Gran Premio Italia 2020/2021

alexocfp

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm biased of course but I recall Schott had a terrible FS at Nebelhorn earlier in the season, so I'm not so sure as you are it's safe to say, Van Zundert wouldn't have won without the WD.
Fair enough. It‘s all a huge hypothetical anyway.

Last edited:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
The FISG announced which skaters/teams have qualified for the final (due to be held in Bergamo on 13th/14th February).

Men: Grassl, Rizzo, Frangipani, Dalla Torre
Ladies: Guttmann, Negrello, Beccari, Leccardi, Rodeghiero, Tornaghi
Pairs: Ghilardi/Ambrosini, Conti/Macii, Della Monica/Guarise
Ice Dance: Guignard/Fabbri, Moscheni/Fioretti
(It's a shame they didn't include Calderone/Riva too, I would've enjoyed seeing them again; they'd improved a lot since Nationals)
Junior Ice Dance: Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky, Calderari/Cilli, Tali/Frasca

Full articles about the final here (FISG) and here (OA Sport), both in Italian but Google Translate does a fairly good job.

I really look forward to seeing all the skaters again at this event.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
The FISG announced which skaters/teams have qualified for the final (due to be held in Bergamo on 13th/14th February).

Men: Grassl, Rizzo, Frangipani, Dalla Torre
Ladies: Guttmann, Negrello, Beccari, Leccardi, Rodeghiero, Tornaghi
Pairs: Ghilardi/Ambrosini, Conti/Macii, Della Monica/Guarise
Ice Dance: Guignard/Fabbri, Moscheni/Fioretti
(It's a shame they didn't include Calderone/Riva too, I would've enjoyed seeing them again; they'd improved a lot since Nationals)
Junior Ice Dance: Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky, Calderari/Cilli, Tali/Frasca

Full articles about the final here (FISG) and here (OA Sport), both in Italian but Google Translate does a fairly good job.

I really look forward to seeing all the skaters again at this event.
So do I! Glad to see Della Monica/Guarise are going to be there, despite them not having had two outings. I hope you're okay with me sticking in all the streams in my opening of this thread (all of which you kindly posted elsewhere).

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
So do I! Glad to see Della Monica/Guarise are going to be there, despite them not having had two outings. I hope you're okay with me sticking in all the streams in my opening of this thread (all of which you kindly posted elsewhere).
Of course, no problem at all. The more people who get to see the links and enjoy Italian skating, the better!
I'm also very glad to see Della Monica/Guarise, but I really wish they'd included Calderone/Riva in the ice dance too.