Fantasy on Ice 2023 | Golden Skate

Fantasy on Ice 2023

Magill

Record Breaker
Fantasy on Ice 2023 is starting in Japan tomorrow! The wonderful cast, including beloved World and Olympic Champions, choreography by David Wilson, guest musicians playing live, and the cross-fandom appeal invite us in for a treat! While some will be obviously discussed more privately in their FFs, this is for more general info, discussions and celebrations.
General Info: https://www.fantasy-on-ice.com/
Makuhari: 26-28 May
Miyagi: 2-4 June
Niigata:16-18 June
Kobe: 23-25 June
Cast::
Yuzuru Hanyu, Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron, Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier, Shizuka Arakawa, Kaori Sakamoto, Stephane Lambiel, Javier Fernandez, Johnny Weir, Deniss Vasiljevs, Kazuki Tomono, Sota Yamamoto, Satoko Miyahara, Mai Mihara, Nobunari Oda, Takahito Mura, Keiji Tanaka, Lilah Fear & Lewis Gibson.

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker
Starting off with David Wilson celebrating the Ensemble skaters:

... and being celebrated back on his birthday - just today

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
As I understand it, the first two shows will NOT be streamed :drama: though they will be televised later. However reports are expected from those attending and hopefully we will get video and photos from the media who are there. Not long till the first one starts tonight...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Only in Japan... earthquake in the middle of Javi's skate stopped the show, 6.4 magnitude in Chiba (in the same prefecture but thank goodness they were not right on top of it) it sounds like it was suspended but will resume?

decafjava

On the Ice
Country
Switzerland
Forgive my ignorance but what does the ensemble group do? I would love to stream this - well I wish I could go to Japan and see it live.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Forgive my ignorance but what does the ensemble group do? I would love to stream this - well I wish I could go to Japan and see it live.

They are in the opening, closing and often/usually the start of the second half. Here's a copy of the opening for one of the shows last year to give you an idea (and the costumes were unusually good for FAoI :laugh: - unlike some others, it has new costumes every year and they are sometimes jawdropping)

(you need to go to youtube to watch it, sorry)

Magill

Record Breaker
Only in Japan... earthquake in the middle of Javi's skate stopped the show, 6.4 magnitude in Chiba (in the same prefecture but thank goodness they were not right on top of it) it sounds like it was suspended but will resume?
It resumed after a while after it was checked that the venue was safe - and went on alright to end with a standing ovation.

Here's a little glimpse backstage to see your heroes as they just left the stage :)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
From a fan on twitter, the current (though it could be updated) TV schedule for June and July :biggrin:

schedule 1.jpgschedule 2.jpg

By the way, there are news reports showing the earthquake movements inside the rink, the infrastructure rocking above them all, must have been so scary. Yuzu did at the end ask everyone to rake care when going home.

Magill

Record Breaker
Yuzuru and Javier reunion warmed many-a-fan-heart and their fooling around on the ice again deserves to go to the Edge and not just their FFs. Javi was so happy he even re-posted the pics on his Instastory at 2 am local time....
Here's to the good ole days...

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Keiji is wearing what looks like the world's most comfortable cardigan and I love it and I want one.