Coaches' Corner | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Coaches' Corner

Amei

Record Breaker
Trankov continues to annoy me He said recently he doesn't watch the lady skaters he only sees the results. If that is accurate then that would annoy me that he would think KV scored too high if he's not even watching her.

Agree, I'm not a fan of people commenting in the press about scoring without actually watching the performance.

Again I don't care if some of the Russian girls score too high all the great ones the last 10 years going back to Yulia and Adelina and all the girls after that mostly TT girls have scored too high at one point or another. Not a big deal. I'm pretty sure Tara and Michelle scores were too high from time to time. And Plushennko and Yagudins scores back in the day we're probably too high from time to time. It is what it is.

Politically backed skaters, skaters that are consistent with difficult content and good reputations usually equals higher scores. I think it was at Sasha Cohen's first senior Nationals Dick Button made a remark after her score came up and she was behind Kwan that "she had to put in time to earn her scores" or something to that effect; annoyed me greatly. Medals aren't supposed to be an accumulation of your sporting career but what you put on the ice at that competition.

As for the separate teams at PA if that's the case I don't like it. that's not good for camaraderie and one thing TT had last year and in previous years camaraderie. The girls pushed each other to be better.

I don't know if the situation was all sunshine and roses with having all the top skaters together like Tutbertize has had the last few years, surely it pushed them but I don't know if it was necessarily a good thing for all involved. I think the separated teams at Plushenko's can be a good thing and a bad thing, a good thing if they have a limited number of top junior and top senior competitors where they can adequately accommodate separation of the top skaters, and not have 1 skater 'losing out' but it certainly will become problematic if they get into a situation like Tutbertize has had the last few years where she had pretty much all of the top skaters, especially if the rumors of Trusova/Kostornaia refusing to have the same coaches and any interaction at all is true.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I know it is a working relationship, but imagine yourself in the place a Shulskaya, a prim, proper, prudent teenage girl:

Looking at your chief trainer, unshaven, looking like a bum, a drug addict hanging on a bench in a park, telling you to open up, search for something? And Plyushchenko quickly glancing at the camera "did you see that, I just offered a piece of advice"

And then expect this to be good and positive PR on the part of a rising commercial establishment seeking new recruits?

Best not publish anything like this at all, what does it add?

This thread is on discussion of training methods, environments. Please give your interpretation for comparison.
Shulskaya is clearly familiar with what he's saying with the way she is reacting. Personally my coach has things he does that seem weird to the majority of people on the rink. His training style is not normal. Something that I have come to realize from being in skating is that if you do things the "normal" way, the best you will ever be is normal, in other words, average.

I also don't believe you fully understand what opening up a chakra means. As Magill said, it's about as common as talking about a cramp that needs to go away with people who practice chakra work. Additionally, "open up, search for something" are words commonly heard in any ice rink. That concept is at the very foundation of creating a performance instead of a soulless program focused only on technical elements. Last time I checked, expression was part of ones PCS.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you for striving for a meaningful discussion with this poster. I believe no matter what Plushenko does he will always see the bad in it.
It is a bit weird, I mean obviously not everything Plushy does is praise worthy, but the atmosphere at the Academy seems generally positive, figure skating is tough to train (all those falls :eek:) so a bit of humour is to be welcomed I think! :)
Two das ago was the day of coaches. This day at AoP
:laugh2: The little cardboard cut out coaches are cracking me up.

Also, cake!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Agree, I'm not a fan of people commenting in the press about scoring without actually watching the performance.

Politically backed skaters, skaters that are consistent with difficult content and good reputations usually equals higher scores. I think it was at Sasha Cohen's first senior Nationals Dick Button made a remark after her score came up and she was behind Kwan that "she had to put in time to earn her scores" or something to that effect; annoyed me greatly. Medals aren't supposed to be an accumulation of your sporting career but what you put on the ice at that competition.

I don't know if the situation was all sunshine and roses with having all the top skaters together like Tutbertize has had the last few years, surely it pushed them but I don't know if it was necessarily a good thing for all involved. I think the separated teams at Plushenko's can be a good thing and a bad thing, a good thing if they have a limited number of top junior and top senior competitors where they can adequately accommodate separation of the top skaters, and not have 1 skater 'losing out' but it certainly will become problematic if they get into a situation like Tutbertize has had the last few years where she had pretty much all of the top skaters, especially if the rumors of Trusova/Kostornaia refusing to have the same coaches and any interaction at all is true.
It's just strange to comment on something such as high scores if you didn't even watch the competition.

Sasha Cohen was the most beautiful skater I've seen in years. She sure had the wow factor especially early in her career. She never became great like Michelle or Tara but watching her skate at her best was thrilling.

Of course it's not all sunshine and Roses at TT with the ladies. But they sure smile a lot and more importantly they sure win a lot.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Javier Fernandez on the beginner coach.
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...henko-smozhet-vospitat-dolgovechnyx-figu.html

"I hope Plushenko will be able to raise long-lived skaters, and not those who disappear in two or three years"

Two-time world champion Fernndez shared his opinion on the coaching prospects of Plushenko .

“It is almost impossible to achieve the results that Plushenko has in his sports career. He's a big legend. At least for me.

When it comes to his coaching prospects, he does a great job. He has put together a team that is working to achieve in the future not just a great result, but incredible heights in Russian figure skating. But this takes time.

What is there now? There is even more competition among children. Evgeny, together with other coaches, gives the children the opportunity to compete, progress and, possibly, become champions in the future.

