Coaching cauldron

Finley

Record Breaker
Anonymoose, I find a big difference between publicly inviting someone to a duel and threatening or stalking or actually beating them in the dark. These actions would require two completely different people with very different personalities. So, I think Zheleznikov is no real danger for Plushchenko.
If you're seriously planning to attack someone probably best not to announce it on social media. And a grown man challenging another grown man to a 'duel' on VK over Figure Skating drama is just ridiculous. Also, in my head, the fight played out like this -

Finley

Record Breaker
Like in any social media rant, it is the public finding rudeness hilariuos and applauding it as "funny" that encourages this very rudeness and adds to the rude actions getting more often and even more rude.
Zheleznyakov made a complete idiot out of himself in this situation. The people who find it hilarious (me) are laughing at him, not with him. His employer, Layshev, (who is also pretty ridiculous when he opens his mouth) publicly addressed how inappropriate this was and said he would handle it accordingly.

When Layshev is calling you out it's time to seriously re-evaluate your life choices.

In his apology, Zheleznyakov, acknowledged that his words did not reflect well on him. (Or something like that. Google translate was sketchy.) I would like to think he is mortified by this but that may be giving him too much credit.

If Yana and Plushy were really upset about this would they be stoking the fire by dragging it out after he apologized? I don't think so. They would ignore him. If I thought Plush and his family were genuinely upset about this, or if I thought Jelly was really dangerous, I wouldn't joke about it.