Figure Skating Scoring Website | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Scoring Website

jccool5000

Rinkside
Hey guys, I've made a scoring website for figure skating. If you guys don't mind please try it out and debug it so I can continue to improve it. Hopefully you guys can use it while watching skating, etc, or coaches can use it while skaters skate to record run throughs. So far it only works with singles and technical scores (not program components.) Looking forward for feedback so I can improve it! Thanks

Just a warning: theres plenty of bugs. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Link is here: https://jerry70450.github.io/FSCalc/

EDIT: Tons of bugs are being fixed! thanks for your help!

EDIT: Version 0.2 is now live with PCS calculations!

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
After adding an element, you can't click on the other tabs (like for example after adding a jump, you can't click spins/sequences, though you can add more jumps)

Daniel1998

Final Flight
As soon as I enter an element, I can't add add elements of another type (e.g. spins and sequences), the buttons become frozen. Using safari on Mac.

EDIT: someone got there before me...:slink:

jccool5000

Rinkside
After adding an element, you can't click on the other tabs (like for example after adding a jump, you can't click spins/sequences, though you can add more jumps)

As soon as I enter an element, I can't add add elements of another type (e.g. spins and sequences), the buttons become frozen. Using safari on Mac.

EDIT: someone got there before me...:slink:

Should both be fixed now. Thanks for your help!

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Should both be fixed now. Thanks for your help!

Another thing, I think the BV is getting confused when I try combinations. Last time I checked, 3lz 3t wasn't worth 11.8 points, nor was a 3f 3t worth 10.6. Might want to check that out.

jccool5000

Rinkside
Another thing, I think the BV is getting confused when I try combinations. Last time I checked, 3lz 3t wasn't worth 11.8 points, nor was a 3f 3t worth 10.6. Might want to check that out.

Thanks, I'll look into it. Will edit when it's fixed

EDIT: It's fixed!

jccool5000

Rinkside
The GOE multiplier for combinations are multiplying the total BV of the jump combo

Nice Work btw!

Can you explain further what this means? i've tried it out with 2 jumps and it's the same?

If 1A+2S GOE: +1...

1A bv 1.1 * 1.1 = 1.21
2S bv 1.3* 1.1 = 1.43
1.21+1.43 =2.64

bv sum is 2.4 * 1.1 = 2.64

What am I missing here?

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Can you explain further what this means? i've tried it out with 2 jumps and it's the same?

1A bv 1.1 * 1.1 = 1.21
2S bv 1.3* 1.1 = 1.43
1.21+1.43 =2.64

What am I missing here?

If I'm not mistaken, the GOE for jump combinations is tallied by using the GOE multiplier to the base value of the hardest element, not summed base value of the entire combination.

So for example a 3F+3T with GOE +3 would give a result of 9.50 + (5.30*0.3) = 11.09.

Also keep in mind when an element gets docked, for example, 3Fe+3T, the toe gets used for the GOE multiplier because that base value is higher now than 3Fe. This doesn't apply to the +REP adjustment though. There's lots of complications here.

bstark97

Rinkside
This is really really cool stuff (and so is the rest of your gitbub). I'd love to contribute to the website/ maintenance if you need help.

lanceupper1114

On the Ice

1A bv 1.1 * 1.1 = 1.21
2S bv 1.3* 1.1 = 1.43
1.21+1.43 =2.64

What am I missing here?

Should only be multiplying the high value jump, not both combined. For 3A-3T, only multiply the value of 3A, not total value.

jccool5000

Rinkside
If I'm not mistaken, the GOE for jump combinations is tallied by using the GOE multiplier to the base value of the hardest element, not summed base value of the entire combination.

So for example a 3F+3T with GOE +3 would give a result of 9.50 + (5.30*0.3) = 11.09.

Also keep in mind when an element gets docked, for example, 3Fe+3T, the toe gets used for the GOE multiplier because that base value is higher now than 3Fe. This doesn't apply to the +REP adjustment though. There's lots of complications here.

I see what you mean. Thanks for the detailed explanation. I have access to the software that ISU use so I'll be trying it out there too.

Also thanks for informing me about the 3Fe stuff. I'm already doing it as shown here.
https://imgur.com/a/AqSt8Du

And yes I saw the element numbering bug there. Fixed that too.

Should only be multiplying the high value jump, not both combined. For 3A-3T, only multiply the value of 3A, not total value.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Edit: IT'S NOW FIXED!

AnalyticalMind

Rinkside
Wow this is really neat.

Not debugging, but I think this tool has VAST potential in promoting rational dialog on scoring if there was the option to check off the specific bullet points that lead tos specific GOE. (I realize that that's a huge other undertaking, and you have other priorities first.)

Nice work.

jccool5000

Rinkside
This is really really cool stuff (and so is the rest of your gitbub). I'd love to contribute to the website/ maintenance if you need help.

I appreciate your enthusiasm! However the code base is pretty ugly right now and there's not that much code to manage. I'll be sure to contact you if this becomes popular need more features added!

jccool5000

Rinkside
Wow this is really neat.

Not debugging, but I think this tool has VAST potential in promoting rational dialog on scoring if there was the option to check off the specific bullet points that lead tos specific GOE. (I realize that that's a huge other undertaking, and you have other priorities first.)

Nice work.

Thanks for the suggestion! That's what I am hoping to do in the future. I'm thinking if I had lists of spin, jump and sequence GOE bullets and LOD bullets then one could check it off, then the website could determine the GOE and spin/seq level in a clearer way!

Another idea is we could log scores onto the website and the system draws on 9 sets just like a panel of judges. I would love to see how close the scores from a panel of fans would be next to that of actual judges.

clippers8200

On the Ice
This is so cool - thanks for making this! It'd be great to also maybe add in a PCS module separated out for SP/FS to enable full range scoring.

jccool5000

Rinkside
Another idea is we could log scores onto the website and the system draws on 9 sets just like a panel of judges. I would love to see how close the scores from a panel of fans would be next to that of actual judges.

I'd actually love to do something like that too but (as of right now at least) that's out of my scope and hosting a full website with database like that costs money. Maybe I'll figure something out. It's a cool idea for sure but it might take too much effort to do.