However, do not forget that a lot also depends on athletes. In any case, Eugene can always consider the option with Spain.

I really hope that he will be able to raise long-lived skaters, and not those who disappear after two or three years. Figure skating, in my opinion, is a story about adult skating. Our sport is lacking that right now, ”Fernandez said.

It seems the beginner coach received an offer from Sapin, too. ;)

eliana

On the Ice
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...henko-smozhet-vospitat-dolgovechnyx-figu.html

"I hope Plushenko will be able to raise long-lived skaters, and not those who disappear in two or three years"

Two-time world champion Fernndez shared his opinion on the coaching prospects of Plushenko .

“It is almost impossible to achieve the results that Plushenko has in his sports career. He's a big legend. At least for me.

When it comes to his coaching prospects, he does a great job. He has put together a team that is working to achieve in the future not just a great result, but incredible heights in Russian figure skating. But this takes time.

What is there now? There is even more competition among children. Evgeny, together with other coaches, gives the children the opportunity to compete, progress and, possibly, become champions in the future.

However, do not forget that a lot also depends on athletes. In any case, Eugene can always consider the option with Spain.

I really hope that he will be able to raise long-lived skaters, and not those who disappear after two or three years. Figure skating, in my opinion, is a story about adult skating. Our sport is lacking that right now, ”Fernandez said.

A professional like Evgheni would be a gift for any country to have him as a coach ... only some Russians believe that Plushy is not able to train ...
Shame on them!

Magill

Record Breaker

Not bad for any beginner coach to be praised by such a legend as Javi :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Fernandez would be most impolite to speak badly about his host in public.

Assuming Zakaryan arranged for Fernandez' participation in the gala, it seems only natural Javier would meet Plyushchenko and perhaps enjoy his hospitality over the weekend.

Speaking of Fernandez and coaching, have his successes led an increase in interest in figure skating in Spain?

For indeed there are commercial opportunities when the sport is properly promoted to the affluent middle classes.

Same with the new head of Sankt Peterburg federation Chopozov proposing a commercial figure skating league, saying he would even gladly accommodate Zagitova. Only his federation has no money of its own for these kinds of ventures ...

And Plyushchenko's Angels already have or are in the stages of beginning, a branch in Sankt Peterburg.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
what's the current situation on the Information War zone, with the hacked and compromised accounts?

and the takeover of Trusova and Kostornaya's fan group accounts, even the downing of a competing Kostornaya account?

and how would Kostornaya like to be addressed a 'Alyonushka' a diminutive used for 3 year olds, by her official fan account?
the other one also has 'Sashenka', a toddler diminutive in regular use

who is behind all this?

Amei

Record Breaker
what's the current situation on the Information War zone, with the hacked and compromised accounts?

and the takeover of Trusova and Kostornaya's fan group accounts, even the downing of a competing Kostornaya account?

and how would Kostornaya like to be addressed a 'Alyonushka' a diminutive used for 3 year olds, by her official fan account?
the other one also has 'Sashenka', a toddler diminutive in regular use

who is behind all this?

Personally I think most of the nicknames that "fans" come up with are weird or downright creepy- nicknames are something that should be reserved for close friends and family not strangers who like their skating.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Daniil Gleikhengauz: “Is there a nutritionist in Tutberidze's team? Yes. Eteri Georgievna "

The choreographer and coach of the group Eteri Tutberidze, Daniil Gleikhengauz told how their group monitors the weight of the skaters.

- Myth about your school: children are weighed twice a day.

- Once. But every day.

- What can change depending on the weighing result?

- The coach's wish to change this weight. But if, for example, you have a weight of 47 kg, and you are told that your height or weight should be 46 and a half for six months, then no one says that tomorrow you need to come and weigh 46 and a half.

They tell you: here you go, seven days is a small problem to lose weight a hundred grams. Without resorting to any prohibited methods.

- In the morning an athlete came, got on the scales, he suddenly had plus 500. How do your actions change in training?

- No way. But five hundred is not yet fatal. Now, if plus one and a half or two, then you simply will not jump. This is already traumatic.

- Plus one and a half or two kilograms from yesterday to today? And what needs to be done for this?

- Only they themselves can answer this question. Most likely the same cake, yes.

- Does your team have a nutritionist?

- Yes. Eteri Georgievna, - said Gleichengauz

macy

Record Breaker

Daniil Gleikhengauz: “Is there a nutritionist in Tutberidze's team? Yes. Eteri Georgievna "

The choreographer and coach of the group Eteri Tutberidze, Daniil Gleikhengauz told how their group monitors the weight of the skaters.

- Myth about your school: children are weighed twice a day.

- Once. But every day.

- What can change depending on the weighing result?

- The coach's wish to change this weight. But if, for example, you have a weight of 47 kg, and you are told that your height or weight should be 46 and a half for six months, then no one says that tomorrow you need to come and weigh 46 and a half.

They tell you: here you go, seven days is a small problem to lose weight a hundred grams. Without resorting to any prohibited methods.

- In the morning an athlete came, got on the scales, he suddenly had plus 500. How do your actions change in training?

- No way. But five hundred is not yet fatal. Now, if plus one and a half or two, then you simply will not jump. This is already traumatic.

- Plus one and a half or two kilograms from yesterday to today? And what needs to be done for this?

- Only they themselves can answer this question. Most likely the same cake, yes.

- Does your team have a nutritionist?

- Yes. Eteri Georgievna, - said Gleichengauz
yikes.