Gran Premio Italia 2020/2021 | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Gran Premio Italia 2020/2021

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm biased of course but I recall Schott had a terrible FS at Nebelhorn earlier in the season, so I'm not so sure as you are it's safe to say, Van Zundert wouldn't have won without the WD.
Fair enough. It‘s all a huge hypothetical anyway.

Last edited:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
The FISG announced which skaters/teams have qualified for the final (due to be held in Bergamo on 13th/14th February).

Men: Grassl, Rizzo, Frangipani, Dalla Torre
Ladies: Guttmann, Negrello, Beccari, Leccardi, Rodeghiero, Tornaghi
Pairs: Ghilardi/Ambrosini, Conti/Macii, Della Monica/Guarise
Ice Dance: Guignard/Fabbri, Moscheni/Fioretti
(It's a shame they didn't include Calderone/Riva too, I would've enjoyed seeing them again; they'd improved a lot since Nationals)
Junior Ice Dance: Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky, Calderari/Cilli, Tali/Frasca

Full articles about the final here (FISG) and here (OA Sport), both in Italian but Google Translate does a fairly good job.

I really look forward to seeing all the skaters again at this event.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
The FISG announced which skaters/teams have qualified for the final (due to be held in Bergamo on 13th/14th February).

Men: Grassl, Rizzo, Frangipani, Dalla Torre
Ladies: Guttmann, Negrello, Beccari, Leccardi, Rodeghiero, Tornaghi
Pairs: Ghilardi/Ambrosini, Conti/Macii, Della Monica/Guarise
Ice Dance: Guignard/Fabbri, Moscheni/Fioretti
(It's a shame they didn't include Calderone/Riva too, I would've enjoyed seeing them again; they'd improved a lot since Nationals)
Junior Ice Dance: Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky, Calderari/Cilli, Tali/Frasca

Full articles about the final here (FISG) and here (OA Sport), both in Italian but Google Translate does a fairly good job.

I really look forward to seeing all the skaters again at this event.
So do I! Glad to see Della Monica/Guarise are going to be there, despite them not having had two outings. I hope you're okay with me sticking in all the streams in my opening of this thread (all of which you kindly posted elsewhere).

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
So do I! Glad to see Della Monica/Guarise are going to be there, despite them not having had two outings. I hope you're okay with me sticking in all the streams in my opening of this thread (all of which you kindly posted elsewhere).
Of course, no problem at all. The more people who get to see the links and enjoy Italian skating, the better!
I'm also very glad to see Della Monica/Guarise, but I really wish they'd included Calderone/Riva in the ice dance too.

pete

On the Ice
I assume the italian fed will decide after who they send to worlds (if it happens). I think for the ladies it's probably going to be Lara. Alissa looked like the clear favorite last year but is struggling this season. For all the other diciplines Italy has 2 spots if i remember correctly.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I assume the italian fed will decide after who they send to worlds (if it happens). I think for the ladies it's probably going to be Lara. Alissa looked like the clear favorite last year but is struggling this season. For all the other diciplines Italy has 2 spots if i remember correctly.
it's not like we have a stacked field in every discipline :LOL: Lara is the national champion she should go but i don't know if she has the minimums, Daniel and Matteo are a lock and so are Della monica/Guarise (do we have 1 or 2 spots in pairs? i can't remember) in pairs and Guignard/Fabbri in dance

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
it's not like we have a stacked field in every discipline :LOL: Lara is the national champion she should go but i don't know if she has the minimums, Daniel and Matteo are a lock and so are Della monica/Guarise (do we have 1 or 2 spots in pairs? i can't remember) in pairs and Guignard/Fabbri in dance
Say, since I’m sure you have pull with the federation, can you please do me a favor and tell them to start the ladies events later?

Those times translate to 7am and 8:30 where I live. And I know the Italians don’t want me getting up that early on the weekend.

Thanks in advance! Haha

Andrea82

Medalist

yes, Lara has the required minimum.
Pair have 2 spots.
Dance also have 2 spots. I guess Moscheni/Fioretti will be sent.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am really looking forward to the Final. The mens event is going to be fantastic (even if poor Mattia dalla Torre is not the best jumper in the world, he's nice to watch, and the other three men are often really good), and it will be just great to see the Pairs and the Ice Dance (few competitors but the ones present are definitely watchable and enjoyable, especially those who also have had quite a few successes internationally) while there's a great competitive edge with the ladies, despite them not reaching to the levels of Russian and Japanese ladies (and a South Korean lady). All-in-all, it's going to be great!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Say, since I’m sure you have pull with the federation, can you please do me a favor and tell them to start the ladies events later?

Those times translate to 7am and 8:30 where I live. And I know the Italians don’t want me getting up that early on the weekend.

Thanks in advance! Haha
No pull here with any federation, but the timing is okay for me :palmf:, but then I live in the same time zone as Italy so I probably wouldn't have used my pull (if I had it) anyway. Sorry! Slightly cold comfort: the live stream will be relive - at least that's what the Italian Federation has done before. I'd recommend watching later and if you don't like spoilers to avoid looking too early at comments in this specific thread.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

Thanks in advance! Haha
only if you do the same with USfed, you know many of your competitions are in the middle of the night for me. do we have a deal?:wink:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No pull here with any federation, but the timing is okay for me :palmf:, but then I live in the same time zone as Italy so I probably wouldn't have used my pull (if I had it) anyway. Sorry! Slightly cold comfort: the live stream will be relive - at least that's what the Italian Federation has done before. I'd recommend watching later and if you don't like spoilers to avoid looking too early at comments in this specific thread.
Well, there is time to go to Italy and help me out.
The drive there isn‘t that bad. Haha

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
only if you do the same with USfed, you know many of your competitions are in the middle of the night for me. do we have a deal?:wink:
Um, unfortunately I have zero say at USfed. You, on the other hand, I hear that they have your photo up at the entrance, so they hold you in high esteem.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Um, unfortunately I have zero say at USfed. You, on the other hand, I hear that they have your photo up at the entrance, so they hold you in high esteem.
i can't hide anything from you! yes, it's right there, between the president's photo and the crucified christ "mother of skaters, pray for us" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :pray: i'll try to work a miracle but i can't promise you anything...have faith my child

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm now very confused by the timings, because, according to the FISG results page and time schedule pdfs, the rhythm dance should be starting now (12:00 Italian time). But, the stream says it's 47 minutes until it starts. Then, the FISG Instagram page gives another lot of different timings with ladies first at 13:00. Anyone else confused? Or have I managed to make a complete mess of converting GMT to Italian time? Or is the stream not live?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I'm now very confused by the timings, because, according to the FISG results page and time schedule pdfs, the rhythm dance should be starting now (12:00 Italian time). But, the stream says it's 47 minutes until it starts. Then, the FISG Instagram page gives another lot of different timings with ladies first at 13:00. Anyone else confused? Or have I managed to make a complete mess of converting GMT to Italian time? Or is the stream not live?
i'm as confused as you. but it looks like @alexocfp wish came true after all, they're starting one hour later