Help finding intermediate boot for slim, low volume feet | Golden Skate

Help finding intermediate boot for slim, low volume feet

artika

Rinkside
Hello!
Please share your knowledge. My foot was measured by a well regarded professional boot fitter: I have a regular feet, medium front, medium heels, medium arch. If I'm measured all around the forefoot I'm borderline to narrow, that showing that the height of the forefoot and toes is low. I also have flexible forefoot, it can be squeezed without pain. I was in Riedell in the past, model 220 similar with their Stride now, and that's what my bootfitter recommended at first sight, only currently, all Riedell boots have higher toe box then before. My toes go up a lot, in fact my whole forefoot feels like goes up and I have delayed control when skating, turning backwards. Also, while not hurting, I feel that me feet is squeezed, doesn't lay flat and I'm wondering if that wouldn't make the control of edges more difficult. My level is Juvenile moves and Pre Silver dances, single jumps. I'm 5.5, 135 lb, we were thinking a flex in between 50 and 70...

Is there a brand of boots, a specific boot, with low height toebox and medium width forefeet and heel, not narrow with high toe box as Riedell?

Thank you so much!

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
If your feet are squeezed in your current boots they sound too narrow.

I'm not as familiar with all the various boots as some others on this board are. But I can tell you that Harlick's have a low height toe box. They are expensive as all orders are custom, but at your levels I'd say you'd get a few good years out of them so they could be worth the investment.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It's hard to know if the squeezing you experience is normal or not. Skates are meant to feel snug. If they do not feel snug, you will have terrible control over your feet. Do your toes cross over each other in your boot? Do you lose circulation (even on warm rinks)?

artika

Rinkside
It's hard to know if the squeezing you experience is normal or not. Skates are meant to feel snug. If they do not feel snug, you will have terrible control over your feet. Do your toes cross over each other in your boot? Do you lose circulation (even on warm rinks)?
Hi, thank you. Well, no and no... but again, my forefoot is very flexible (per my bootfitter), I can squeeze it and make it narrower without experiencing pain. I also wear arch support so I don't have to lace very tight over arches and loose circulation.
My first issue is that with as high toebox as Riedell has right now, I'm not snug, not just the toes, but the whole forefoot is lifting in boots, even with an extra insole added. My old Riedell boots had a lower toe box. So I need to find a brand with lower toe box, regardless of width.
The width issue is just me wondering if on a normal width boot (not narrow as Riedell), I wouldn't have a better control on pressing the edges, as my foot would be spread out...