Bradie Tennell unpacks it | Golden Skate

Bradie Tennell unpacks it

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Brilliant interview! Had to watch in installments, but finally got to the end. Love Bradie's honesty and maturity. Find her skating a bit of an acquired taste, but am beginning to appreciate what she brings to the table (as she said herself). She's been through a lot and deserve every success this season. Good luck to her at Four Continents!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Brilliant interview! Had to watch in installments, but finally got to the end. Love Bradie's honesty and maturity. Find her skating a bit of an acquired taste, but am beginning to appreciate what she brings to the table (as she said herself). She's been through a lot and deserve every success this season. Good luck to her at Four Continents!
She is one of the skaters I had to see in person to appreciate. She’s a fighter and I love that.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I highly recommend giving a listen to this interview. Bradie's answers are so thoughtful, insightful ... and Ted's questions are great

noskates

Record Breaker
To be honest, I never cared much for Bradie before this year. BUT - having said that, I am a huge fan of hers now. She seems to be more at peace with herself, doesn't skate so "inward" and really seems to be enjoying the whole process. She stayed in the same hotel during Nationals and we saw her every morning at breakfast. She was smiling and interacting with the people who interrupted her meal (we left her alone) but she just seemed like a totally different person than before. Her skating shows it, too.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ If you're referring to 2020 Nationals in Greensboro, we stayed @ the same hotel as Bradie, too. I must have met you there. I did go over to Bradie once I realized it was she, but I did speak discreetly to her & respect her privacy. I do remember complimenting her on her SP performance (and how much I loved her red dress) & wished her all the best in the free skate. She was very gracious, and I am beyond thrilled for her this season (after feeling so crushed for her last season). Actually the first time we got to see her skate in person was @ the 2017 Philadelphia International Summer Competition (formerly known as "Liberty"), which she won. We were thrilled that she got the third spot for 2017 Skate America in Lake Placid, where she won the bronze medal (and which we were so fortunate to attend after spending Thanksgiving with my brother in law & family in Albany, NY).

noskates

Record Breaker
Oh sorry - iluvTodd. I would loved to have met you since I've enjoyed your posts all these years. I was referring to San Jose and this year's Nationals.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh sorry - iluvTodd. I would loved to have met you since I've enjoyed your posts all these years. I was referring to San Jose and this year's Nationals.
We would have loved to go to San Jose Nationals, but we are waiting for Nationals to return to the East Coast, or within a reasonable driving distance for us (Columbus, Ohio is doable for us). It would be great to meet up with you in person.

lauramartha3

Spectator
Ted always does outstanding interviews. And, while watching (past) Worlds on Peacock, he happened to be the one who was commentating on the dance performances (only time Peacock had a commentator) (when Papadakis and Cizeron won after the Olympics, in France) and his words were so powerful both before and after their FD.