Charlene Guignard & Marco Fabbri | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Charlene Guignard & Marco Fabbri

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The following is from CBC television's broadcast of Worlds with Kurt Browning and Carol Lane as commentators (no rhythm dances were aired).

2022 Worlds FD Group 4 Warm-Up Clips (CBC TV 720p):

2022 Worlds FD (CBC TV 720p):

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Thank you so much for the videos @siberia82 ! It's always nice to hear different commentary.

I was so pleased for Charlène & Marco that they finished 4th (although a medal would've been even better :laugh:), they've had such a great season, especially the second half: bronze at Europeans, 5th at the Olys and 4th at Worlds! With H/D retiring, that puts them in the top seeded group for next season's GP. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with next season, and can't wait to find out what the RD pattern is too!

For anyone who hasn't seen their RD from Worlds, there's a video floating around on YouTube with Ted Barton commentary (watch it quick, before it get copy-struck down): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8E0rjzSRaM

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for the videos @siberia82 ! It's always nice to hear different commentary.

I was so pleased for Charlène & Marco that they finished 4th (although a medal would've been even better :laugh:), they've had such a great season, especially the second half: bronze at Europeans, 5th at the Olys and 4th at Worlds! With H/D retiring, that puts them in the top seeded group for next season's GP. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with next season, and can't wait to find out what the RD pattern is too!

For anyone who hasn't seen their RD from Worlds, there's a video floating around on YouTube with Ted Barton commentary (watch it quick, before it get copy-struck down): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8E0rjzSRaM

You're welcome. :) I'm also very happy that they've had a stellar season! 🤩 Is it certain that they will compete next season?

The ISU YouTube channel did upload individual video links for their RD and FD.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm also very happy that they've had a stellar season! 🤩 Is it certain that they will compete next season?
As certain as these things can be. They've said they intend to continue in a couple of interviews and in her latest Instagram post, Charlène signs off with "already looking forward to seeing you next season" 😍
They haven't decided yet about going another whole quad, but next season is a definite yes.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
New interview with Charlène and Marco from Ice-Dance.com: https://www.ice-dance.com/site/italys-guignard-fabbri-take-it-one-step-at-a-time/

Before they were being a little more elusive about it, but they have now said officially that they are hoping to target the 2026 Olympics!
The future: are we going to see more of you?

MF: We are definitely going to continue next year and take it step by step. If we keep being in a good shape, we are definitely going to target the Milano-Cortina Olympic Games in Italy in 2026. We don’t want to say anything specific about it though, we will take it one step at a time. We want to end our career with a high, at the max of our abilities and potential. As long as we see results coming through, we are motivated and feel good physically and mentally, there is no reason why we should stop.
There's also some nice discussion of the early years in their partnership, their relationship with coach Barbara Fusar Poli and their feelings on their placements at 2022 Olys/Worlds. They also talk about the difficulties of Barbara's positive test at Europeans and, interestingly, that they were "hoping to get something more" than bronze there.

I'm so looking forward to seeing what they can do next season, and hoping they can climb higher up the ranks and be fully rewarded for their excellent technical and skating skills. Part of me is fearful though that the new ice dance rules are not in their favour (less tech and more choreographic), which coupled with being from a smaller fed and not from the big, favourite ice dance school (I.AM) means they may not necessarily get them the results they have worked so hard for.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
GP assignments are out and Charlène and Marco are back-to-backing at IdF and GP Sheffield. As second seeds, I'm guessing this must've been their choice?

At IdF, their biggest challengers for the top of the podium are FB/S, with a range of teams battling for bronze behind them. It's an interesting field that I look forward to seeing!

In Sheffield, they're facing F/G on home turf. I hope to see Charlène and Marco come out on top in that battle, but it'll be an exciting match-up: the awesome technicians vs the crowd pleasers. I rather hope I'll be able to go along, although I may get some strange looks cheering for the Italians rather than for the home team :laugh:

Fingers crossed (and please don't jinx them skate gods), they are in a good position to make the GPF which will be a home event for them!
As for the rest of the season, I'm guessing they'll debut at Lombardia in mid-September, and then possibly squidge in a second challenger before their GPs kick off, perhaps Finlandia (October 5–9) or Budapest Trophy (October 13–17)?

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
it's not a surprise i don't like the RD, but i'm not going to like any of the RDs, sorry but i can't really stand this kind of music. i still don't know what to make of the FD, of course they're amazing, no dobut.