Channel One Cup 2023 | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Channel One Cup 2023

niks

On the Ice
There's St. Petersburg championships with a lot of top men and a prize pool next week. Do we need a separated thread?

Yes please! I'm looking forward to that competition; hopefully, we'll see Misha back

Fingers crossed, there'll be a stream for it

And I take the opportunity to thank you for all the information and links you provide to help us follow Russian figure skating! It's really appreciated :thank:

icewhite

Record Breaker
SPb Fed always streams its competition. But, of course, the don't have TV quality.

All of the Russian guys I love seem to be in Petersburg nowadays, so it would be great if you could link the stream or even make a thread.

NaVi

Medalist
It was a bad idea to schedule to schedule this event at this time. It's way too close to the holiday season.

Amei

Record Breaker
It was a bad idea to schedule to schedule this event at this time. It's way too close to the holiday season.

Well if they were competing internationally they would be going to Europeans next week - which I think is part of why Channel One Cup was scheduled when it was to keep the athletes on a consistent schedule with the international events. I believe the Cup Final is around the same time as Worlds.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Akatieva had the most pressure today in my opinion. Not because of the team aspect, since that was done and dusted before she even took the ice, but because after yesterday there were folks who started the murmuring that national title might have been a fluke.

That talk was squashed 24 hours later, and squashed convincingly.

A resounding response today was expected and not a surprise. Champions find a way to block the negatives and rise to the occasion.

These are the types of skates that earn my respect.

Last edited:

lusterfan

Final Flight
anybody happen to have all the scores or know where I can find them? tried looking everywhere but no luck!

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
DID I JUST SEE SASHA TRUSOVA STANDING THERE WITH SVETLANA??
Not only was she there, but she was able to organize a meet and greet outside one of the corridors.

She posted on social media to meet her outside section 204 and there was a rush of fans that took her up on it. Security had to scramble out there to get an orderly queue formed.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
anybody happen to have all the scores or know where I can find them? tried looking everywhere but no luck!
RESULTS - INDIVIDUALSPFSSP ScoreFS ScoreTotal
1Sofia Akatieva - Софья Акатьева (Z)3174.37177.75252.12
2Sofia Muravieva - Софья Муравьева (V)1284.54160.23244.77
3Adeliya Petrosian - Аделия Петросян (Z)2383.80156.42240.22
4Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Елизавета Туктамышева (V)4474.32156.35230.67
5Alina Gorbacheva - Алина Горбачева (Z)5773.98143.11217.09
6Veronika Yametova - Вероника Яметова (Z)6569.56146.17215.73
7Sofia Samodelkina - Софья Самоделкина (V)7666.04143.78209.82
8Ksenia Gushchina - Ксения Гущина (V)8DNP122.76122.76
WDAnastasia Zinina - Анастасия Зинина (V)DNF - INJDNP

RESULTS - TEAM
🔵Not Gonna Get Us - Captain: Kamila Valieva2275.47
🔴Red Machine - Captain: Alina Zagitova2344.24

I typed these up myself, hopefully I didn’t make a mistake.

The letter next to the skater in parenthesis denotes if the skater was on Valieva’s or Zagitova’s team.

“DNF - INJ“ stands for Did not finish - injured.
”DNP” stands for Did Not participate.

Last edited:

DoubleBass

Rinkside
Not only was she there, but she was able to organize a meet and greet outside one of the corridors.

She posted on social media to meet her outside section 204 and there was a rush of fans that took her up on it. Security had to scramble out there to get an orderly queue formed.
Such a sneaky move 😂

Lurker11

On the Ice
Such a sneaky move 😂

It's all rather sad what's happened to her career. I think it's disrespectful to her fellow skaters to hold an autograph session and cause a commotion while the event is taking place.

She thought she was pulling some kind of power move by not yielding to Channel 1 like they needed her more than she needed them, but in the end her absence hasn't been felt. Even more so given her form this season.

Everyone but her fans have given a collective shrug to her absence. The lack of attention hurt so resorting to stunts like yesterday. Someone needs to advise her better.

