Dance - Original Dance - Tango | Golden Skate

Dance - Original Dance - Tango

Rosaleen

Medalist
I'm finally here just in time for next group. Sorry about that but had to get the articles done

Rosaleen

Medalist
15 Alexandra ZARETSKI / Roman ZARETSKI ISR
Diag ftwrk is soft & romantic with the music but a little slow / strt lift with her in star pos & him in squat / some nice connecting chor right with music into spin with her in catch foot him in sit change to her in Y / pause at the end of boards for music change and into the midline to the more pronounced beat - looked in almost perfect sync to me / rotation lift right into their closing

Level 4 for all their elements

PB 52.82 TES 28.66 PCS 20.45 Tot 49.11 gr tot 77.96 2nd in OD 2nd overall

Tigger

Final Flight
No worries Rosaleen. You're only one person after all and you're doing an incredable job!! :)

Rosaleen

Medalist
16 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA
Very romantic opening moves in place / into midline as music is building lovely matching twizzles with good speed and flow - right at the end of the footwork not doing anything she fell - not sure if she caught an edge or what / music has picked up temo now for the diag steps (I missed the spin) - they seemed a little messy to me at the end - rot lift into closing pose / a long pause at centre ice as he's trying to comfort her and she's crying - now they take they bows / the lift was her upside down vertical almost doing a one-handed handstand on his boot /

level 4 for all except diag steps lev 3
PB 54.68 TES 26.43 PCS 22.17 Ded 1.00 Tot 47.60 gr tot 76.51 5th in od 3rd overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
17 Nozomi WATANABE / Akiyuki KIDO JPN
Midline to moon river sounding melody - flows with the music and twizzles in sync / yes, it's a tangoized moon river / lift with her vertical resting on his legs is very nice as is the spin / now we have a real tango and the crowd is clapping and their speed has picked up / rot lift with her changing pos /

Level 2 diag steps, lev 3 midline steps, lev 4 rest
PB 51.52 TES 26.28 PCS 20.99 Tot 47.27 gr tot 75.73 6th in od 5th overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
18 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI GER
Her in red front him in black /
Some chor is quite sticatto / midlines twizzles in sync - they did a total of 5 sets of twizzles - no idea which ones were the required ones - the last one he fell out of early / didn't really see the spin with trying to figure out the twizzles / lift with him in spread eagle and her arched back ove the ice / really heavy beat in music now for diag steps - too far apart in the hold and a little slow in the steps / one arm rot lift with her draped over his arm to end the program /

Lev 3 on steps and 4 for everything else
PB 43.53 TES 26.78 PCS 18.61 Tot 45.39 gr tot 70.95 7th in od 7th overalldf

Rosaleen

Medalist
19 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA
Her in geometric red white & black design dress
Nice spin with her in layover camel then layback / midline starts very fast but they're too far apart - got closer towards the end - I think the twizzles were in sync pretty closely / this is quite a lively tango and they're moving quite well / they had a slip in the diag steps / lift with her standing on his thighs / sorry the descriptions are great / wait for the next group 

Lev 3 for midline , lev 4 for the rest
PB 52.88 TES 28.94 PCS 21.16 Ded 1.00 tot 49.10 gr tot 77.69 3rd in od 3rd overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
Are they showing the element levels in Tokyo or are you identifying them?

The touch screen I have shows the levels. I wouldn't even pretend to know enough about the levels in dance to attempt to guess them

Last edited:

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Thank you G-d, your here. Just to show how irriplaceable you are Rosaleen, I tried to start a dance thread and it was not as succesful as yours.

YEAH ZARETSKIS, but they skated much better than G/P and deserve to be above them, but they are eight places higher then last year, so good for them, Good thing they are so young.

Melody

Rinkside
Question

I hope no one minds a quick question. It's late (or is it early?), so my brain isn't working right just yet. Is it the top 24 after OD that get to do their free skate? I am hoping so, otherwise Kaitlyn and Andrew won't make it.

Thanks for confirming.

Melody

Rosaleen

Medalist
20 Marie-France DUBREUIL / Patrice LAUZON CAN
Music: Paya d'Ora her dress is long in back with one sleeve and feathers (nicer than it sounds)
They start eparate and then come together and right waway you get the feeling that as far as they're concerned there's no one else here / misc picks up for midline and so do they / nice sync for 1st half - 1st twizzles great 2nd might have been a tiny bit off (and slow) great lift with her standing on his legs / spin with her in layover camel then layback / diag steps music is more flowing now and so are they complex close holds and smooth now more sticatto with the music - well done in my eyes / fast rot lift with her legs wrapped around his waist changing to her vertical supported only by his outstretch arm /

Level 4 for all
PB 60.99 TES 31.02 PCS 29.52 tot 60.54 gr tot 99.50 1st in od 1st overall

Final Flight
20 Marie-France DUBREUIL / Patrice LAUZON CAN
Music: Paya d'Ora her dress is long in back with one sleeve and feathers (nicer than it sounds)
They start eparate and then come together and right waway you get the feeling that as far as they're concerned there's no one else here / misc picks up for midline and so do they / nice sync for 1st half - 1st twizzles great 2nd might have been a tiny bit off (and slow) great lift with her standing on his legs / spin with her in layover camel then layback / diag steps music is more flowing now and so are they complex close holds and smooth now more sticatto with the music - well done in my eyes / fast rot lift with her legs wrapped around his waist changing to her vertical supported only by his outstretch arm /

Level 4 for all
PB 60.99 TES 31.02 PCS 29.52 tot 60.54 gr tot 99.50 1st in od 1st overall

....scary for the other teams....:no:

Rosaleen

Medalist
21 Albena DENKOVA / Maxim STAVISKI BUL
Her in black semi sheer / 1st though is HOT HOT HOT with their opening moves / midline twizzles were perfect fast and good sync and done without changing feet - rest of seq was excellent / strt lift with him in squat and her extended horiztonal in front of him / sp at far end of ice looked good but I can't remember exactly what they / diag steps are really flowing and curvey with close holds / there's an excitement to this dance / one arm rot lift with her hanging on to him

Level 4 for all except spin lev 3
PB 62.79 TES 32.03 PCS 30.07 Tot 62.10 gr tot 99.52 1st in od 1st overall by a whopping 0.02

Last edited:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Not that scary as the Bulgarians crush them in the OD and overcome their substantial CD lead to take the lead themselves.

Tigger

Final Flight
I'm guessing no deduction for Patrice's bobble on the second twizzle? Didn't see it on the marks on TV a few minutes ago and am wondering.

Both they and Albena and Maxim were wonderful, but Beanie and Max were just that little bit better. They were also loose, whereas I thought Marie-France and Patrice were a touch tight. I have no problem at all w/those placements.