COC cancelled - Italy will host | Page 7 | Golden Skate

COC cancelled - Italy will host

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I've been out of the loop for a few days (spending time in one of my favourite countries - Italy) but this is really good news! I thought the Italians organised a great GPF two years ago, so this seems to be an excellent choice. Wonderful!

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Seeing Turin and Grenoble are less than a 3 hr drive apart
Had those been back to back it would've been phenomenal

Amei

Record Breaker
Agree. But then again, the Finland/China swap was done a lot earlier wasn't it?

Nevertheless - I want to see those Italian girls and boys!!

Based on some semi-lite googling, it was announced in June that Cup of China would not happen in November, and it was before assignments had went out. The ISU would be right to not allow China 'host spots' since China is not hosting an event and give the hosting spots to the actual hosting nation.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-06/13/c_137251769.htm

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Based on some semi-lite googling, it was announced in June that Cup of China would not happen in November, and it was before assignments had went out. The ISU would be right to not allow China 'host spots' since China is not hosting an event and give the hosting spots to the actual hosting nation.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-06/13/c_137251769.htm
That's what I thought. It was a lot earlier. But anyway, host spots should be given to the host I'd say, so it doesn't matter. Italy is the host so there is no question imo.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Sounds like it yes. To bad for especially for the women. I had hoped Lara could get a host spot.
That really makes me furious. For women, for starters, both Gutmann and Tornaghi had better SBs than Hongyi Chen, the highest ranked chinese woman at 56th in 2020.

If the Chinese federation has any decency, they will withdraw their men and women - pronto.

Last edited: