Hope Elizaveta competes in the Olympic Team event | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hope Elizaveta competes in the Olympic Team event

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
Although either way, neither of them should be in the Team event. That clearly belongs to Kamila and Trusova (or just Kamila).
I don't really agree with the first part of your post but yes, this I stan.

There is no point in fighting whether Anna or Liza should do the SP. None of them should do it.

Liza has been getting higher scores in SP this season but then she runs on confidence, she falls on axel and suddenly her 3-3 is no more.

And Anna has not been as consistent with her backloaded combination as in the past.

Valieva is consistent and has a 3A, her scores are always in the high 80s.
What are you guys even fighting about?

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
The point wasn't talking about Anna or Liza :wink:
The trigger was someone saying that choosing Liza over Anna or Sasha would be
"Promoting unfairness in figure skating", So we debated about what that actually means
(Or at least that's what I was doing)

Obviously in reality Kamila is doing both, Or maybe if they wanna go for it Sasha splits for the Free,
And even if Kamila wasn't there I don't see Eteri allowing the SP to go to Liza and Anna would probably be the one doing it,
History, Past scoring or debates about fairness wouldn't be much of a factor.

wakuwaku

On the Ice
Country
Latvia
Some people are talking in this thread like the scores are fair, LOL. Shcherbakova has been massively overscored.
Was she really overscored? Here is comparison between two RusNat FP this season and previous one element by element:
The difference is actually staggering - she got 25 points less now. Yeah, she fell from quad and didn't do other one - but other elements are pretty similar (her spins were actually better this time) and she replaced one of potential quads with a triple anyway. The difference in scores shouldn't be that high - but it is. And if we compare with how very similar layout (with one fallen quad and traveled spins to boot) was assessed at Worlds 2021 - given natural national competition inflation (233 international scores vs 239 national scores) - I don't see anything unusual with her scores this time.

halulupu

Final Flight
There is a not so unrealistic, however not hopefull, pathway Liza can even become russias only gold medal hope: omnicrom outbreak in team tuberize.

If team mishin is clever they book differnt flights and appartments than team tuberize and try not to mingle with them in any way.
The Cinese will not as lenient as russia with covid

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
Was she really overscored? Here is comparison between two RusNat FP this season and previous one element by element:
The difference is actually staggering - she got 25 points less now. Yeah, she fell from quad and didn't do other one - but other elements are pretty similar (her spins were actually better this time) and she replaced one of potential quads with a triple anyway. The difference in scores shouldn't be that high - but it is. And if we compare with how very similar layout (with one fallen quad and traveled spins to boot) was assessed at Worlds 2021 - given natural national competition inflation (233 international scores vs 239 national scores) - I don't see anything unusual with her scores this time.

What's unusual is her scores comparing with the scores of the 3 juniors...

wakuwaku

On the Ice
Country
Latvia
What's unusual is her scores comparing with the scores of the 3 juniors...
Judging by your avatar - you should support the whole "senior skating is superior than junior skating" narration. Then why you are concerned about juniors at all? They are not mature enough to express themselves on ice to a degree their PCS is implying, right? If so - there is nothing wrong if they are losing to older skaters now, isn't it? Noone complains about quadless Brown winning over multiquadsters - on the contrary, advocates of "PCS skating" thinking it's still not enough - and they are pushing in direction of lowering TES factor in favor of PCS even further. Why situation with Anna vs juniors becomes different in the eyes of the same people? Anna is extremely "PCS skater" after all - you should be glad she is winning over jumping beans, shouldn't you?

