Help finding new skates | Golden Skate

Help finding new skates

mskatergirl23

Spectator
Country
United-States
Hi, I am currently in delta level, about 96 lbs. and have crap skates that are too big and have horrible blades. I am looking to buy new skates that will last me (hopefully) through freestyle 3 or 4. I am having trouble with that because most items that are recommended to me are super expensive and I am hoping that you guys could help me or give me some advice. I currently have Bladerunner skates. Do you think that Jacksons or Edeas would work for me?
Thank you!

Last edited:

2sk8

Rinkside
Hi, I am currently in delta level, about 96 lbs. and have crap skates that are too big and have horrible blades. I am looking to buy new skates that will last me (hopefully) through freestyle 3 or 4. I am having trouble with that because most items that are recommended to me are super expensive and I am hoping that you guys could help me or give me some advice. I currently have Bladerunner skats but I hate them. do you think that Jacksons or Edeas would work for me?
Thank you!
Jackson and Edea fit very differently so your best bet would be to get fitted and try on various brands to see what is comfortable for you. If you are comfortable posting it, what is the price range you are looking for? This will help people make suggestions in that range.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
You need to go for a proper fitting. If you can let us know where you are in the world, we can almost certainly recommend the best place to go. A proper fitting may sound expensive but I can assure you that it usually saves time, money and pain!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Welcome! Agreed that you need to get properly fitted by a figure skating pro/tech. NOT the hockey guys in the rink shop.
And reiterating what WM said, if you can give us a general idea of where you are in the world, I or others can suggest a proper skate fitter/tech.

:)