Has anyone gone from C to B width in Edea? | Golden Skate

Has anyone gone from C to B width in Edea?

Elija

On the Ice
Hello!

I'm currently in Edea Chorus in the standard C width. I've had them almost a year. They fit great for the first three months or so, but after that I noticed that my heels began to slip a lot. Now I'm starting to get blisters from my heels moving up and down, and jumping is scary as my ankles feel really insecure. I lace my skates as tight as possible across the instep as Edea recommends, but still end up re-lacing every 15 minutes if I'm jumping. I talked to the dealer I bought them off and was told I should have gotten a B width... Was never even told that was an option when I bought them. Their suggestion was buy new skates. I should mention that I live in a small country where skating is not a big sport, so Edea is my only option really, unless I buy online.

I'm wondering if anyone has had the same issue with their heels slipping, and has gone to an Edea B width? If so, has it helped? I can't seem to find any guide from Edea on how to determine the right width for your foot, only length.

I'm happy to try other models of Edea too (in fact I probably will, as I don't feel like the Chorus are stiff enough for my liking), especially if they are better for narrow heels. I have read that Pianos are the best for narrow heels. They are above my level, but I'm an experienced adult skater and jump and skate quite 'big' if that makes sense lol, so don't think I'd have trouble breaking them in compared to a kid. I skate 4-5 days per week. I also liked the sound of them because of the shock absorbing technology, which due to old knee injuries that flare up when I skate, sounds great. However, if the fit in ice flys is similar I'll probably just try those.

Would love to hear anyone's experiences on going from a C to a B width, and also whether changing between Edea models has helped in terms of locking the heel in place better.

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Not a direct answer to your question - but I had a slight issue with heel slippage in my Jackson Debuts when I first started skating in them. At my tech’s recommendation I ordered a pair of Bunga “boot bumper” pads, and they’ve completely solved the issue. Might be worth trying to save you the trouble of replacing your boots!

Nimyue

On the Ice
I had heel issues in my skates as I have a very narrow heel. Your fitter can put them in the boot oven and pinch the heels. Then when you order your next pair try the B width.

Elija

On the Ice
Hi, Edeas can’t go in a boot oven. My fitter did put a hairdryer on then and squeeze in the heels. Worked for about a week but then they just went back to their previous shape.

Regarding the Bunga Pads - I think i will order some to hopefully get me theough the next few months. I was told by the skate tech that they wouldn’t help and I should just buy new skates :/ might as well give them a try though.

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Hi, Edea’s can’t go in a boot oven. My fitter did put a hairdryer on then and squeeze in the heels. Worked for about a week but then they just went back to their previous shape.

Regarding the Bunga Pads - I think i will order some to hopefully get me theough the next few months. I was told by the skate tech that they wouldn’t help and I should just buy new skates :/ might as well give them a try though.

My tech offered to pinch the heels for me, but the issue was so slight I was afraid of overcorrecting for it. Before I spent the money on the bungas I tried putting a few foam makeup wedges in my sock, on the back of the heel and over my Achilles’ tendon, to see if just a bit of extra padding would solve it - and it did. You could always give that a try to see if the padding helps, and if not, then you know you might need new boots.

Nimyue

On the Ice
Hi, Edeas can’t go in a boot oven. My fitter did put a hairdryer on then and squeeze in the heels. Worked for about a week but then they just went back to their previous shape.

Right sorry, but they can use the hair dryer and pinch the heels. If it didn't work before, maybe at least try again? Did they have adequate time to cool before you wore them? They are so expensive, it'd be nice to at least keep this pair until they wear out.

Otherwise, I wore pads that went around the bottom of my foot and up my achilles to take up some space. I also used those heel pad sold for high heels to fill some space.

Elija

On the Ice
Right sorry, but they can use the hair dryer and pinch the heels. If it didn't work before, maybe at least try again? Did they have adequate time to cool before you wore them? They are so expensive, it'd be nice to at least keep this pair until they wear out.

Otherwise, I wore pads that went around the bottom of my foot and up my achilles to take up some space. I also used those heel pad sold for high heels to fill some space.

Hi, yeah they had plenty of time to cool. I don’t even think i skated on them that day. The fitter did say it was just a bandaid. The boots are just too loose all around now, so I’m going to go down to a B width. I’ve heard multiple people at my rink had this issue, where the padding compresses after a few months. It’s crazy cause my skates were so tight when I bought them, but now my feet are moving terribly.