Brand New Ideas for Programs | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Brand New Ideas for Programs

TeamGubanova

On the Ice
I think Lizzo could be a nice SP music for someone with very strong performance skills (Starr Andrews, Mae Berenice Meite)

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
trying to find alternarives to Romeo and Juliet, is there any musical on Wuthering Heights? soundtrack of some recent movie? (i mean, a toxic love is as tragic and romantic as a star crossed one)

I know there's a Jane Eyre musical, but not sure about Wuthering Heights. Looking for notable film soundtracks, I found this from the 1992 film and this Michael Legrand score from a 1970 film I had no idea existed though I think there was a 2011? 2012? version I couldn't find out if it had a memorable theme.

On tragic lovers, we've had some Tristan and Isoldes from that one film version, but I don't remember if anyone's skated to the Wagner opera. Surely something could be done with the incredible overture.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I know there's a Jane Eyre musical, but not sure about Wuthering Heights. Looking for notable film soundtracks, I found this from the 1992 film and this Michael Legrand score from a 1970 film I had no idea existed though I think there was a 2011? 2012? version I couldn't find out if it had a memorable theme.

On tragic lovers, we've had some Tristan and Isoldes from that one film version, but I don't remember if anyone's skated to the Wagner opera. Surely something could be done with the incredible overture.
Jason Brown and Della Monica/Guarise among others skated to the movie soundtrack

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
other modern ballet ideas:

Mayerling (still to mature to be a R+J substitute)

Frankenstein (no romance at all, just something i'd like to see)

Onegin

and if you really want to do swan lake, why not Bourne's version (all swans are men)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Paradise Circus by Massive Attack would make a great contemporary, abstract program ... would love to see Jason Brown attempt it!!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Music of Wojciech Kilar has been on my mind lately, specifically the soundtrack from Portrait of a Lady. I know his music from Dracula has been used in skating but I am not aware that Portrait has been done before... I think it would fit one of the young Russian skaters beautifully but I could also see young American skaters attempting it perhaps Starr Andrews or even Karen Chen or Bradie Tennell tho the music is moody, atmospheric, subtle..

My Life Before Me

Cypresses

Twlight Cellos

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
trying to find alternarives to Romeo and Juliet, is there any musical on Wuthering Heights? soundtrack of some recent movie? (i mean, a toxic love is as tragic and romantic as a star crossed one)

Am I going mad? Am I imagining things? Because I could have sworn that YOU introduced me to the following a few months ago:

Angra - "Wuthering Heights"

And here is a Dutch skater doing a programme to Kate Bush's original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdGwwuuKRe4

Tell me - was it me advising you on Monday to introduce your baby nephew to Kate Bush (amongst other rockers) that inspired this question? :p

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Am I going mad? Am I imagining things? Because I could have sworn that YOU introduced me to the following a few months ago:

Angra - "Wuthering Heights"

And here is a Dutch skater doing a programme to Kate Bush's original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdGwwuuKRe4

Tell me - was it me advising you on Monday to introduce your baby nephew to Kate Bush (amongst other rockers) that inspired this question? :p

CaroLiza_fan
i already posted that song a couple of pages back :LOL:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
LOL sometimes I wish someone would skate to Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights, but it's not really a song I can imagine someone skating to...maybe in one of those solo dance competitions, but in singles not so much.

Also it's a song that gets stuck in your head forever once you hear it :laugh2:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i already posted that song a couple of pages back :LOL:

Come on. A couple of pages back?! It was back in July!!! How do you expect me to remember that far back?! :drama:

You know I'm only messing with you. ;) :biggrin:

See you in a few hours time in the Budapest Trophy thread, my darling! 😘

LOL sometimes I wish someone would skate to Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights, but it's not really a song I can imagine someone skating to...maybe in one of those solo dance competitions, but in singles not so much.

Did you see the second video I linked to in my previous post this morning? I don't think it was in competition, but it shows a Dutch skater doing a programme to it. (Her name might be Kimberley Bleij, but I don't know for sure).

Also it's a song that gets stuck in your head forever once you hear it :laugh2:

I can relate to that statement. It has been stuck in my head for the past four hours, ever since I looked it up for my previous post! 😆

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
after watching russian junior pairs i think Orpheus and Eurydice could be a good replacement for Romeo and Juliet, they could pick music from Gluck's opera

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ah cool! I found this thread again.

I'm just listening to random stuff in YouTube and I wonder..has any skater every done a program to Smooth Operator?

Cause the "Bringing it to the judges" potential in it is truly epic. :laugh2:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I've always thought someone should ice dance to it, it would be perfect for a latin short dance.

Grishuk/Zhulin have done an gala program to it https://youtu.be/mIhkyDu0Y7Q
IIRC so did US dance team Krigenkruit/Giulietti-Schmitt .
Ah cool! I found this thread again.

I'm just listening to random stuff in YouTube and I wonder..has any skater every done a program to Smooth Operator?

Cause the "Bringing it to the judges" potential in it is truly epic. :laugh2:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've always thought someone should ice dance to it, it would be perfect for a latin short dance.
OMG you're right it's got the perfect vibe for it. Who could best do it I wonder...call me crazy but I feel like Kaetlyn and Jean-Luc could totally sell it.

Grishuk/Zhulin have done an gala program to it https://youtu.be/mIhkyDu0Y7Q
This is awesome...and even with what little I know about her...it would be Pasha G who would skate to this! Could there be any doubt ;)