Game of Thrones | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Game of Thrones

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
For the throne, I am betting on Jon Snow. The best leaders are usually not the ones who want the power, but those who have to take the responsibility, those who (even reluctantly) step up, because someone needs to do something. We've seen this concept in Harry Potter, Brave Heart, etc, etc, and I believe it is true. Jon became a leader only because he was seeing a great threat and was trying to deal with it. Now with Daenerys out of control, he will have to do something. He is just not the type to sit and watch. Plus, let's not forget that it is a "song of ice and fire" and Jon IS ice and fire (Stark and Targ), so it has been about him all the way. He was brought back because he has a job to do.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
For the throne, I am betting on Jon Snow. The best leaders are usually not the ones who want the power, but those who have to take the responsibility, those who (even reluctantly) step up, because someone needs to do something. We've seen this concept in Harry Potter, Brave Heart, etc, etc, and I believe it is true. Jon became a leader only because he was seeing a great threat and was trying to deal with it. Now with Daenerys out of control, he will have to do something. He is just not the type to sit and watch. Plus, let's not forget that it is a "song of ice and fire" and Jon IS ice and fire (Stark and Targ), so it has been about him all the way. He was brought back because he has a job to do.
Then if the leaks are true and they were true until not than you will be dissapointed.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
Thanks for not telling me about any leaks, they really spoil it for me.
I stand with my vote for Jon. The good thing is that we‘ll know only in a couple of days.

Amei

Record Breaker
I saw this earlier today and just laughed because this is what fan fiction is for.

These people on the petition - do they not realize the cost to make this show? All of the main actors at this point probably get a million plus per episode.

What's funny is people claiming that the character 'redemption' for Jamie was ruined this season - when in reality the issue is that the character has just not done what they wanted in killing Cersei; because everyone's been saying how the prophecy Cersei heard as a child was that her younger brother would kill her and she always thought only of Tyrion while ignoring that Jamie was born after her. In reahe lity I still think his final behavior wasn't out of line with the 'character redemption' from the past few seasons. I listened to an interview with the actor that played Jamie and said there was a line in the first episode (which Bran repeated this season when Jamie went to Winterfell) about "the things I do for love" that was his hook into the character; most all of his actions have always had grown from his love for Cersei (the level of icky on that love is a whole different story). And last but not least - Cersei was pregnant with his child.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
These people on the petition - do they not realize the cost to make this show? All of the main actors at this point probably get a million plus per episode.

What's funny is people claiming that the character 'redemption' for Jamie was ruined this season - when in reality the issue is that the character has just not done what they wanted in killing Cersei; because everyone's been saying how the prophecy Cersei heard as a child was that her younger brother would kill her and she always thought only of Tyrion while ignoring that Jamie was born after her. In reahe lity I still think his final behavior wasn't out of line with the 'character redemption' from the past few seasons. I listened to an interview with the actor that played Jamie and said there was a line in the first episode (which Bran repeated this season when Jamie went to Winterfell) about "the things I do for love" that was his hook into the character; most all of his actions have always had grown from his love for Cersei (the level of icky on that love is a whole different story). And last but not least - Cersei was pregnant with his child.
You realise that most people sign the petition fully aware thatbthisnwill never happen? They just want to show how much they are angry with the bad and lazy writing. And yes I am beyond angry to with the writers. This season is full of bad writing. I think the writers just lost interest in it cause they want to turn to their new star wars project

andromache

Record Breaker
Just an FYI for this thread - I will edit the title and OP tomorrow afternoon (EST) to allow finale discussion. Until that update, keep finale discussion out of here.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well one thing I can say is that they left the door open for a future series/movie :biggrin:

• While on her journeys, Arya stumbles upon what could be a threat to the North and the six kingdoms in Westeros
  • Bran finds Drogon, and in doing so, learns that Danny is alive. He sends Tyrion on a journey to ask her for help to rally the Dothraki and Unsullied. He rides with her on Drogon.
  • Brienne goes beyond the wall to search for John to gather the free folk for armies. While there, she sees that Tormund has trimmed his beard, learned how to drink out of a horn (with out wearing its contents), and has learned manners from Jon. Hmmm....
  • Sansa grows bored with her independent kingdom and offers assistance to the Council

Manitou

Medalist
Well one thing I can say is that they left the door open for a future series/movie :biggrin:

• While on her journeys, Arya stumbles upon what could be a threat to the North and the six kingdoms in Westeros
  • Bran finds Drogon, and in doing so, learns that Danny is alive. He sends Tyrion on a journey to ask her for help to rally the Dothraki and Unsullied. He rides with her on Drogon.
  • Brienne goes beyond the wall to search for John to gather the free folk for armies. While there, she sees that Tormund has trimmed his beard, learned how to drink out of a horn (with out wearing its contents), and has learned manners from Jon. Hmmm....
  • Sansa grows bored with her independent kingdom and offers assistance to the Council

Arya sails around the planet and arrives on the east coast of Essos. That would be kind of like China/Russia with their own civilizations and histories. Then she travels across Essos meeting old friends and foes on the way. That includes Dothraki, Unsullied, Drogon and possibly even revived Dany. Plus a number of new acquaintances.
There can be an entire Odyssey (Essosey or Aryassey) based on her journey. That’s like several seasons at least.

