2023 Cyprus National Championships | Golden Skate

2023 Cyprus National Championships

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Cyprus Championships are being held in Zakaki this Saturday.

Name: Cyprus Championships 2023

Date: 6th May 2023

Venue: MyMall, 285 Franklin Roosevelt, Limassol 3150, Cyprus

Announcement: https://csf.org.cy/national_competitions/2023/Cyprus National Competition 2023- Announcement.pdf

Entries / Results Page: TBA

Schedule (All times EET)

Date
Time
Category
Segment
Saturday 6th May 202309:00–11:00Ice DanceRhythm Dance
SeniorShort Programme
JuniorsShort Programme
Advanced NovicesShort Programme
Ice DanceFree Dance
SeniorFree Skate
JuniorsFree Skate
Advanced NovicesFree Skate
Intermediate NovicesFree Skate
Basic NovicesFree Skate
CubsFree Skate
ChicksFree Skate
Adults Figure SkatingFree Skate
BeginnersShow
Awarding Ceremony(for competitors)
Awarding Ceremony(Andreas Georgiades Awards)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Although the entries have not been announced yet (the deadline was only on Wednesday), looking at the provisional schedule in the Announcement PDF does raise some interesting questions.

Firstly, there is no level specified for the Ice Dance. When I first saw that, I wondered if this meant that Angelina and Ilia (and anybody else, if they are entered) are competing at Senior level. But, reading the Technical Data section earlier on in the Announcement PDF, it only gives the details for Junior Ice Dance. So, I guess the level was omitted to save space on the table.

I have been wondering for a while if Nikita Vitryanyuk might end up switching back to Cyprus now that his partnership with Sofía Val for Spain has ended. Although he will be too old for Juniors next season, he is actually still Junior eligible right now. So, might he be having one last Junior competition with a new partner at his home rink? (Hey, it wouldn't be the first time that he has turned up to Cyprus Nationals at the end of the season with a different partner to what he started the season with).

Moving onto the Singles Skating competitions, I assume that, since no genders are specified, there are no boys competing and hence they are all Ladies Singles competitions.

The fact that Senior level is included in the schedule is intriguing. Because Marilena said at the end of Worlds that "the end of the season is here", and that she was now going to be "taking proper time" for her knee injury to heal. So, with her not taking part, does that mean some of the old guard that have aged out of Juniors since they last competed are making a comeback? That would be very exciting!

I take it that the Adult competition has been included to provide a competitive run-out for the two Ladies that are representing Cyprus in the ISU International Adult Competition being held in Oberstdorf in a couple of weeks time. But, it would be a very nice surprise if there are also other Adult skaters competing at Nationals.

One thing that I am finding concerning is that there is only a show for the Beginner skaters. Does that mean that there are not enough skaters to make a competition? Given how many Beginners there were competing in previous editions, this would be very worrying for the future.

The other thing that I am finding concerning is that the provisional schedule is estimating that it will only take 2 hours to get through the whole event. This would indicate that the organisers are not expecting there to be a lot of entries. And if it does turn out that there are not many entires, it would be extremely worrying. Because, even though there have not been too many skaters representing Cyprus at International events, there were always lots of skaters competing at Nationals.

I guess we will find out everything tomorrow!

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Still no sign of any results.

But, I can confirm that Stefania Yakovleva was definitely competing, because I saw a comment from the operators of the rink on her (totally unrelated) most recent Instagram post, where they were asking for her permission to post a video of her performance.

Stefania agreed, but because the answer came late at night (11pm), and it has only just turned 8am, it hasn't been done yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, because I'm sure she will have been great! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now that's a surprise. Marilena was actually taking part! 😲

Here's a clip of her that the operators of the rink have posted on their Instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr7sChIxbW7/

Not sure whether the clip is from her SP or FS, because she is wearing her 2021/22 SP dress. But, she wore that same dress for her SP at this year's Worlds, so it would be fair to guess that it was the SP that she was wearing it at again for Nationals.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Still no sign of any results.

But, I can confirm that Stefania Yakovleva was definitely competing, because I saw a comment from the operators of the rink on her (totally unrelated) most recent Instagram post, where they were asking for her permission to post a video of her performance.

Stefania agreed, but because the answer came late at night (11pm), and it has only just turned 8am, it hasn't been done yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, because I'm sure she will have been great! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Just a wee update to let you know that the operators of the rink uploaded the video they promised of Stefania this morning:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr-nop3trLG/

I have to admit, I don't recognise the dress. So, I don't know which programme the clip in the video is from. Hey, you never know, it could even be a preview of one of her programmes for next season!

As for the results, I'm still checking the CSF website for them regularly throughout the day.

CaroLiza_fan