Gran Premio Italia 2020/2021 | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Gran Premio Italia 2020/2021

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Alessia Tornaghi has withdrawn, according to her Instagram stories.
Here's a rough translation of what she had to say (as always, apologies for any errors, I'm still learning!):

It is with great regret that I have had to withdraw from the Grand Prix in Turin, which is also my training base.
For months, I have had tendinitis in both legs and in the last days of training the pain has worsened.
Resuming training after the three-month break due to the pandemic has been a series of health problems, which did not allow me to always be an athlete.
Already in previous competitions, I had to deal with a lot of pain that today is no longer sustainable.
In silence I gritted my teeth, I applied myself to all the training and to my competitive programs, despite the difficulties, for the pleasure of skating and playing sports.

She then thanks her coaches and the FISG, saying she hopes to be back training in a few days.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Chenny was out of shape in her last outing, i guess this must be why she withdrew, or so i hope, i hope she and everyone else are fine.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
girls are on ice!

---------

as any other good italian the commentator is talking about holydays and food :LOL: i love my fellow contrypeople

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
it's nice to see Roberta back and finally a Flip. nicely done, Violetta, i guess Alfredo loves you :D

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
my baby girl is back too!! :love2: :jump:deservedly in first! that said i have to go. see you tomorrow

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Gennaro also ended up withdrawing.

The time schedule ended up being correct.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Chiara and Francesco seemed much faster and smoother (twizzle bobble aside) than at Nationals, and more expressive too. Bravo!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Great performance! They looked like they were having such a great time, and the new straight-line lift looked so much smoother than earlier in the season :cheer2: