Brand New Ideas for Programs | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Brand New Ideas for Programs

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I always wanted to compete a Long Program to Gattaca (by Michael Nyman, here's a sample), never got the chance. As far as I know, no skater has ever used this music. I've never shared my 4:30 cut of the soundtrack or tried to alter it for someone else, but probably by now I should. The music is haunting and inspirational, one of the best film scores ever in my opinion (the film is excellent too), and would go well not only with skating movements, but also if you've seen the film, the entire competitive mindset and drive to get through a Long Program.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I just listened to it & I agree that it is a beautiful, haunting piece. Thanks for sharing it. Now, let's see, who could do justice to it?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
One day a really top-flight synchro team has got to skate to the Ride of the Valkyries if no-one else has yet.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I suggested this for Hubbell & Donahue in their fanfest given they did a successful sultry program a few seasons ago.. like the guitar and vocals

Fool - Sweeplings

https://youtu.be/PGNnr_QsmLI

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Nausicaa is amazing, Lu Chen did her Long Program to it in the 1992-1994 seasons, and deserved to win 1993 Worlds with that performance for me. Takahiko Kozuka also skated to a more subdued selection from Nausicaa in the 2011-2012 season, I liked the concept but the choreography and performance could have been deeper.

More people should use Hisaishi music, nobody has ever skated to Porco Rosso or The Wind Rises, and no top level competitors have skated to Castle in the Sky. I also think Kiki’s Delivery Service could be good, the track “A Town with an Ocean View” sounds like a delightful Short Program all on its own.

EyesOfLove

On the Ice
I know Chen used part of the track in 93 and 94 (the lyrical piano passage in the opening), I want to see someone skating to the ending theme, "Tori no Hito" (The flying (wo)man) consisting of grand orchestral climax.