Does EDEA Chorus boot+ Blade Ultima Aspire XP good? | Golden Skate

Does EDEA Chorus boot+ Blade Ultima Aspire XP good?

madameKKK

Spectator
Hello my friends, I have been started staking for 3 months and I have skated around 50hrs. Today I just bought a EDEA boots today , and I bought a cheap blade(Blade Ultima Aspire XP ) for it. I am not sure if it's a too beginner level blade which is not match this boots?

I almost skating every two days , at beginning , the Sales gave me a MK blade which cost more than $400 , I thought why a blade is the same price with boost, I don't want spent much , I could afford it at all, but I don't understand why did I refused the Sales recommendation and asked her to change a chapter one for me ? when I back home ,I thought maybe blade is more important than boots. if I skating for a while and then I change a new one , I will take a long time to get used to it. now , is there anybody could give me a advice for the. blade? I don't understand blade at all before I went to the store , I just did the research after I back home .

I only do skating and crossover and single legs staking for currently , I haven't do spin or jumping yet .

Thank you so much ! Happy New Year!!!!!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hello my friends, I have been started staking for 3 months and I have skated around 50hrs. Today I just bought a EDEA boots today , and I bought a cheap blade(Blade Ultima Aspire XP ) for it. I am not sure if it's a too beginner level blade which is not match this boots?

I almost skating every two days , at beginning , the Sales gave me a MK blade which cost more than $400 , I thought why a blade is the same price with boost, I don't want spent much , I could afford it at all, but I don't understand why did I refused the Sales recommendation and asked her to change a chapter one for me ? when I back home ,I thought maybe blade is more important than boots. if I skating for a while and then I change a new one , I will take a long time to get used to it. now , is there anybody could give me a advice for the. blade? I don't understand blade at all before I went to the store , I just did the research after I back home .

I only do skating and crossover and single legs staking for currently , I haven't do spin or jumping yet .

Thank you so much ! Happy New Year!!!!!
As a beginner, that blade is fine. Did you get fitted professionally and if so is the edea chorus boot recommended b/c that is what fits best for your foot? Or were you just given a boot?

Both boots and blades are important. Boots to support you properly for the level that you are and also based on a few physical stats/needs. Blades to fit your level.

madameKKK

Spectator
As a beginner, that blade is fine. Did you get fitted professionally and if so is the edea chorus boot recommended b/c that is what fits best for your foot? Or were you just given a boot?

Both boots and blades are important. Boots to support you properly for the level that you are and also based on a few physical stats/needs. Blades to fit your level.
Thank you for your reply. I got EDEA boots from professional skating store, I believe that they installed the blade very well. they just asked me which kind of Sharping do I need? I never had been asked this question before in other sharing places. I told the worker I am kind of beginner ( I have been started skating for 3 months and I practice every two days, more frequent than other beginners ). They said 20 sharping is good. I didn't know what's the meaning of 20, I guess this number decide how fast I will be on the ice ? I am not sure, do you know that ? I went to try my new blade this morning , I felt the speed is not fast and is slow, maybe it's new shoes and new blade, I need to take more time to get used to it. anyway, my level is even getting medium , I guess I can use a while for this blade, if I just change blade in the future will it will influence the stability the whole thing ? because a lot of people if they changed their blades ,they usually change the boots together .

scottie99

Rinkside
Typically you'd rarely see a chorus with such a low-level blade, BUT that doesn't mean it's not possible. I think the blade matches your skating level perfectly. The Edea Chorus boots are intermediate-level boot (up to double jumps), so that's why you wouldn't usually see them paired, however, if the boot is what you are comfortable in, then I don't see a problem with the combo you are using.

To answer your other questions, both the boot and the blade are equally important. The chorus boot should last you a long time, but I recommend you get a new blade once you start seriously jumping and spinning. I think a good landmark would be once you start working on toe loops and scratch spins, you should think about upgrading your blade for better rockers and toe picks. If you want to stick with Jackson, I would recommend the Prodige XP or even the Legacy 8. Other blades you can look at are the Coronation Ace or the MK professional. For now, though, I think your blade suits your level and the Chorus should last you into your next set of blades or two.