The GP final is in 6 weeks time. Her priorities over the past 4 weeks has been going to Dubai for a vacation, turning up an event she wasn't invited to to do an impromptu autograph session in the middle of the event, doing Yana shows. She already had fitness issues at the GP stages, I couldn't imagine what kind of shape she would be in now.

There is no way she competes at the GP final.

DoubleBass

Rinkside
It's all rather sad what's happened to her career. I think it's disrespectful to her fellow skaters to hold an autograph session and cause a commotion while the event is taking place.

She thought she was pulling some kind of power move by not yielding to Channel 1 like they needed her more than she needed them, but in the end her absence hasn't been felt. Even more so given her form this season.

Everyone but her fans have given a collective shrug to her absence. The lack of attention hurt so resorting to stunts like yesterday. Someone needs to advise her better.

The GP final is in 6 weeks time. Her priorities over the past 4 weeks has been going to Dubai for a vacation, turning up an event she wasn't invited to to do an impromptu autograph session in the middle of the event, doing Yana shows. She already had fitness issues at the GP stages, I couldn't imagine what kind of shape she would be in now.

I agree and disagree at the same time, I never liked Trusova as a senior skater that much (except for her Frida short at the Olympics) and I'm not crazy about her at all, but one thing is for sure Trusova is a huge star and I mean huuuge, if you ever pay attention to live chats on yt during live streams there has never been at least one full minute without someone asking where is Trusova/Sasha, her "Unstoppable" exhibition is probably one of the most watched FS videos on YouTube ever with 36 mln views (the video is geoblocked in the US) but recently one instance in particular made me realize how popular she actually might be was when my good buddy from Algeria asked me what was my favorite sport (because I told him that I didn't care about FiFA world cup and Messi finally getting the cup or whatever) I said figure skating/ice skating, and his response had literally floored me, he remembered one video in particular (which apparently got viral in northern Africa) of a Russian blonde girl skating and the camera following her everywhere, it was Trusova's unstoppable practice in Canada filmed by on ice perspectives. That's the only thing he knew about figure skating, that one video lmao, he didn't even know that was not how they'd film an actual program or anything else, figure skating related for that matter.
anyways my point is that channel one can certainly benefit from being on good terms with Trusova (and vice versa of course)

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Such a sneaky move 😂

I’m not too bothered about it. It just adds to the entertainment value of Russian ladies figure skating.

Of course, burning bridges with channel one or the skaters that could take offense to her trying to upstage them with this stunt is something she has to consider. Since I am neither of the above, this stunt is hilarious to me as an outsider observer.

The one real criticism of this entire affair is that having people rush a corridor can create a hazardous situation for the fans (that are running over there hurriedly and excitedly), and Trusova herself, since there is no way to guarantee that a mass of humanity congregating into these narrow spaces will do so in an orderly fashion.

Having someone (and odds are it will be a young girl) getting pushed down or run over, or having Trusova herself get overwhelmed can lead to serious injuries. And that is definitely no laughing matter.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree and disagree at the same time, I never liked Trusova as a senior skater that much (except for her Frida short at the Olympics) and I'm not crazy about her at all, but one thing is for sure Trusova is a huge star and I mean huuuge, if you ever pay attention to live chats on yt during live streams there has never been at least one full minute without someone asking where is Trusova/Sasha, her "Unstoppable" exhibition is probably one of the most watched FS videos on YouTube ever with 36 mln views (the video is geoblocked in the US) but recently one instance in particular made me realize how popular she actually might be was when my good buddy from Algeria asked me what was my favorite sport (because I told him that I didn't care about FiFA world cup and Messi finally getting the cup or whatever) I said figure skating/ice skating, and his response had literally floored me, he remembered one video in particular (which apparently got viral in northern Africa) of a Russian blonde girl skating and the camera following her everywhere, it was Trusova's unstoppable practice in Canada filmed by on ice perspectives. That's the only thing he knew about figure skating, that one video lmao, he didn't even know that was not how they'd film an actual program or anything else, figure skating related for that matter.
anyways my point is that channel one can certainly benefit from being on good terms with Trusova (and vice versa of course)
Trusova is definitely popular. I learned that on my own, since I engage with her fans in this forum. Usually the conversation turns into how she is underscored and everyone else is overscored. haha

Her fan base is loyal and passionate and loud. Hey, it’s the type of fanbase any skater would love.

