Elisabetta Leccardi & Mattia Dalla Torre | Golden Skate

Elisabetta Leccardi & Mattia Dalla Torre

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Elisabetta LECCARDI and Mattia DALLA TORRE are Ice Dancers who represent 🇮🇹 Italy.

Elisabetta Leccardi was born on 26th November 2001 in Segrate, Lombardy, 🇮🇹 Italy.

Mattia dalla Torre was born on 29th September 1996 in Borgo Valsugana, Trentino, 🇮🇹 Italy.

More to follow after Nationals.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mattia DALLA TORRE is a Men's Singles skater who represents 🇮🇹 Italy. He was born on 29th September 1996 in Borgo Valsugana, Trentino, 🇮🇹 Italy.

More to follow after Nationals.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Elisabetta and Mattia will be making their competitive debut in Ice Dance this weekend in the Italian Championships.

The Senior Short Dance is due to start today at 13:00:00 CET (12:00:00 GMT). So 6 hours from now.

Elisabetta and Mattia will be the 3rd partnership to start. So, third and last partnership to go.

They are due to start at 13:16:50 CET (12:16:50 GMT). So 6h 16m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before them withdraws.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NHZNgybQnA

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5589/Dance_RD_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5589/SEG009.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm back to you a lot sooner than I expected, because I didn't realise that the Free Dance was TONIGHT!!! :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

Two segments on the same day. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Italian Championships Short Dance: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞 (Of course there hasn't! It's barely more than finished!)

Elisabetta and Mattia finished 3rd out of 3 in the SD, with a score of 55.31.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread at the time:

For two newbies to Ice Dance, they were really good.

Some synchronicity issues in the Twizzles, but otherwise I didn't spot anything major.

Have to be honest, I wasn't keen on the music choices. Although I like Rihanna and Lady Gaga, I wouldn't have thought of putting "Shine Bright Like A Diamond" and "Born This Way" together. And I just plain didn't like the instrumental at the start.

But, my baby girl really did shine bright like a diamond. :love: And Mattia wasn't bad either! ;) :biggrin:

Of course, I realise that they'll go into third. The other two partnerships are far too experienced. But, it is the score that will be interesting.

They're taking a long time.

:cheer: WELL DONE ELISABETTA AND MATTIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Followed by:

9.1 points behind Carolina and Francesco. Not bad for a couple of raw rookies.

Time for dinner, and then back for the Juniors.

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the protocols, it was actually the Midnight Blues sequence that was the problem. They only hit one of the four keypoints, and they got minus GOE on it. In terms of the judges, two of them gave -1, while the others gave 0.

They also got a deduction for their Rotational Lift being extended.

All in all, I was very impressed with how they got on. From just watching them, you wouldn't have known that this was their first Ice Dance competition.

As I said, Elisabetta and Mattia are currently 9.10 points behind 2nd position, Carolina MOSCHENI / Francesco FIORETTI (Icelab). They are also 33.93 points behind the leaders, Charlène GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI (Fiamme Azzurre). So, all things being equal, there are not going to be any changes of position.

But, we all knew what the order was going to be before skating even started. So, the focus for the skaters was always going to be on the actual scores. And for a partnership in their first competition, I would say that they have not disgraced themselves at all in the Short Dance.

So, more of the same in the Free Dance, please!

:cheer: WELL DONE!! :cheer:

The Free Dance is due to start at 18:55:00 CET (17:55:00 GMT). So 6 hours from now.

Elisabetta and Mattia will be the 1st partnership to start.

They are due to start at 19:00:30 CET (18:00:30 GMT). So 6h 5m from now.

XXXX [Link to be added if a livestream comes on air]

https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5589/Dance_FD_TimeSchedule.pdf

https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5589/SEG010.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Italian Championships Senior Free Dance: Results; Protocols
Italian Championships Senior Ice Dance: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Elisabetta and Mattia finished 3rd out of 3 in the FD, with a score of 87.88. This meant that they remained in 3rd place overall, with a score of 143.19.

Unfortunately, the Free Dance was not broadcast. So, the only things I know about their programme are from the protocols.

