Euros 2022: Gala Exhibition | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Euros 2022: Gala Exhibition

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know I haven't seen many Galas this season, but that was the best Finale I have seen in a very long time!

This is why it is best to have the competitions finish the day before the Gala. Because it gives the skaters time to put together a proper Finale routine.

CaroLiza_fan

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Okay, got into the gala right on Anna’s enlightened skate.

But now I want Smart-Dias to win Olympic medal. Or world medal. I am dangerously attached.

And Deniss is going to carry that charge on! I can just see it. 🙌 at least Mozalev couldn’t have ever lost to a more deserving guy.

Great gala…. But you know what‘s even better? Two galas! B/c NBC is finally showing the one from US Nats in the afternoon!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Could you post a screenshot for those of us not on Instagram please?
I've tried of course, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to paste a screenshot here. No idea why, it might be my technical inability.
I don't think you need to be on IG to see it, just google F.U.N. sector, you might be able to see the post. Sorry for not being able to help.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Could you post a screenshot for those of us not on Instagram please?
Screenshot_20220118-204629.png
Not sure if you found the list, but if not here it is - just click to see full-size.

Anyway I'm finally catching up on the Gala now. Time zones, man... Plus I'm back at work so I actually have to go to bed at a decent hour now 😝

Eva-Lotta, nice to see her in good spirits, I think I heard she's going to the Olympics? Great news for her!

Zhenya S - He looks like he's heading to the disco after this! Nice hydroblade, has he ever used it in program? I totally can't remember....

Wow Sasha came out early! Wonder Woman is a great program for her.

Evgenia and Geoffrey were fun, where did they source those old-timey cardigans?

:laugh2: Heck yeah that escalated quickly! :rock:

Ha ha the ending. I love this pair.

I wonder will P/C go to Worlds? Or do Evgenia and Geoffrey have a chance? (Have they already gone last season? I forget this stuff!)

Rina! 🥰 Love the dress and that was an interesting exhibition, you go, girl!

Ooo love Dima's costume! He looks super dapper indeed!

I always wonder was Marilyn Monroe super drunk when she sang to Kennedy or was that just a stylistic choice? 🤔

Sasha B looks really nice in that shade of pink :)

This program is so random though! They're enjoying it so go, guys!

Andrei Mozalev! There's a lot of spread eagles in this Gala so far. :) Andrei's in the zone though, what great jumps and spins :)

Katya K - Wonder Woman Part II Both forgot the Golden Lasso of Truth though!

More hydroblading! And just general rocking out :rock: The sunshine smile returns at the end 🌞

OMG...is Arlet wearing a shirt with flamingoes on it?! He is! Fashion icon, right here! Is this song about flamingoes, I'm thinking no 😉

Aw look at his happy face 🥰 what a fun lad! Glad he had a great competition.

Hmm the run list said there was supposed to be the Estonian ice dancers, wonder where they got to.

Intermission - with replays of the winning skates, alas I have to skip over those because as I said I have to go to bed earlier now I'm at work.

Onto the second half! 🎺

We open with Niina - I wonder if she gets the Worlds spot? Guess it depends how Eva-Lotta goes in the Olympics.

Wow Niina looks totally different! And skating to a Christmas song? Interesting!

I love it when the ice is new and smooth and you can see all the blade tracings 🥰

Ha ha Simon is a fan of the Sia song, I am amused.

Diana and Gleb - someone mentioned enjoying Simon's pronouciation of Smolkin, I agree, it's like he's channelling the Mask!

I quite like this program! Because why wouldn't you want to be a cat ;)

Moris K - Pure entertainment! I wonder how long it takes to put on all that blue and get it off! It's cute that Kamila gets to come out with the lamp.

"Finesr exhibitionist in the world" sounds really funny out of context, Simon.

So I'm re-watching this on the SBS website and they're putting ads in the weirdest places...like here with Moris! But here he is!

I can't believe you didn't notice the blue make up at first @CaroLiza_fan :laugh2:

The worm makes an appearance!