At the same time Jon travels more and more north, goes across the north pole and arrives in Essos from the north. That journey would be called Jonossey. Those two odysseys meet and then they all together keep traveling back to Westeros.
There they meet Sansa and tell her the stories.

Kind of run out of ideas what would come next, that’s why I cannot make money on writing books...

I found some Twitter tweets:

“Arya and Yara team up to explore west of Westeros ... and each other.”

“Jon off to make some wilding babiesss”

melgirl25

Medalist
The finale was garbage. Utter trash.

I thought it was kind of boring. There were so many long scenes without any dialogue. When Brienne was writing a story in that book I thought, are we done yet? When Tyrion and everyone we’re sitting at their first meeting [emoji23]Bad script. Such a shame. It really was such a great story and this finale was meh.

Manitou

Medalist
The finale was garbage. Utter trash.

Not all of it. Drogon burning the throne was cool. Dany turning to Stalin/Mao/Pol Pot was interesting. I'm surprised how anti-left the show's message was. Isn't the whole current progressive movement represented by Dany?
The conversation between Tyrion and Jon in a cell (the first one) had some nice quotes. The last Winterfell scene when Sansa sits with a crown was satisfying. And meeting between Jon and Ghost was cute too.
Otherwise it had a lot nonsense in it. I was really scared when Sam started talking about "democracy". That would be the lamest and most cliche Hollywood ever. Literally Hallmark. I was really glad when they starting laughing at it.
And giving the throne (I mean the melted leftovers) to Bran was out of nowhere. There was no buildup to this resolution. Just no sense at all. Bran was completely useless for the entire season and now he became the king? Maybe just because of that - for being useless. But makes no sense to me.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Not all of it. Drogon burning the throne was cool. Dany turning to Stalin/Mao/Pol Pot was interesting. I'm surprised how anti-left the show's message was. The conversation between Tyrion and Jon in a cell (the first one) had some nice quotes. The last Winterfell scene when Sansa sits with a crown was satisfying. And meeting between Jon and Ghost was cute too.
Otherwise it had a lot nonsense in it. I was really scared when Sam started talking about "democracy". That would be the lamest and most cliche Hollywood ever. Literally Hallmark. I was really glad when they starting laughing at it.
And giving the throne (I mean the melted leftovers) to Bran was out of nowhere. There was no buildup to this resolution. Just no sense at all. Bran was completely useless for the entire season and now he became the king? Maybe just because of that - for being useless. But makes no sense to me.
Besides drogon ghosts and dany nothing was good at all. Again bad writing. But come on emilia deserves an Emmy or an Oscar for her performance as danerys. I don't think anyone else could have ever played her better

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
I thought it was kind of boring. There were so many long scenes without any dialogue. When Brienne was writing a story in that book I thought, are we done yet? When Tyrion and everyone we’re sitting at their first meeting [emoji23]Bad script. Such a shame. It really was such a great story and this finale was meh.

How different people can be! I thought the scene with Brienne was one of the most touching scenes ever. She was wearing his uniform, obviously she has taken his position as King‘s Guard, and it was her duty to finish his story, which was a painful task. She omitted herself from the story altogether. Instead wrote „died protecting the Queen“ and restored his honor. It was sad and beautiful.

But I am one of those few who loved episode 5 and am still processing episode 6 before pronouncing my verdict. Overall, it feels like 5 was the real finale, while 6 was the epilogue.

Manitou

Medalist
How different people can be! I thought the scene with Brienne was one of the most touching scenes ever. She was wearing his uniform, obviously she has taken his position as King‘s Guard, and it was her duty to finish his story, which was a painful task. She omitted herself from the story altogether. Instead wrote „died protecting the Queen“ and restored his honor. It was sad and beautiful.

But I am one of those few who loved episode 5 and am still processing episode 6 before pronouncing my verdict. Overall, it feels like 5 was the real finale, while 6 was the epilogue.

I partially agree. Episode 5 was for me 9/10, while the episode 6 was 5/10. So to me it wasn't as bad as many claim...