Everything they did had positive GOE. And all the judges gave them positive or neutral marks on all their elements, except Judge 1, who gave them -1 for their Mid-line Step sequence.

Other than that, there's not much I can say.

Elisabetta and Mattia finished the Free Dance 6.81 points behind 2nd position, Carolina MOSCHENI / Francesco FIORETTI (Icelab), and 44.39 points behind the winners, Charlène GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI (Fiamme Azzurre). Overall, they finished 15.91 points behind 2nd position, Moscheni / Fioretti, and 78.32 points behind the winners, Guignard / Fabbri.

Although these are big numbers, you have to put it into context. Guignard / Fabbri are one of the top Ice Dance partnerships in the world. Nobody was ever going to get near them. Although this is only their second season skating together, Moscheni / Fioretti are both very experienced Ice Dancers. So, for a brand new partnership in their first competition to be within 16 points of them is actually very impressive.

A very good start for what looks like a promising partnership.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We have now reached Day 5 of the Bavarian Open, which means that it is the day that all the Ice Dance competitions start.

The Senior Short Dance is due to start at 19:15:00 CET (18:15:00 GMT). So 12 hours from now.

Elisabetta and Mattia will be the 9th and final partnership to start. So, fifth partnership in Group 2.

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:43:10 CET (18:43:10 GMT). So 12h 28m from now.

Elisabetta and Mattia are due to start at 20:11:20 CET (19:11:20 GMT). So 12h 56m from now.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x871rhf

http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2022/BO2022_SeniorIceDance_RD_TimeSchedule.pdf

http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2022/SEG007.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Bavarian Open Senior Short Dance: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Elisabetta and Mattia finished 7th out of 8 in the SD, with a score of 59.49.

I wasn't able to watch the Senior Dancers LIVE last night, and I haven't been able to get back to it this morning yet. But, I will try to get the Short watched before the Free, and will edit in my assessment of Elisabetta and Mattia's programme once I finish the segment (they were the last to skate, remember).

Although they are in penultimate position, that is not a fair reflection of how they skated. I actually thought they skated very well, and couldn't see anything wrong with it. And on the whole, neither did the judges. Apart from Judge 6 giving them -1 on reach of their last 3 elements, all the judges marks were either neutral or positive, ranging from 0 to +3.

I wasn't sure what to make of their body language after they finished their programme. Mattia looked serious, while Elisabetta looked like she was sore or exhausted or something. And they remained like that for most of the rest of the time we saw them. Admittedly, they did smile and wave when they realised that the camera was back on them after showing the highlights. And Elisabetta did a phone gesture with her hand (erm, I know she's new to Ice Dance, but I take it she does realise that the scores are decided by the judges, and not by a public vote). But, they very quickly went back to their previous expressions.

When the scores were announced, Elisabetta in particular looked very confused when they saw that there was a 1 point deduction. And I don't blame her. They didn't fall or run over or anything, so I was confused too. But, when I looked at the protocols, it turned out that the deduction was for an extended lift. Elisabetta and Mattia are both brand new to Ice Dance, and are not used to things like this, where you have to do certain elements within a set time.They will get used to that as they get more experienced, and eventually they will know instinctively when the time is up. But in the meantime, they will have to be careful.

They are currently lying 1.23 points behind 6th position, Natacha LAGOUGE / Arnaud CAFFA (FRA), and 1.88 points ahead of 8th position, Viktoriia LOPUSOVA / Asaf KAZIMOV (DEU). These three partnerships are actually part of a very tight group that stretches all the way up to 4th position, Lara LUFT / Maximilian PFISTERER (ISR), who are just 2.21 points ahead of Elisabetta and Mattia.

In fact, only the leaders after the SD, Jennifer JANSE VAN RENSBURG / Benjamin STEFFAN (DEU), are out of reach (they are 8.12 ahead of 2nd position, and 14.12 points ahead of Elisabetta and Mattia). The two French partnerships that are in second and third after the Short Dance are both within 6 points of Elisabetta and Mattia. Marie DUPAYAGE / Thomas NABAIS in 2nd are 6.00 points ahead, and Lou TERREAUX / Noe PERRON in 3rd are 5.99 points ahead.

