CBC's "Battle of the Blades" Returns for a fifth Season.

lariko

Medalist
I am so happy I will get a FS fix in Sept, because the off-season is starting to get long. Well done, CBC!

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
I am so happy I will get a FS fix in Sept, because the off-season is starting to get long. Well done, CBC!

You could watch the canadian summer series. I am even planning to attend some event live. There is figure skating happening much earlier :)

max bensen

Spectator
I hope WeakAnkles sees this thread. As a self professed fake Canadian, he can definitely help all you non-Canadians out with finding a good VPN and using it to watch live broadcasts from the CBC’s website.

Meanwhile, I’ll be throwing virtual tomatoes in his direction for the entire 2019-2020 skating season. HE KNOWS WHY.

:ddevil: :ddevil: :ddevil:

:rofl:

Oh VPN,of course!! That's how we not-cool not-Canadians can watch Bob:yahoo:

lariko

Medalist
Once in a while I see advertisement for the show on TV, and I do a little sqeee! :yahoo:

kkermit

On the Ice
https://www.cbc.ca/television/battleoftheblades

The lineup has been announced:

Eric Radford/Amanda Kessel
Andrew Poje/Natalie Spooner
Vanessa James/Brian Mcgratten
Kaitlyn Weaver/Sheldon Kennedy
Amanda Evora/Colton Orr
Katia Gordeeva/Bruno Gervais
Violetta Afanasieva/PJ Stock (replacing Colby Armstrong who was injured during training) :(

according to Eric radford's Instagram, international audiences will be able to watch botb the day after it airs on the CBC website

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I had not watched much of the show in previous years, but last night I couldn't take my eyes off it! The stories of personal struggles and how lives turned around, not to mention the figure skating stars and the charities. Plus a dancing Ron MacLean and a solo skate by Elladj Baldé...great entertainment!

Kaitlyn & Sheldon for the win.

lariko

Medalist
The first episode is so cool! Team James, but also really loved Team Gordeeva :)