tenor.gif
Yeah, I saw this 😂

This gif is a keeper

Dawn825

Medalist
In case anyone wanted protocols - you are out of luck
Some ladies' protocols are posted in the Russian ladies thread
Kamila's technique on the 3A is the most perfect I've ever seen
I thought for the most part it was fabulous, so I'm not hating just asking a question: Most axels I see, like Rika's and Aliona's, they draw both arms back when they step into it to generate the momentum. Kamila and some other leave their left arm in front and only bring the right one around. Is that just a different technique, or does it make it easier, or what's going on with that?

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Hi everyone! So, are we going to do the live discussion in this thread again?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Trusova's technique on the 3A is horrible, and scary, and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that that is how she injured herself. Kamila's technique on the 3A is the most perfect I've ever seen, she steps out of the arc, lifting at the exact right time (not waiting too long which is what many skaters do). I hope Trusova will hang on this year, and return next year in better health and with a 3A. She seems to be battling growth and puberty issues as well, it is what it is.
They've tried different techniques with Sasha over the years, but none seem to produce a good 3A.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Kamila's technique on the 3A is the most perfect I've ever seen, she steps out of the arc, lifting at the exact right time (not waiting too long which is what many skaters do).

Her 3A hardly has the best technique ever, she spins it off the ice instead of fully stepping up and kicking through. A real top quality 3Axel should have way more height than she gets.