Free - old figure skating magazines (lots of Kurt Browning content) | Golden Skate

Free - old figure skating magazines (lots of Kurt Browning content)

Teenes

On the Ice
Any interest in old figure skating magazines? I'm trying to get rid of my collection, and don't want to just recycle them if anyone out there wants them. You just need to cover the cost of shipping. Or, if anyone has suggestions of where to donate them...

I have a complete list in a Google Sheet, which I can share with those who are interested. I mostly was collecting magazines with articles on Kurt Browning, though I did have a subscription to IFS for a while. It includes:

International Figure Skating - most, but not all, issues between April 1998 and Feb. 2003, plus miscellaneous issues from 2003-2006, 2010, 2011

Blades on Ice - miscellaneous issues between 1996-2007

Spotlight on Skating - miscellaneous issues between 2000-2006

American Skating World - miscellaneous issues between 1989-1999

Tracings - Feb. 1991, Nov. 1992, Feb. 1993, July 1993, Nov. 1993, Sep. 1995

Skating - April 1993, May 1993

Recreational Ice Skating - Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter 2003 issues, Summer 2004

Maclean's - April 10, 1995 ("Ice Time" cover with Kurt & the women of Stars on Ice)

Ice Cycles - Apr/May 1990 (Rahkamo & Kokko cover, articles underlined by previous owner)

Gotta Skate - July/Aug 1995

Albertville Olympics - Official CBS Olympics Viewer's Guide

Skating Superstars II

Women's Sports & Fitness
- April 1999 - Michelle Kwan cover

Sports Illustrated - Feb. 2002 - Olympics (Sale & Pelletier article)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm very interested by the International Figure Skating magazines, except I live in Australia and postage costs to down under are always a killer.

Exactly how many are there and can you estimate the weight?

Teenes

On the Ice
I'm very interested by the International Figure Skating magazines, except I live in Australia and postage costs to down under are always a killer.

Exactly how many are there and can you estimate the weight?
There are 32-34 (still debating whether to keep the ones with Kurt covers). The quality varies - some are clearly a lot more read/paged through than others, which are in good shape. It's ~10.8 lbs ( I tried weighing myself with and without the stack, so the precision is a little questionable). And ouch, yeah, I think postage would be over $100 to Australia...

Honey20

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Any interest in old figure skating magazines? I'm trying to get rid of my collection, and don't want to just recycle them if anyone out there wants them. You just need to cover the cost of shipping. Or, if anyone has suggestions of where to donate them...

I have a complete list in a Google Sheet, which I can share with those who are interested. I mostly was collecting magazines with articles on Kurt Browning, though I did have a subscription to IFS for a while. It includes:

International Figure Skating - most, but not all, issues between April 1998 and Feb. 2003, plus miscellaneous issues from 2003-2006, 2010, 2011

Blades on Ice - miscellaneous issues between 1996-2007

Spotlight on Skating - miscellaneous issues between 2000-2006

American Skating World - miscellaneous issues between 1989-1999

Tracings - Feb. 1991, Nov. 1992, Feb. 1993, July 1993, Nov. 1993, Sep. 1995

Skating - April 1993, May 1993

Recreational Ice Skating - Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter 2003 issues, Summer 2004

Maclean's - April 10, 1995 ("Ice Time" cover with Kurt & the women of Stars on Ice)

Ice Cycles - Apr/May 1990 (Rahkamo & Kokko cover, articles underlined by previous owner)

Gotta Skate - July/Aug 1995

Albertville Olympics - Official CBS Olympics Viewer's Guide

Skating Superstars II

Women's Sports & Fitness
- April 1999 - Michelle Kwan cover

Sports Illustrated - Feb. 2002 - Olympics (Sale & Pelletier article)
Have you reached out to Kurt and asked if he wants them?

Teenes

On the Ice
Have you reached out to Kurt and asked if he wants them?
Good idea. Though I'm pretty sure he won't want or will already have the majority of them! I had a subscription to IFS so not all of the magazines have "Kurt content" in them.