Gran Premio Italia 2020/2021 | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Gran Premio Italia 2020/2021

Sk8swan

On the Ice
Ah. I'd wondered why in some of her recent Instagram pictures, her eyelid/eyebrow is taped up with plaster, that explains it.
Hope they're both okay and can come out fighting next time.

They had a pretty scary accident in practice performing a twist. They crashed head to head, Nicole having the worst of it with her left eyelid cut open. On the way down she hit Matteo's chest with her blade but luckily nothing major happened to him. She was taken to the hospital and got stitches to her eyelid and quite a few tests which luckily did not show further damage. As they said in the interview after the short, it was not easy to practice after that, they had to be cautious as Matteo said "you see there is a scar in the head and you don't want to make it worse". She also admitted she breathed a sigh of relief after they did the twist in the program. It looks like it still played tricks to their mind today in the free... The twist was shaky and after that she looked pretty lost... Hope they can regroup soon and come back stronger for worlds!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
They had a pretty scary accident in practice performing a twist. They crashed head to head, Nicole having the worst of it with her left eyelid cut open. On the way down she hit Matteo's chest with her blade but luckily nothing major happened to him. She was taken to the hospital and got stitches to her eyelid and quite a few tests which luckily did not show further damage. As they said in the interview after the short, it was not easy to practice after that, they had to be cautious as Matteo said "you see there is a scar in the head and you don't want to make it worse". She also admitted she breathed a sigh of relief after they did the twist in the program. It looks like it still played tricks to their mind today in the free... The twist was shaky and after that she looked pretty lost... Hope they can regroup soon and come back stronger for worlds!
Oh goodness, that sounds scary! I'm glad they're both okay, and hopefully can take some time before Worlds to regain their trust in the twist. They both seemed to be having a good (twist-free) time in the gala/show this evening, which is good.

Sk8swan

On the Ice
Oh goodness, that sounds scary! I'm glad they're both okay, and hopefully can take some time before Worlds to regain their trust in the twist. They both seemed to be having a good (twist-free) time in the gala/show this evening, which is good.
Actually the show was recorded last weekend only a few days after the accident happened so they had to cut off the riskiest elements.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Actually the show was recorded last weekend only a few days after the accident happened so they had to cut off the riskiest elements.
Ah! I had assumed it was live, straight after the final this afternoon. But that makes more sense that it was pre-recorded, as I was wondering how they had managed to transform the arena in 45 minutes after the medal ceremonies!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Daniel just wins the FS but Matteo wins overall. Great. Italy does have 2 spots at the WC? Both guys need to go!!!
OMG, I completely forgot about this event - I wanted to watch the Daniel-Matteo showdown. :palmf: Well, I take it Matteo won, so congratulations! 🥇💐 Really looking forward to seeing both of them at worlds!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
OMG, I completely forgot about this event - I wanted to watch the Daniel-Matteo showdown. :palmf: Well, I take it Matteo won, so congratulations! 🥇💐 Really looking forward to seeing both of them at worlds!
It was great. I was so proud of Daniel, skating like that after suffering from Covid and having some heart problems too. And Matteo was great too, and actually had one of the best SP's I've ever seen him do. In the FS the difference was small - Daniel's app. 1 point more than Matteo but Matteo had a big advantage with his superb SP. A nice showdown nonetheless. I think all programmes can be rewatched, I would recommend it!

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
Anybody knows, what is with Marina Piredda?