Elizabet Tursynbayeva injured | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Elizabet Tursynbayeva injured

Fluture

Record Breaker
A week ago fans said that Elizabet posted on one of her social medias that she can't feel her legs

:shocked: That sounds scary. I still hope it's nothing too serious and they find a treatment soon. I wonder what kind of injury this is that it takes two weeks to find a proper treatment. Is this often the case for athletes? Poor Elizabet.

Maagii

Rinkside
If she cant feel her legs, I think it might be something to do with her back and nerves in the spine. I could be wrong tho. Just my guess. Wish her a speedy recovery.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I recall that Alissa Czisny towards the end of her final competitive season had some really weird competitions where she seemed to have lost her jumps. Later in the summer she was diagnosed with a hip injury that required surgery. She said she felt no pain when she was competing, but she obviously wasn't in control of her legs.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Praying for a full recovery ASAP. :pray:

Not being able to feel her legs could be really, really serious. If she said something like that on social media, it would have been in Russian, right? Maybe it's best to wait until something official comes out and not to scare people with secondhand social media rumors that could have translation errors if they ever existed at all? :cry:

SkateSkates

Medalist
A team tutberidze fan account posted a screenshot of a conversation with Elizabet where she said it was a back injury. If you want to wait for official statements you can but it was her real profile responding.

I think the “I can’t feel my legs” was taken out of context. That was a short snippet from the 1tv feature on team tutberidze summer training at novogorsk and I think it was more like “I’ve been on the ice so long I can’t feel my feet”

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
A team tutberidze fan account posted a screenshot of a conversation with Elizabet where she said it was a back injury. If you want to wait for official statements you can but it was her real profile responding.

I think the “I can’t feel my legs” was taken out of context. That was a short snippet from the 1tv feature on team tutberidze summer training at novogorsk and I think it was more like “I’ve been on the ice so long I can’t feel my feet”

By official, I meant anything directly from Elizabet or anyone in direct contact with her, not necessarily the Kazakh fed or anything. Just not something someone heard instead of actually saw first-hand.

I hope that's the case about it being out of context.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It seems Elisabet's mother has a certain sense of drama or grandeur.

Indeed it is best to wait for official confirmation and to our relief that treatment has been found.

Apart from hip displacement, are spinal injuries i.e. vertebral disc injuries common in skaters? Their hips, pelvises and spines take a lot of pounding.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Apart from hip displacement, are spinal injuries i.e. vertebral disc injuries common in skaters? Their hips, pelvises and spines take a lot of pounding.

Lower back injuries (nerve, not muscular) are not uncommon among elite skaters. Yuna Kim, Sasha Cohen, and most notably Evgeny Plushenko (who needed multiple surgeries) are some of the top names who struggled with these. Basically, anything from the waist down can be susceptible to injury in skating.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
First this is all so speculative and cryptic. I will wait for more clearer information. Still, we have no idea what the injury is, what the extent of the injury is. and is there no treatment or is it she doesn't like the treatment opportunities or options given to her so far. I think she is training in Russia and I am sure they have good medical professionals it may be more of a situation not the treatment she wants or fast enough. Regardless I wish her well. I hope it isn't a sign of the times with the huge push for triple axels and quads for ladies.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adding my well wishes to this skater. So sad to see this happen at the beginning of the season. Here's hoping for a quick recovery!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Wishing Elizabet good luck in finding a suitable treatment soon, and a full and quick recovery!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh no, poor Lil'Bet! I hope she heals quickly :( and that it's not too serious.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Per Lil Bet herself, she pulled her back. They understand that It's figure skating so injuries to the back are not uncommon but it is still devastating.

They are exploring all possible options/approach how to manage/treat the injury.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Her father thanks everyone for kind messages:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B185VWBAqIE/

He says there are some chronic injuries, you never know when and how they will reappear. Even during last season Elizabeth had 2 serious injuries but they overcame them successfully.
Unfortunately, at this stage she is in need of treatment, doctors promise a positive outcome, but it will take time. Thus they lowered the intensity of training.

New FS to Piano Concerto 2, Rachmaninoff

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Her father thanks everyone for kind messages:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B185VWBAqIE/

He says there are some chronic injuries, you never know when and how they will reappear. Even during last season Elizabeth had 2 serious injuries but they overcame them successfully.
Unfortunately, at thisstage she is in need of treatment, doctors promise a positive outcome, but it will take time. Thus they lowered the intensity of training.

New FS to Piano Concerto 2, Rachmaninoff

Thanks. Glad to hear it is no fracture. But chronic s back injuries can be as devastating to an athlete's career. Let's hope for the best. No time indication given, which is probably for the best. Good to hear Mr. Tursynbayev is in good contact with the Kyzyl region administration.

By the way, here are Elisabet's Knowledge Day pictures (from her mom's facebook, Elisabet was absent but got her picture pointed out by the school director I suppose): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...74305070104597/Screenshot_20190902_162111.jpg