Boikova and Kozlovskii out of third Russia Cup | Golden Skate

Boikova and Kozlovskii out of third Russia Cup

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
clear and present danger: coronavirus is advancing in the active skaters, Dmitriy Kozlovskiy has been tested positive and will have to abstain from the 3rd stage of Russian Cup, together with his partner Aleksandra Boikova.

We should wish him health and hope the trainers and skaters finally start taking elementary self-protection serious.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
clear and present danger: coronavirus is advancing in the active skaters, Dmitriy Kozlovskiy has been tested positive and will have to abstain from the 3rd stage of Russian Cup, together with his partner Aleksandra Boikova.

We should wish him health and hope the trainers and skaters finally start taking elementary self-protection serious.
I'm sad about this.

First Morozov and now Kozlovskiy. Did we ever find out what was ailing Sofia S. ?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm sad about this.

First Morozov and now Kozlovskiy. Did we ever find out what was ailing Sofia S. ?
I believe it was just a regular cold. She was better in time for that closed St Petersburg competition a few weeks back that Stasya K won - I think Sofia came 2nd, I can't quite remember.

She was on Instagram yesterday looking well, so I think she's OK phew!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm glad Sofia is well again. It was concerning to hear that she had been sick. I guess I missed that competition and it's results. :confused:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I feel better now. I do try to keep on top of things. But I am glad she has recovered. She seems like a very nice young lady.
Sofia did post some photos from the competition https://www.instagram.com/p/CFpbxQDpbGr - Her FS costume, no idea what the music is, but Sofia looks amazing.

She and Liza T are competing in the 3rd Russian Cup stage, I'm really looking forward to it!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
There were more Sankt Peterburg skaters missing, they were declared in the start lists of Panin Memorial, but didn't start without reason given.

Not that they need to explain themselves to us, but abstaining from a start can with the current public health situation and rapid rise of virus infections can lead to all kinds of speculations.

The whole of Sankt Peterburg Cup contestants should be in Novogorsk by now, and will be tested.

Why they didn't go to Kislovodsk straight away? The facilities down there aren't equal to Novogorsk?

Novogorsk is already contaminated, has been decontaminated (however good spraying disinfectant over gymnastics apparatus will do), and even under strict isolation, some of the resident rhythmic gymnasts got infected and had to be sent home.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Having a cold, even a mild temperature is no reason not to train, it has been written in many interviews already.

Colds and mild flu's cannot be resisted in the continental climate of Russia. The yearly flu always wreaks havoc in the school children.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
And Galliamov....the Russian pairs really are getting hit. Just hoping they will get well soon, and that dear Tamara will not get it.
I hope there was enough time for Mishina/Galliamov so they could compete already at the third stage.

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Hoping for them to get well soon. And that Kozlovskii is closely monitored when he returns. Since the virus can potentially damage the heart, and skating is such an immense strain on the body, it is vital for affected skaters to be under medical supervision for months and years from now on. Better safe than sorry.
I hope we won't see maskless coaches and audience at Russian events after this. Or a group of maskless flower girls...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
B and K look like they will fight T and M who won't give up without a fight. This reminds me kind of a time when Russia had many good pairs teams but not great ie the mid 1990s They even managed to win a few world titles with not overly talented pairs teams ie Shishkova and Naumov and ELtsova and B???? Sui and Han look like a lock for gold but I think at least one Russian team will podium at the Olympics. Maybe there is enough time for the Americans to sneak on the podium?