Record Breaker
Country
Australia
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Burlesque (2010)

Tagline: It takes a legend... to make a star

Genre: Drama, Romance

Director: Steve Antin

Cast: Cher, Christina Aguilera, Eric Dane, Cam Gigandet, Julianne Hough, Alan Cumming, Peter Gallagher, Kristen Bell, Stanley Tucci, Dianna Agron, Glynn Turman, David Walton, Terrence Jenkins, Chelsea Traille, Tanee McCall, JaQuel Knight, Allison Kyler, Tyne Stecklein, Paula Van Oppen, Isabella Hofmann, James Brolin, Stephen Lee, Denise Faye, Baldeep Singh, Michael Landes, Wendy Benson-Landes, Tisha French, Katerina Mikailenko, Katelynn Tilley, Gwen Van Dam, Catherine Natale, Jonathon Trent, Blair Redford

Release: 2010-11-23

Runtime: 119

Plot: The Burlesque Lounge has its best days behind it. Tess, a retired dancer and owner of the venue, struggles to keep the aging theater alive, facing all kinds of financial and artistic challenges. With the Lounge's troupe members becoming increasingly distracted by personal problems and a threat coming from a wealthy businessman's quest to buy the spot from Tess, the good fortune seems to have abandoned the club altogether. Meanwhile, the life of Ali, a small-town girl from Iowa, is about to change dramatically. Hired by Tess as a waitress at the Lounge, Ali escapes a hollow past and quickly falls in love with the art of burlesque. Backed by newfound friends amongst the theater's crew, she manages to fulfill her dreams of being on stage herself. Things take a dramatic turn though when Ali's big voice makes her become the main attraction of the venue.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
@gsk8 has shamed me for being a figure skating fan and not having watched this film. :p

Fortunately it's on Netflix so I was able to see it rather than having to get the DVD from the library like an old person.

I have to admit been slightly confused at first about what time period it was supposed to be set in, but eventually I figure it out :laugh:

Anywho! This was a fun film, the music was catchy and both Cher and Christina A really sold it :) and the storyline was surprisingly absorbing.

It did make me want to dance, but I'm pretty sure I can't do any of those moves :laugh2:

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the review! It's certainly not on par with Moulin Rouge, but lots of skaters have been using the music. I really enjoyed CA's singing. I gave it 3 stars as well ;)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database