Coronation Ace size for RF3 Pro | Golden Skate

Coronation Ace size for RF3 Pro

annetter

Rinkside
I have got the impression that most recent Risport sizing tables list 9 1/2-inch blades for RF3 Pro size 255 (in previous Risport sizing tables 9 1/2 or 9 3/4 inch blades for boot size 255). I am interested in longer blade length (for balance). I am interested in information to determine whether 9 3/4-inch Coronation Ace blades are also suitable for my Risport RF3 Pro 255 with sole length 9 3/4 inches measured by me.

P.S. I imagine that the possibility of adjusting blades backward (without overhang) might be relevant. I believe I have relatively long toes - I wonder if this might make full-length (sole) blades (Coronation Ace) less (or more) suitable for me than (1/4 inch) shorter blades.

P.S. It is my impression that John Wilson Coronation Ace might be more suitable for me (adult beginner) than MK Professional due to my relatively long toes (spin rocker further back), though I would be interested in longer blades (MK Professional). http://scarletskater.wordpress.com/2017/06/02/blade-profiles

P.S. I am concerned that blade size 9 1/2" that is suitable for (my) RF3 Pro size 255 (sole length 9 3/4" measured by me), according to Risport sizing tables, is suggested in Jackson sizing charts for (ladies) boot size 6 1/2 that is for foot length 9 7/16 ("Suggested blade size is approximately 1/4" shorter than overall sole length."), which is smaller than my feet (measured to be around 9 11/16" to 9 3/4" by me). Based on Jackson sizing tables, I have got the impression that boot size 7 or 7 1/2 might fit me - with suggested blade 9 3/4" and 10", respectively.
I wonder how blade sizes might vary between Risport and Jackson.

P.S. I find access to figure skates fitting difficult, due to absence of (walk-in) shop/store, and (some) blade prices at fitters/(re)sellers in my country significantly higher than elsewhere online.

P.S. I got Coronation Ace 9 1/2 mounted on my RF3 Pro 255 (purchased in 2022) with sole length 9 3/4 - appropriate blade size confirmed by fitter/seller - I have not yet skated on them (as an adult beginner).

Last edited:

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
If you get a blade that is longer than recommended by the boot manufacturer, your foot will not line up correctly over the sweet spot of the blade. This could cause you problems with turns and spins. You should have an experienced skate tech measure your boots in person and determine the correct size needed.

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I have 235 RF3 Pros and 8.75” blades. The chart I have seen shows a 9.5” for a 255 as well. If you’re looking for a longer blade for balance, you may want to talk to your skate tech about blades with longer tails. I dunno what those would be though.

annetter

Rinkside
Hi @annetter . I'm not sure whether you intended to post this link, or whether it was in error. The "conversations" subdirectory indicates it's a link to a direct message/private message. Fortunately, the system blocks general access; so no harm done.
It is a link to a post in response to my post above - I thought the information was relevant/interesting - I thought the response post was publicly available - apologies.