Booster | Golden Skate

Booster

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If you have decided to get a booster shot, I would not hesitate. Here in WA, where the gov has not OKed boosters for everyone like 6-7 other states, the wait list is 8 days if you are lucky...if not, its into December.
When boosters are OKed for everyone over 18, who knows? It could be the Hunger Games all over again like it was in Feb-March. We just dont know.
Your state may be different.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Mark got his booster shot 2 weeks + before we left for Skate America. I got mine the day after we returned home.
Good for you! Barb got one scheduled for the day before Thanksgiving. Only 20 percent who are eligible have one at this point. 11 states are now following Israel's research (and Portugals) and offering boosters for everyone.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I am getting my booster Monday morning. Can anyone share experience with side effects and, if any, how long they last? I have an appointment 24 hours after the shot and don’t relish going if feeling sick.. thanks in advance!!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Got my booster on Thursday. My arm is still sore, but to be honest, I also have some sort of rotator cuff problem in that arm which is probably aggravating the soreness. (that is why I chose that arm so that I would have at least one fully good arm :) ). I have not had any headache or fever or effects other than the sore arm.

Spousal Unit did have the chills and a headache for a day after his booster (a month ago) but he does not have my hardy constitution:biggrin:

Good luck!

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
I am getting my booster Monday morning. Can anyone share experience with side effects and, if any, how long they last? I have an appointment 24 hours after the shot and don’t relish going if feeling sick.. thanks in advance!!
I haven’t gotten one, but a family member who did had a sore arm and was a bit tired for about a day after the shot.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Had mine for almost two months now and it definitely hurt worse than previous and was very sore immediately and then I had a really bad headache and some body aches for a few days and then was okay again.

It's so worth getting it. Good luck to all as you obtain them! :)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got the booster shot the day after we returned from Skate America (we stayed in LV through the Tuesday evening afterwards & took a "red eye" flight late Tuesday night to arrive back in Phila., PA on Wednesday morning), so it was that Thursday. I felt a little soreness in my arm through Friday, and definitely more tired this time around compared to the 2 previous vaccinations (although I did go swimming @ the gym that Friday). I just took it easy the rest of the day (napping more than usual). I don't know how much tiredness was due to the booster or due to jet lag, and being away for two weeks. By Saturday morning I was totally back to normal!

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I got my first 2 shots (Moderna) in Feb/March and my third shot (Pfizer) this month. All three times I had arm soreness, mild headache, and just felt tired. Pfizer hurt my arm the most, but Moderna I couldn't lift my arm at all. Would take any shot over having COVID again. All 3 I did on a Saturday and with medicine on Sunday was able to do normal stuff.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven't gotten a booster yet, but that's because I'm covered, as far as antibodies, because I had covid in early November. Also, I was lucky to get an infusion of antibodies a few days after I tested positive. I'm not eligible for the booster till after 3 months.

My son got the booster the week before (priority because he's a teacher), and he was the only one of our family who didn't get covid. Me, husband, daughter, son-in-law, and 2-year old granddaughter tested positive. (So if you'd send positive thoughts to my grandbaby, much appreciated! She's fine, but I still worry.) We got it from our daughter's in-laws, who invited us for homemade grinders during the UM-MSU game (big here in Michigan). We all had light cases, and I'm very thankful for the vaccine, because I'm prone to pneumonia.

My son had a reaction to the booster when he hadn't had reaction to the first 2 shots. He was fine after a couple of days.

