Channel One Cup: Free Program | Page 41 | Golden Skate

Channel One Cup: Free Program

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Russia is turning this sport into nothing but a total farce. :LOL: Why are they trying so hard to push Tuktamysheva up this season, whose jumping quality has declined significantly? In the SP her PCS was almost tied with Trusova's. How is that possible? They just want her to replace Kostornaya on the Worlds team, but what "Fair Play" really means to them? Plushenko, you'd better not give in to their pressure.

They were still playing the same trick on Trusova as usual even though her skating has improved so much. 🥱 Why? If she can choose, she should skate for some other countries.

At this Team Event the behavior of their skaters was simply crazy and ugly. (n) What the hell were they watching and doing there? Just shouting, screaming and acting in front of the cameras? Please don't overplay yourselves, guys!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Russia is the only country in the world who tries not only to revive the dying sport but to make the ongoing show out of it. Not only does she make the superstars out of skaters. She brings figure skating to the rest of the world. Compare the openness of the streams, the availability of videos with what others offer. Russia brings Ted as a commentator even to junior competitions, etc. To criticize Russia there can only people with blinders on eyes or people on a certain mission. Nothing new.

ruga

Final Flight
I would actually love a similar event on international level but with placements instead of scores. Maybe at the end of the season we could get a tournament with 4 teams of best skaters from different countries with World champions as captains or something like that.

FayD

spring will come 🌸
On the Ice
I would actually love a similar event on international level but with placements instead of scores. Maybe at the end of the season we could get a tournament with 4 teams of best skaters from different countries with World champions as captains or something like that.
World Team Trophy?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Trusova, what a fighter. She locked the second spot here. Her 4T in the second half was amazing. In my opinion, she should do two of them instead of the Lutzes. But, I think the reason she goes for two 4Lz is to compete against the two girls ahead of her. The one thing that makes me worry about her, is without 3A in SP, she will have a tough time placing in the top three at Worlds after the Short Program. I think there are actually about 6 ladies capable of out scoring her in the short program. If she doesn’t place in the top 6, it will be hard to play catch up without being in the final group. However, most likely, some of the top contenders, will end up making mistakes and she should be fine. I think as long as she skates clean, she should be okay. But, while her competitors look for her to screw up her long program. It is ironic, that she is relying on others to screw up in the SP to be in contention. I like her SP more than the LP. I see her scoring around 230 with what she put here.
No, the main reason is her injury. She only just got back the 4T and doing two per program is probably still too much of a load on her left leg.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Russia is the only country in the world who tries not only to revive the dying sport but to make the ongoing show out of it. Not only does she make the superstars out of skaters. She brings figure skating to the rest of the world. Compare the openness of the streams, the availability of videos with what others offer. Russia brings Ted as a commentator even to junior competitions, etc. To criticize Russia there can only people with blinders on eyes or people on a certain mission. Nothing new.
All of that is well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that domestic scoring is very far from impartial.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Your understanding of the people around the world is so simple. I am not some agent working for any interest group but a very sincere bystander here, believe it or not. :LOL:
People who have eyes and very basic intellect can easily compare Russia with other countries: availability and quality of competition streams and videos, English commentary. This is just about promotion to the public. Add all the background work. Then there will be the answer why it is different here. Sorry, I can prove nothing to those who deny the obvious whether they are bystanders or people on a mission.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
All of that is well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that domestic scoring is very far from impartial.
Everyone was inflated so what? It was a fun competition. Deduct 10 - 15 points there will be relevant international scores. Liza would get 210, Sasha would get 230, Anna 240, Kamila 255. In Japan they are much stricter unless your name is Kaori Sakamoto. I don't think that it is better practice than overscoring during a fun competition.

Dawn825

Medalist
You made 2 different points. One, that Russia is doing the most to keep skating relevant and available, which most people would agree with. Two, that Russia is beyond criticism, which most people would disagree with, considering the lack of safety protocols, and suspect judging.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
You made 2 different points. One, that Russia is doing the most to keep skating relevant and available, which most people would agree with. Two, that Russia is beyond criticism, which most people would disagree with, considering the lack of safety protocols, and suspect judging.
No, I made just one point. It was my reply to the statement that Russia is turning figure skating into total farce.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russia is turning this sport into nothing but a total farce. :LOL: Why are they trying so hard to push Tuktamysheva up this season, whose jumping quality has declined significantly? In the SP her PCS was almost tied with Trusova's. How is that possible? They just want her to replace Kostornaya on the Worlds team, but what "Fair Play" really means to them? Plushenko, you'd better not give in to their pressure.

They were still playing the same trick on Trusova as usual even though her skating has improved so much. 🥱 Why? If she can choose, she should skate for some other countries.

At this Team Event the behavior of their skaters was simply crazy and ugly. (n) What the hell were they watching and doing there? Just shouting, screaming and acting in front of the cameras? Please don't overplay yourselves, guys!
Why should Kostornaia be on the World Team when she has been largely absent from competition this year and is apparently still working to get her jumps back? Based on what we have seen so far this year, the obvious choices for the Russian team are Trusova, Shcherbakova and Tuktymesheva. I don't think anyone should get upset about scoring at a hometown event. International scoring will not hand out GOEs like we saw here or give nearly perfect PCS scores to skaters who have average skating skills and give flat performances. At least I hope not!

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
People who have eyes and very basic intellect can easily compare Russia with other countries: availability and quality of competition streams and videos, English commentary. This is just about promotion to the public. Add all the background work. Then there will be the answer why it is different here. Sorry, I can prove nothing to those who deny the obvious whether they are bystanders or people on a mission.
If you read my post more carefully, you will see that I am not criticizing Russia for doing these shows, but only speaking my mind on the ridiculous scoring system in your country, which is in blatant disregard of judging fairness.

If you think the viewers do want to see the dramatical acting of your stars in front of the cameras, just go ahead with it.

If you think my mission here is to gain anything by discrediting your motherland, just ignore me!

FelineFairy

On the Ice
If you read my post more carefully, you will see that I am not criticizing Russia for doing these shows, but only speaking my mind on the ridiculous scoring system in your country, which is in blatant disregard of judging fairness.

If you think the viewers do want to see the dramatical acting of your stars in front of the cameras, just go ahead with it.

If you think my mission here is to gain anything by discrediting your motherland, just ignore me!
Sorry, scoring might be ridiculous, and speaking one's mind is OK, but you called the whole event, not the scoring, "a total farce". Moreover, you called the skaters behaviour "crazy and ugly". Do you really think it is just sincere and not rude and offensive? Don't you think that speaking your mind that way just tells a lot about the mind?

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
Please, folks, is there somewhere link to results with judges score?

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Sorry, scoring might be ridiculous, and speaking one's mind is OK, but you called the whole event, not the scoring, "a total farce". Moreover, you called the skaters behaviour "crazy and ugly". Do you really think it is just sincere and not rude and offensive? Don't you think that speaking your mind that way just tells a lot about the mind?
"Rude"? "Offensive"? Are you kidding me? :laugh2: Should I change my feelings because of you? Should I change my writing because of your fragile hearts? Because I did not sing high praise for the show, I must be someone on a special mission? Such simple logic is really laughable beyond words. :ROFLMAO: Don't you find it Rude or Offensive or even Insulting? They are just risking their own health to show to the world how strong their team is and how phenomenal their future Olympic champion looks, but the superficial prosperity can hardly conseal the dark & ugly side of their judging system! 🤮