Fresh start for Russia’s Kolyada after coaching change | Golden Skate

Fresh start for Russia’s Kolyada after coaching change

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last season, Russia’s Mikhail Kolyada was absent from the figure skating scene as he had reoccurring sinusitis which eventually required nose surgery last fall. The 2018 World bronze medalist returned to the ice in January and was just beginning to get into shape when the COVID-19 pandemic hit. His performance at Elizaveta Tuktamysheva’s ice show in March was his first and only public appearance since the test skates last season.

More...

The skater talks about his new programs and training for the season, along with comments from coach Mishin. I for one am really looking forward to seeing how much his jump technique changes! What about you?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I'm very happy for Kolyada. So good to hear that he's well now, happily married and is training with Mishin's team. Good for him to have skaters at the same level to practise with.

Kolyada is having more fun as gets to “compete” with the other guys in practice, reeling off some triples and quads.

or as he himself says:

'It is very good to have people next to you that you can strive after. It makes training even easier.'

I'll cheer for him all the way to the top!