So, if things go their way in the Free Dance, it could turn out to be a very successful international debut for Elisabetta and Mattia!

The Senior Free Dance is due to start at 14:45:00 CET (13:45:00 GMT). So 5 hours from now.

Elisabetta and Mattia will be the second partnership to start.

They are due to start at 14:57:30 CET (13:57:30 GMT). So 5h 12m from now.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x871rhf

http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2022/BO2022_SeniorIceDance_FD_TimeSchedule.pdf

http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2022/SEG008.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Bavarian Open Senior Free Dance: Results; Protocols
Bavarian Open Senior Ice Dance: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Elisabetta and Mattia finished 6th out of 8 in the FD, with a score of 93.63. This meant that they remained in th place overall, with a score of 153.12.

My assessment of their Free Dance is actually the same as their Short Dance. Faultless. Judge 2 gave them -1 for their Choreographed Spiral, but that was the only minus to be seen on their protocols. And it should be noted that this was the same Judge that gave them minuses in the Short Dance. But, generally speaking, apart from him the judges were impressed. One of them, Judge 5, even gave +2 or +3 on all their elements!

Again, Elisabetta looked a bit exhausted immediately after they finished, but not as much as the day before. They seemed a lot happier when waiting for their scores. We got double waves from both of them, and Elisabetta did the phone gesture again (this must be a signature gesture of her's that I hadn't picked up on before). They did look worried when the announcer started talking, but they were happy with what she said! Mattia was clearly delighted, while Elisabetta looked surprised at first and then happy.

Elisabetta and Mattia finished the Free Dance 5.94 points behind 5th position, Natacha LAGOUGE / Arnaud CAFFA (FRA), and 0.86 points ahead of 7th position, Shira ICHILOV / Vladimir BYELIKOV (ISR). Overall, they finished 1.35 points behind 6th position, Ichilov / Byelikov, and 7.02 points ahead of 8th position, Viktoriia LOPUSOVA / Asaf KAZIMOV (DEU). Who, I would like to add, had one of the best reactions I have seen in a long time when their FD scores were announced. They were absolutely delighted!

After seeing both of their programmes, I have high hopes for these two. They have taken to Ice Dance like ducks to water. And I honestly think it will not be long until they overtake Moscheni / Fioretti to be the top Italian Ice Dance team (once Guignard / Fabbri retire, of course).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Does anyone know who they are being coached by?

I'm afraid I don't. I'm no good at identifying coaches at the best of times, but it is next to impossible when they are wearing masks.

Elisabetta and Mattia are back in action this weekend at the Egna Ice Dance Trophy.

The Senior Short Dance is due to start at 16:10:00 CET (15:10:00 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

Elisabetta and Mattia will be the 7th partnership to start. So, third partnership in Group 2 (and penultimate partnership before the resurfacing).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 16:38:50 CET (15:38:50 GMT). So 9h 28m from now.

Elisabetta and Mattia are due to start at 16:56:00 CET (15:56:00 GMT). So 9h 46m from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtRIDLMSA7M

https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5601/Senior_RD_TimeSchedule.pdf

https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5601/SEG001.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Egna Ice Dance Trophy Senior Short Dance: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Elisabetta and Mattia finished 9th out of 11 in the SD, with a score of 61.25.

Absolutely brilliant!!! :bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

I said it after both of their programmes at the Bavarian Open, and I'll say it again now. To my un-trained eyes, that was faultless.

It's hard to believe that this is just their third competition in Ice Dance, having both been in Singles up to last season. You would think they had been at this for years. They look like old pros!

Elisabetta and Mattia are going to go far. That is for sure.

Into 4th with their best SP score yet of 61.25. And with 5 partnerships to go, they are just 2.92 points off the current leaders, the NOSOVITSKY twins (ISR).

They are delighted. And so they should be!

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the protocols, it was now quite as faultless as I thought. There were more minus marks from the Judges than in Oberstdorf, and the range of marks was lower, from -1 to +2. They also got minus GOE on their Midnight Blues sequence, although it was only -0.40.