DoubleBass

Rinkside
Trusova is definitely popular. I learned that on my own, since I engage with her fans in this forum. Usually the conversation turns into how she is underscored and everyone else is overscored. haha

Her fan base is loyal and passionate and loud. Hey, it’s the type of fanbase any skater would love.
Yeah that's the same old song they've been singing since her senior debut, the song is now a classic hit, I hope it won't be the only hit. Honestly I think she should go back to Eteri asap if she takes her back, or at least to Plushenko. I was actually very hopeful about Sasha in the beginning of the season, because last year she started learning new dance moves on her own, her new exhibition "won't leave halfway" was absolutely fantastic and it showed a different, more mature side of her skating and character, but then she falls in love, quits Tutberidze again, loses her form completely, tries to fire Tarasova and Yagudin and burn all bridges with channel 1 etc I'm sure she has her reasons and her own perspective looking at things, but as an outside observer, her decisions this season look irrational to me

Lurker11

On the Ice
I don't think even Trusova's fans can defend her organising an unauthorised autograph session during the middle of the women's free skate. Really petty thing to do.

Eteri will never take her back. She caused unnecessary drama for Eteri, wanted special concessions like her own locker room. Kamila, Sonya and Adelia are perfect students. If Sasha just went to dance class occasionally she probably wins gold, or listened to someone about her triple axel.

Sasha with 5 quads couldn't beat Shcherbakova, and Akatieva is close to surpassing Shcherbakova already. If Petrosyan gets get quad loop consistent look out. Then Kamila including the jump tournament has landed her last 10 quad toes clean, 9 of them perfectly. Kamila in this kind of form is almost a guaranteed 170+ in every free skate.

I said this yesterday and someone didn't like it, but Sokolovskaya has been a disaster for her skaters. Everyone goes backwards relative to the competition under her. That's not Sasha's problem it's her attitude which won't change now, but under an Eteri there would be some chance of Sasha turning her career around although slim. Under Sokolovskaya it's just total erosion and regression in everything. Fitness, skating, jumps, character. Mark looks like a shell of a man.

Last edited:

DoubleBass

Rinkside
I don't think even Trusova's fans can defend her organising an unauthorised autograph session during the middle of the women's free skate. Really petty thing to do.

Eteri will never take her back. She caused unnecessary drama for Eteri, wanted special concessions like her own locker room. Kamila, Sonya and Adelia are perfect students. If Sasha just went to dance class occasionally she probably wins gold, or listened to someone about her triple axel.

Sasha with 5 quads couldn't beat Shcherbakova, and Akatieva is close to surpassing Shcherbakova already. If Petrosyan gets get quad loop consistent look out. Then Kamila including the jump tournament has landed her last 10 quad toes clean, 9 of them perfectly. Kamila in this kind of form is almost a guaranteed 170+ in every free skate.

I said this yesterday and someone didn't like it, but Sokolovskaya has been a disaster for her skaters. Everyone goes backwards relative to the competition under her. That's not Sasha's problem it's her attitude which won't change now, but under an Eteri there would be some chance of Sasha turning her career around although slim. Under Sokolovskaya it's just total erosion and regression in everything. Fitness, skating, jumps, character. Mark looks like a shell of a man.
Yeah I totally agree with what you're saying.
But there's also popularity aspect, as I have mentioned above, ticket sales for Tutberidze shows for example, or local competition events like GP stages and GP final, Sasha is a huge attraction, fans are loyal by nature and she won't lose most of them for many years even if she continues this way and they are willing to support her no matter what because according to them she is a revolutionist in women FS, she has character and stubbornness which makes her unique even if it loses her medals, she is not afraid to take risks etc, according to her fans, and in a way all of this is true.