General Information | Golden Skate

General Information

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022 Winter Olympic Games will be held February 4-20, 2022, in Beijing, China. The venue for Figure Skating will be the Capital Indoor Stadium. All four disciplines will take part : 30 participants in the singles events (ladies and men), 19 pair teams, and 23 ice dance teams. The selection of representatives is at the national governing body's discretion.

Last edited by a moderator:

alexocfp

Medalist
Country
United-States

The Olympic committee announced their procedures for next winter.

Among them:
  • All athletes and Games participants who are fully vaccinated will enter the closed-loop management system upon arrival. Games participants who are not fully vaccinated will have to serve a 21-day quarantine upon arrival in Beijing.
Also, daily testing and tickets will only be sold to Chinese residents.

“Tickets will be sold exclusively to spectators residing in China’s mainland, who meet the requirements of the COVID-19 countermeasures.”

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Some more info about the vaccination policy. Vaccines have to be recognised by WHO or related international organisations or approved officially by the countries or regions concerned.

FAejrokWUAEvzTs

TamsYl

Rinkside
I found out today the schedule has been out since June. Had this been discussed? Here it is:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
There has been some discussion about the schedule, especially about the Pairs being last - which is unusual but not unexpected with Pairs being China's best discipline so far. There also has been some discussion about the men's part in the Team event, that event being pretty close to the individual men's event and how that should be handled. I would refer to the US, Russian, and Japanese men's threads for more info (though I must warn you: there's a lot to read through with regard to strategies, skaters' choices and so on).

TamsYl

Rinkside
There has been some discussion about the schedule, especially about the Pairs being last - which is unusual but not unexpected with Pairs being China's best discipline so far. There also has been some discussion about the men's part in the Team event, that event being pretty close to the individual men's event and how that should be handled. I would refer to the US, Russian, and Japanese men's threads for more info (though I must warn you: there's a lot to read through with regard to strategies, skaters' choices and so on).
I had missed all that, I'll try catching up when time allows. Thank you! :)