Like in Oberstdorf, they got a 1 point deduction for an extended lift. Unlike in Oberstdorf, this time the Protocols indicated which element it happened on - it was the Rotational Lift. One of the Judges also called them for a violation of choreographic restrictions. But, thankfully, none of the others did, so there was no majority.

As I said after their Oberstdorf SP, these are the sort of things that happen when you are brand new to Ice Dance. As they get more experienced, they will start to instinctively know when is the time to end the lift, and what not to do in their choreography if they want to avoid getting called for violations.

They are currently lying 0.54 points behind 8th position, Victoriia LOPUSOVA / Asaf KAZIMOV (DEU), and 0.47 points ahead of 10th position, Ekaterina MIRONOVA / Evgenii USTENKO (RUS). If you take away the partnerships in 1st and 11th, the rest of the field is covered by just 5.33 points. Carolina MOSCHENI / Francesco FIORETTI (ITA) in 2nd position are only 4.86 points ahead of Elisabetta and Mattia.

So, all is to play for in the Free Dance! It is going to be VERY exciting!

The Senior Free Dance is due to start at 11:45:00 CET (12:45:00 GMT). So 7 hours from now.

Elisabetta and Mattia will be the third partnership to start. So, last partnership to go in Group 1

They are due to start at 12:06:30 CET (12:06:30 GMT). So 7h 21m from now.

XXXX [Link to be edited in when it becomes available]

https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5601/Junior_FD_TimeSchedule.pdf

https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5601/SEG002.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Egna Ice Dance Trophy Senior Free Dance: Results; Protocols
Egna Ice Dance Trophy Senior Ice Dance: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Elisabetta and Mattia finished 8th out of 11 in the FD, with a score of 89.87. This meant that they climbed to 8th place overall, with a score of 151.12.

So as to get some extra income in after all the disruption of the past couple of years, the club is selling videos from the event. Unfortunately for us, that means that we were not able to pause or re-wind the stream while it was being broadcast, and the livestream was made private as soon as it finished broadcasting.

As a result of this, I had to write as much as possible immediately after they finished, before I started to forget things. Because I knew that I wouldn't be able to go back and re-watch the programme with the protocols open when I came to write this report.

Elisabetta and Mattia got badly out of sync in the Twizzles. But, apart from that, it was absolutely brilliant!!!

I am seriously running out of superlatives for these two. To be so good so early into their Ice Dance careers.

Let's hope they don't get caught out by any technicalities today, such as exceeding time limits for lifts.

Awww. Elisabetta looks so nervous waiting for the scores. Mattia just has a neutral expression.

And they did get a deduction. Well, they're still new to this. It'll become second nature as they get more experienced.

89.87 points in the FS, which brings them up to 151.12 points overall. Not quite what they scored in Oberstdorf, but not far off it.

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the protocols, I was surprised to find that they did not get hammered on the Twizzles. Two judges gave them 0, while three judges gave them +1. Only Judge 4 gave them -1. And this was the only minus mark they got from the judges in the entire programme!

As I expected, the deduction was for a time violation. Although, it didn't specify specifically what for.

Elisabetta and Mattia finished the Free Dance 0.04 points behind 7th position, Sofia Maria PUCHEROVÁ / Nikita LYSAK (SVK), and 2.41 points ahead of 9th position, Victoriia LOPUSOVA / Asaf KAZIMOV (DEU). Overall, they finished 3.85 points behind 7th position, Pucherová / Lysak, and 1.87 points ahead of 9th position, Lopusova / Kazimov.

Up until the final group, the only changes from the SD order were Leccardi / dalla Torre going up 1 position, and Pucherová / Lysak dropping 2 positions. So, whilst the scores in teh FS and overall look like Elisabetta and Mattia could possibly have got a position higher, it was not a realistic prospect.

As I said at the time, I am running out of superlatives. Every time I see Elisabetta and Mattia, I am so impressed with what they produce. And the best of it is that they will only get better as they get more experienced.

CaroLiza_fan