The following is not an answer to the question, but it might be entertaining somewhat:

When we got the infusion of antibodies via I.V., I casually (I hope) said to the nurse, "FYI, I have small veins, and they have a tendency to roll." I've learned it's better for the technician to be warned. So she got serious and rather quiet, (as my husband said later), when she started probing and poking for a vein. I did my Lamaze breathing, but I had the usual big bruises later. She got it on the third poke, but it took her 20 minutes. Then she crossed to my husband, did one poke, and the needle was in! In 20 seconds! I'd never been in the room before when someone else got their IV; I knew I wasn't normal, but 20 seconds? Yeesh. I couldn't help it .... I gasped and said, "You mean you got it in him that quick? That's disgusting!" Everyone laughed, even the young stranger who'd been biding his time for 40 minutes after his infusion, to make sure of no anaphylactic shock. To his and everyone's credit, no one in the room betrayed shock or surprise (or worse, laughed) while I was enduring the poking around. After that, sitting for the 20-minute infusion and the 40-minute aftermath was a breeze. I did have some comfort: the nurse gave me juice and a whole packet of animal crackers! 🐰🐻🐱🐶🐭

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I haven't gotten a booster yet, but that's because I'm covered, as far as antibodies, because I had covid in early November. Also, I was lucky to get an infusion of antibodies a few days after I tested positive. I'm not eligible for the booster till after 3 months.

My son got the booster the week before (priority because he's a teacher), and he was the only one of our family who didn't get covid. Me, husband, daughter, son-in-law, and 2-year old granddaughter tested positive. (So if you'd send positive thoughts to my grandbaby Zoe, much appreciated! She's fine, but I still worry.) We got it from our daughter's in-laws, who invited us for homemade grinders during the UM-MSU game (big here in Michigan). We all had light cases, and I'm very thankful for the vaccine, because I'm prone to pneumonia.

My son had a reaction to the booster when he hadn't had reaction to the first 2 shots. He was fine after a couple of days.

The following is not an answer to the question, but it might be entertaining somewhat:

When we got the infusion of antibodies via I.V., I casually (I hope) said to the nurse, "FYI, I have small veins, and they have a tendency to roll." I've learned it's better for the technician to be warned. So she got serious and rather quiet, (as my husband said later), when she started probing and poking for a vein. I did my Lamaze breathing, but I had the usual big bruises later. She got it on the third poke, but it took her 20 minutes. Then she crossed to my husband, did one poke, and the needle was in! In 20 seconds! I'd never been in the room before when someone else got their IV; I knew I wasn't normal, but 20 seconds? Yeesh. I couldn't help it .... I gasped and said, "You mean you got it in him that quick? That's disgusting!" Everyone laughed, even the young stranger who'd been biding his time for 40 minutes after his infusion, to make sure of no anaphylactic shock. To his and everyone's credit, no one in the room betrayed shock or surprise (or worse, laughed) while I was enduring the poking around. After that, sitting for the 20-minute infusion and the 40-minute aftermath was a breeze. I did have some comfort: the nurse gave me juice and a whole packet of animal crackers! 🐰🐻🐱🐶🐭
:pray: for your grandbaby.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hope you are all improving a little bit every day. MI. is my "adopted" state, and I worry when I see the daily numbers. Be well!
Thanks. I wanted to clarify that our family (minus daughter's in-laws) had all been fully vaccinated. We got the virus anyway, but we didn't get complications. The baby, of course, can't get vaccinated for 10 years (as of now), but she's feisty and brilliant and very active. We're hopeful that the "light case" she had is the end of it.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States

My son got the booster the week before (priority because he's a teacher), and he was the only one of our family who didn't get covid. Me, husband, daughter, son-in-law, and 2-year old granddaughter tested positive. (So if you'd send positive thoughts to my grandbaby, much appreciated! She's fine, but I still worry.) We got it from our daughter's in-laws, who invited us for homemade grinders during the UM-MSU game (big here in Michigan). We all had light cases, and I'm very thankful for the vaccine, because I'm prone to pneumonia.

Prayers for your Grandbaby Skylark!!
As well as you and those who tested positive in your family… we are living in precarious times..💙🥰

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just wanted to add..
Moderna booster shot yesterday at noon left arm. Very sore arm and neck about 4 pm but no fever, chills or other symptoms.. no appetite
Went to bed early, slept thru the night, fine this morning tho took a little long getting up and starting the day. Now 8:40 am, had breakfast did all chores feeling fine. Hope this helps those who are considering the booster

Last edited: