Hawayek still recovering from concussion | Golden Skate

Hawayek still recovering from concussion

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker Withdraw from 2021 NHK Trophy

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (November, 7, 2021) - Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker have withdrawn from NHK Trophy due to injury, U.S. Figure Skating announced Sunday. NHK Trophy, set for Nov. 11-14, 2021 in Tokyo, is the fourth stop of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series.

Hawayek is recovering from a concussion sustained while training earlier this season. The tandem has three Grand Prix Series medals, including gold at 2018 NHK Trophy.

Roast Toast

Medalist
There have been a few concussion injuries at Gadbois. I don't want to point fingers but they really train way too many teams.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
There have been a few concussion injuries at Gadbois. I don't want to point fingers but they really train way too many teams.
They aren't all on the ice at the same time training, it's tapered throughout the day, that's not the reason. It happens.

theblade

On the Ice
They aren't all on the ice at the same time training, it's tapered throughout the day, that's not the reason. It happens.
Yes, some schools have a group schedule that blocks off chunks of time for each team/skater. They have their general times on the ice, which can change, but each day has space for a certain number of skaters on the ice at any given time.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes, some schools have a group schedule that blocks off chunks of time for each team/skater. They have their general times on the ice, which can change, but each day has space for a certain number of skaters on the ice at any given time.
I trained in an environment such as that and work in several now, so I know.