Gran Premio Italia 2020/2021 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Gran Premio Italia 2020/2021

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Carolina and Francesco look so elegant, and their twizzles were beautifully synchronised today! I really like their lift, and her joy during/after it.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
A bit of a let down after that superb performance by Charlene and Marco, but Carolina and Francesco actually did really well. I still enjoyed it a lot. Nice little competition.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lara was able to make up the SP deficit and then some. Definitely the deserved winner.

Lucrezia‘s program never really got started and completely unraveled in the second half. Was just one of those days when everything falls apart.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also just noticed that this is the first major competition with the winner not being in the top 2 after the SP since the Autumn Trophy in late November.

Van Zundert won from 4th, but she got help since Schott withdrew after leading the SP. Everyone moved up a place without doing anything. It’s safe to say she wouldn’t have won without the WD.

So in reality, today is the comeback of the winter.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Van Zundert won from 4th, but she got help since Schott withdrew after leading the SP. Everyone moved up a place without doing anything. It’s safe to say she wouldn’t have won without the WD.
I'm biased of course but I recall Schott had a terrible FS at Nebelhorn earlier in the season, so I'm not so sure as you are it's safe to say, Van Zundert wouldn't have won without the WD.