I do hope he has a good Olympics :biggrin:

T/M! Yaaaay! Faves :cheer: That red dress is so lovely. Although I certainly wouldn't have left Vovan off the wooden door at the end ;)

I've just realised...Simon can stay silent... wonder why he didn't do that during the actual event.

Bravo, though! Bravo! Beautiful!

Anna - Not sure about the feathers on the waist but nice sleeves.

Team Russia still hasn't tracked down Simon and given him pronouciation lessons though I see.

Oooo light up feature! Nice.

Although this doesn't sound like any version of Ava Maria I know.

Anna's Simon's favourite I think!

Somebody wake @anonymoose_au up! This is right up her street!

CaroLiza_fan
Ha ha I assume you mean Olivia and Adrian? I love a good fun Gala program and you can't miss someone in a fluro costume ;)

Ha ha Adrian is awesome. What kind of slide is that, wow!

Energy for miles man :laugh: Take the Olympics by storm guys!

Deniss! Is he wearing a see-through back on his top? Probably not a sin though ;)

Yeeeeah Deniss spin!

Did someone toss a book on the ice for him?!

Ivan and Sasha - Looking very casual Ivan! Sasha looks amazing as always though.

Wow now that's a lift entry!!

Loena - This costume is awesome! Love the red sparkle detail!

She's looking really strong :)

Nastya and Sasha G - This is an awesome exhibition program, Rock star Sasha is always appreciated. And I love that poster, so cute. And so is Nastya is her oversized jumper.

So much fun!! I wonder do they get a new poster everytime? If not what paper are they using?

Mark! 🥰 This program totally befits a artsy fellow such as him. Also is that a Glokenspeil?

I do feel like I should write an essay about the performance art shown here. ;)

Nikita and Vika -
But, getting back to Nikita, I don't know how anybody can skate in jeans. Surely they are too stiff and restrict your movement too much.
I guess they're old ones or relaxed fit...either way I respect him for not wearing jeggings, those are scary :p

:clap: I love these guys, they always look like they're having fun!

Kamila - Interesting music choice, I've never actually seen Avatar, but I know it's blue related.

Finale! Let's see if everyone learnt the choreo and if Moris is still blue.

That's not Skyfall, Simon.

It looks like everyone's doing they're own choreo which is one way to avoid awkward out of time dancing :laugh:

Cameraman is very confused though!

Aha there's Moris! And yep still blue.

This is really random... why Bond?

And Moris isn't Aladdin Simon, LOL.

But as Finales go this one was pretty interesting!

On that note though, I better be off! I still have to do my leg exercises before I hit the hay.

"We are the champions."

LadyB

Record Breaker
View attachment 4860
Not sure if you found the list, but if not here it is - just click to see full-size.

Anyway I'm finally catching up on the Gala now. Time zones, man... Plus I'm back at work so I actually have to go to bed at a decent hour now 😝

Eva-Lotta, nice to see her in good spirits, I think I heard she's going to the Olympics? Great news for her!

Zhenya S - He looks like he's heading to the disco after this! Nice hydroblade, has he ever used it in program? I totally can't remember....

Wow Sasha came out early! Wonder Woman is a great program for her.

Evgenia and Geoffrey were fun, where did they source those old-timey cardigans?

:laugh2: Heck yeah that escalated quickly! :rock:

Ha ha the ending. I love this pair.

I wonder will P/C go to Worlds? Or do Evgenia and Geoffrey have a chance? (Have they already gone last season? I forget this stuff!)

Rina! 🥰 Love the dress and that was an interesting exhibition, you go, girl!

Ooo love Dima's costume! He looks super dapper indeed!

I always wonder was Marilyn Monroe super drunk when she sang to Kennedy or was that just a stylistic choice? 🤔

Sasha B looks really nice in that shade of pink :)

This program is so random though! They're enjoying it so go, guys!

Andrei Mozalev! There's a lot of spread eagles in this Gala so far. :) Andrei's in the zone though, what great jumps and spins :)

Katya K - Wonder Woman Part II Both forgot the Golden Lasso of Truth though!

More hydroblading! And just general rocking out :rock: The sunshine smile returns at the end 🌞

OMG...is Arlet wearing a shirt with flamingoes on it?! He is! Fashion icon, right here! Is this song about flamingoes, I'm thinking no 😉

Aw look at his happy face 🥰 what a fun lad! Glad he had a great competition.

Hmm the run list said there was supposed to be the Estonian ice dancers, wonder where they got to.

Intermission - with replays of the winning skates, alas I have to skip over those because as I said I have to go to bed earlier now I'm at work.

Onto the second half! 🎺

We open with Niina - I wonder if she gets the Worlds spot? Guess it depends how Eva-Lotta goes in the Olympics.

Wow Niina looks totally different! And skating to a Christmas song? Interesting!

I love it when the ice is new and smooth and you can see all the blade tracings 🥰

Ha ha Simon is a fan of the Sia song, I am amused.

Diana and Gleb - someone mentioned enjoying Simon's pronouciation of Smolkin, I agree, it's like he's channelling the Mask!

I quite like this program! Because why wouldn't you want to be a cat ;)

Moris K - Pure entertainment! I wonder how long it takes to put on all that blue and get it off! It's cute that Kamila gets to come out with the lamp.

"Finesr exhibitionist in the world" sounds really funny out of context, Simon.

So I'm re-watching this on the SBS website and they're putting ads in the weirdest places...like here with Moris! But here he is!

I can't believe you didn't notice the blue make up at first @CaroLiza_fan :laugh2:

The worm makes an appearance!

I do hope he has a good Olympics :biggrin:

T/M! Yaaaay! Faves :cheer: That red dress is so lovely. Although I certainly wouldn't have left Vovan off the wooden door at the end ;)

I've just realised...Simon can stay silent... wonder why he didn't do that during the actual event.

Bravo, though! Bravo! Beautiful!

Anna - Not sure about the feathers on the waist but nice sleeves.

Team Russia still hasn't tracked down Simon and given him pronouciation lessons though I see.

Oooo light up feature! Nice.

Although this doesn't sound like any version of Ava Maria I know.

Anna's Simon's favourite I think!

Ha ha I assume you mean Olivia and Adrian? I love a good fun Gala program and you can't miss someone in a fluro costume ;)

Ha ha Adrian is awesome. What kind of slide is that, wow!

Energy for miles man :laugh: Take the Olympics by storm guys!

Deniss! Is he wearing a see-through back on his top? Probably not a sin though ;)

Yeeeeah Deniss spin!

Did someone toss a book on the ice for him?!

Ivan and Sasha - Looking very casual Ivan! Sasha looks amazing as always though.

Wow now that's a lift entry!!

Loena - This costume is awesome! Love the red sparkle detail!

She's looking really strong :)

Nastya and Sasha G - This is an awesome exhibition program, Rock star Sasha is always appreciated. And I love that poster, so cute. And so is Nastya is her oversized jumper.

So much fun!! I wonder do they get a new poster everytime? If not what paper are they using?

Mark! 🥰 This program totally befits a artsy fellow such as him. Also is that a Glokenspeil?

I do feel like I should write an essay about the performance art shown here. ;)

Nikita and Vika -

I guess they're old ones or relaxed fit...either way I respect him for not wearing jeggings, those are scary :p

:clap: I love these guys, they always look like they're having fun!

Kamila - Interesting music choice, I've never actually seen Avatar, but I know it's blue related.

Finale! Let's see if everyone learnt the choreo and if Moris is still blue.

That's not Skyfall, Simon.

It looks like everyone's doing they're own choreo which is one way to avoid awkward out of time dancing :laugh:

Cameraman is very confused though!

Aha there's Moris! And yep still blue.

This is really random... why Bond?

And Moris isn't Aladdin Simon, LOL.

But as Finales go this one was pretty interesting!

On that note though, I better be off! I still have to do my leg exercises before I hit the hay.

"We are the champions."
Welcome back! :clap: