Boikova and Kozlovskii: ‘We do feel progress’ | Golden Skate

Boikova and Kozlovskii: ‘We do feel progress’

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"As in nature, after a sunny day, there is dusk and then night falls,” said Moskvina, who has coached several pair teams to Olympic and World gold. "Therefore, a coach always expects that there will be some difficulties after a successful season. Everything is new for athletes that are just starting to compete at the international level."

More...

Boikova and Kozlovskii have upgraded their technical content with a throw triple flip that replaces the throw triple Salchow in both programs. They’re also doing a more difficult death spiral.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing their James Bond free skate! The theme is about the relationship between man and woman (when is it not? :biggrin:).

"Everybody has a profession and everyone is following an agenda," explained Moskvina. "There is the good-looking guy, like Dima (Kozlovskii). He enjoys that role. He needs to pay attention to his partner that he tries to draw into his job, which is skating. At the same time, he is playing around and casting his spell to the world around them. Meanwhile, the girl, Aleksandra, wants to charm this young man, to lead him away from his other admirers and to skillfully twist him around her little finger. The choreography reflects this story. At some point, they are separated, looking at each other, assessing each other, trying to get each other's attention."

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Thank you so much for this article. I've been wishing to learn more about this great pair who are still so young, and this article fits the bill perfectly. It's also wonderful to get some insight in how the coaches think, especially because it's been a while since hearing from Mosquina.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Such an interesting read, thank you very much gsk8 :love:

Sasha and Dima seem so composed and toughtful, way beyond their years. I hope they will have a great season, and I am very excited to see their new programs this weekend, especially the Bond FS! :love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great article/interview. Sasha and Dima really got my attention last season. Looking forward
to seeing both of their programs. They are a breath of fresh air on the ice, wishing them a great season!

LRK

Record Breaker
Yay! A B/K interview! Thankfully there was no one here to hear my undignified squeeing when I saw this.;) Thank you, thank you!:) (And now "off" to actually read the article.:))

ETA - (After having read the article.) What a wonderfully thorough and in-depth article - thank you!:)

Weathergal

Medalist
Thank you for a great article on an interesting pair -- and of course I can never get enough of Moskvina!

I enjoy their skating, and they seem very mature for their ages. They also appear very hard working and grounded. I love to hear their focus on the importance of being complete skaters. I wish them much success! And I think I want Moskvina to be my life coach! :laugh:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Thank you for a lovely article, it was great to know Sasha, Mitya, Artur Minchuk, and of course Madame Moskvina :luv17: 's thoughts and mindsets :thank: I had to smile at this part:

There is the good-looking guy, like Dima (Kozlovskii). He enjoys that role.

Even Madame Moskvina acknowledges he's easy on the eyes :laugh:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
what a lovely interview from my bbs!

Even Madame Moskvina acknowledges he's easy on the eyes
lmao it WAS the best part!:laugh2:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
In my opinion they are the best russian pair, even better than Tarasova / Morozov because they don't just have great elements but they perform also.

Hope for the best this season.