Charlene Guignard & Marco Fabbri | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Charlene Guignard & Marco Fabbri

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I know these videos are awfully late (better late than never!), but I do have vids of Charlène & Marco from CBC television's broadcast of the 2021 Skate Canada International with Tessa Virtue and Kurt Browing as the commentators. (Please note that this is the only GP event which CBC aired this season.)

2021 SCI Rhythm Dance Group 2 Warm-Up Clips (CBC TV 720p) :

2021 SCI RD (CBC TV 720p):

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you for posting, @siberia82 - this is my favourite Free Dance of this season. I'd love to see these two medal at the Olympics, and the Worlds and stay for another Olympic cycle.
You're welcome, I'm glad you like the vids. :) Their Atonement free dance is also my favourite of this season. :love: I have the film on Blu-Ray, and I was moved by how Charlène & Marco expressed the tragic story of Robbie and Cecilia as a gorgeous, emotionally tender figure skating program.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
New video interview with Charlène and Marco (in English), with guest star Molly the chinchilla (who is seriously cute, it's worth a watch just for her antics! Sorry Charlène and Marco, you are of course worth watching too! :laugh: )

A short summary:
- they feel this season has gone well so far, and are sad the GPF was cancelled (but understand why it was necessary).
- they would've been happy to compete in the GPF, even if it was held in April [interview was from before it was fully cancelled], but realise that not everyone would've felt the same.
- they've used the extra time to make some changes to the RD, as they hadn't been getting all their levels and had received some helpful feedback from judges/tech panels at their competitions.
-they're looking forward to the Olys, but think it will be hard with reduced spectators. They really enjoyed the Sochi Olympics because they got to see the other sports and the weather was lovely; whereas in PyeongChang, they had much less spare time and it was really, really cold.
- they're definitely planning to compete next season, but haven't decided yet how many more seasons they will compete. Although a home Olympics would be amazing, it's too far in the future for them to have as a main aim. While they are healthy, competitive and enjoying the sport, they will continue.
- once they've finished competing, they would love to stay in the sport as coaches (they have some experience of this coaching young skaters).

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
So happy to see Charlène and Marco win the bronze, with such a beautiful, emotional performance. I just wish Barbara could've been there with them to celebrate, Marco said at the press conference that it's the first competition in 12 years she hasn't been with them; no wonder Charlène was so emotional after their performance and in their interview afterwards ❤️

Interview here: https://www.raisport.rai.it/video/2...bri-b22612a2-33cb-4cac-a512-df2d9a7c1367.html
I couldn't catch much of what they said (they speak too fast for me to pick it up, and there's no subtitles; I'm too used to the slow speaking on my Italian learners course :laugh:) but it seems they are happy with their performances, and liked the support of the crowd.

Wishing Barbara a speedy recovery, hope that none of the skaters have been affected and hope that she will test negative in time to go to Beijing!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
HUGE congratulations to Charlène and Marco for their 5th place finish today! Their placement ties the second-highest ever placement for Italian ice dancers at the Olympics (with Faiella/Scali who were also 5th), behind only Barbara/Maurizio's result in 2002! :cheer2:

I was readily accepting them to finish 7th after a slightly shaky RD, but they performed the FD really solidly (tied highest BV!) and held their nerve, while other teams made mistakes. In all the press coverage/interviews I've seen/read since, they seem absolutely thrilled, which is the most important thing. From Barbara's brief appearance in this interview, she's clearly really happy and really proud of them too!

They are scheduled to appear in the gala on Sunday, and after that it will be onwards to Worlds! Here's hoping they can have a great result there too, to end the season on an extra high note!

If any of their fans in this thread have been unable to watch Charlène and Marco's performances, I have recordings of them I'm more than happy to share directly, just drop me a message (normally I'd stick them on YouTube, but the Olys are so heavily copyrighted that they just get struck down again :().

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Are G/F staying until 2026? They have such beautiful flow. :)
They're not committing either way just yet. They've said they intend to continue next season definitely, and then will see if they're still enjoying it, are still achieving the results they want and if they still feel healthy before they make a final decision about how much longer they'll continue. :)

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Charlène's sweet thank you message to Barbara:

I love how much Barbara supports them, how happy she always is for them (including gate-crashing this interview to hug them and congratulate them!) and how you can always hear her cheering for them/crashing their skate guards on the boards to encourage them on :laugh: