GPF Gala

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Nathan, Javi and Yuzu had my favorite performances tonight. :luv17:

But on the whole, it was very nice.

Still bitter about the medals. :biggrin:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
The gala recap program is live on Eurosport 2 now. :yahoo: Though I really didn't need to see that weird clowns program again...

Fayruza

Match Penalty
To sum up the organisation of the event. Bobrova/Soloviev went through a different ex program during the practice. But they switched on their old program, so they just skated that. Impromptu.
Bobrova, TAT and Grishin are commenting. Bobrova had to share a bed with Zhenya. That's what she mentioned.
This is the worst GPF, honestly.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
To sum up the organisation of the event. Bobrova/Soloviev went through a different ex program during the practice. But they switched on their old program, so they just skated that. Impromptu.
Bobrova, TAT and Grishin are commenting. Bobrova had to share a bed with Zhenya. That's what she mentioned.

They only gave them 1 bed??? Insanity. Wow...Who bears the brunt of the costs for the GP Final, ISU or the French Fed? It's so unfair for the skaters to be treated worse at the final than at individual GP events. Shouldn't the final be one of the most prestigious events of all? Sounds more like a senior B in some provincial city. Did they even feed the skaters or just hand them a sack lunch as they loaded them into the shuttle?

Fayruza

Match Penalty
They only gave them 1 bed??? Insanity. Wow...Who bears the brunt of the costs for the GP Final, ISU or the French Fed? It's so unfair for the skaters to be treated worse at the final than at individual GP events. Shouldn't the final be one of the most prestigious events of all? Sounds more like a senior B in some provincial city. Did they even feed the skaters or just hand them a sack lunch as they loaded them into the shuttle?

They were given a double room with one double-bed, basically. :)

Kutien

Final Flight
Angelique ABACHKINA / Louis THAURON video
Jun Hwan CHA video
Alina ZAGITOVA video
Anastasia MISHINA / Vladislav MIRZOEV video
Nathan CHEN video
Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV video
Kaetlyn OSMOND video
Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG video
Shoma UNO video
Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI video
Satoko MIYAHARA video
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD video
Dmitri ALIEV video
Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR video
Patrick CHAN video
PARSONS / PARSONS, MCNAMARA / CARPENTER video
Anna POGORILAYA video
Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU video
Javier FERNANDEZ video
Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON video
Evgenia MEDVEDEVA video
Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV video
Yuzuru HANYU video
Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR video

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I went to watch the Junior ID couples, cause I can never get enough Disco Inferno, and really cute program and wigs, and....

do those Russian commentators *ever* come up for air? non stop blathering, and I hope to God it was about Parsons/Parsons and McNamara/Carpenter and not someone/something else. Between TAT and these folks :hpull: Would it kill them to be silent for two seconds????

/rant off

reneerose

Final Flight
I love how both Javi and Yuzu used the finale as makeup time for the big elements they missed in their FS - Javi with the 4T and 3A, Yuzu with the 4S combo. :) Also, these two really are such fantastic role models for the support, appreciation and camaraderie they show towards each other!

Thanks! I guess there is no final leap in air photo at GPF16? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shyne

Final Flight
How do they select invitees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends. Only the Sr medalists and Jr gold medalists are automatically invited. The rest are invitation based. If you once had an Olympics or World title, you are almost guaranteed to be in the gala. They also like to invite skaters that had the skate of their life, or skated to something the crowd loved/related to, or if they had an exhibition program that's unique (normally filled with banned elements)

Last edited:

shyne

Final Flight
omg
No real flags, no closing banquet, cheap medals, and only one bed for two competing athletes!!!
That's just ridiculous.

Yet they still had the banquet for ISU officals. They also placed the officials in a five-star hotel, and put all athletes in a much lesser extravagant one right next to it.
If everyone stayed in the same 4-star hotel, maybe they will have enough money to afford a bed for each athlete?