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
Judging by your avatar - you should support the whole "senior skating is superior than junior skating" narration. Then why you are concerned about juniors at all? They are not mature enough to express themselves on ice to a degree their PCS is implying, right? If so - there is nothing wrong if they are losing to older skaters now, isn't it? Noone complains about quadless Brown winning over multiquadsters - on the contrary, advocates of "PCS skating" thinking it's still not enough - and they are pushing in direction of lowering TES factor in favor of PCS even further. Why situation with Anna vs juniors becomes different in the eyes of the same people? Anna is extremely "PCS skater" after all - you should be glad she is winning over jumping beans, shouldn't you?
Tbh I should have stopped reading this comment after "judging by your avatar".
Because it makes 0 sense.

Please do not tell me what I should support and what not.
You ain't my momma.

And as for comparing Brown to Anna.
Yes, Brown wins as the quadsters are not consistent. When they are clean he does not.
Also Brown PCS is on much higher level than Anna's.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
There is a not so unrealistic, however not hopefull, pathway Liza can even become russias only gold medal hope: omnicrom outbreak in team tuberize.

If team mishin is clever they book differnt flights and appartments than team tuberize and try not to mingle with them in any way.
The Cinese will not as lenient as russia with covid
Consider not making posts that expresses a wish for a dangerous disease to infect athletes.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The difference is actually staggering - she got 25 points less now. Yeah, she fell from quad and didn't do other one - but other elements are pretty similar and she replaced one of potential quads with a triple anyway. The difference in scores shouldn't be that high - but it is.

She was overscored both times.

And her 2022 showing is definitely 25+ points weaker than the 2021 showing (which was her career best). The program itself is less expressive and it was a much more sluggish performance, the jumps were worse across the board, and she didn't replace one of the quads with a triple, that's impossible since she already does the max triples. She replaced a quad with a double axel. That video actually just shows how she was being propped up in 2022, getting more points for a worse 3Lutz and 3F+3T, and not getting -GOE on the 3Lz+3Lo that she lands short and double-foots.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Some people are talking in this thread like the scores are fair, LOL. Shcherbakova has been massively overscored. Many people felt Tuktamysheva outskated her at Nationals.

Although either way, neither of them should be in the Team event. That clearly belongs to Kamila and Trusova (or just Kamila).
If there was someone overscored it was Liza. With a fall, a wobbly 3+2 combo and absolutely empty skating she received 71 points in the SP, while should have got like 67 at best. Anna, let's not pretend Anna felt 5 times and Liza was at her best, once again Anna's free program was much more difficult, Liza executes much of her choreo while staying. She received massively overscored components at her first three events (Finlandia and two GPs), honestly her domestical scoring was still relatively realistic one.

"Many people" argument is completely irrelevant last standing point, many people believe the Earth is flat or there are supernatural forces around. "Many people" were also loudly disagreeing with how relatively low score Anna received for the SP by the way, but that should not be used as argument just like there is not a solid argument in the attitude "we the figure skating elite fans who prefer the right skaters are the only ones who have the moral high ground about who got the right scoring and who should be sent where".

Last edited:

halulupu

Final Flight
Just like there is a possible scenario there will be omicron/whatever mutation in Mishin's team. There actually was already.
Of course it could be the other way arround. The impact would be much less thought since Liza is only an alternate

wakuwaku

On the Ice
Country
Latvia
Also Brown PCS is on much higher level than Anna's.
I'm not comparing Brown to Anna. Moreover, noone should compare women with men in anything PCS related - since they are drastically different in what even valued and expected from them. I just pointed out double standarts in how many people here are treating two the most prominent in PCS category skaters - each in its own discipline. Brown is always praised as PCS genius while his TES content weakness usually is hushed up. Anna is always criticized for her TES elements while her programs and presentation usually are being completely ignored and downplayed. And often it's the same people - when talking about men they are devotees of true artistry and opponents of quads and jumps overvaluing. When talking about women - they suddenly turn into devotees of "proper technique" and "real quads" - and fierce critics of any complex choreo or abundance of transitions. It's just essence of hypocrisy for me.
The same can be said about supporters of "raising age" and "mature skating"- bearing Liza as their idol of "longevity in sport" - who suddenly turns into juniors defenders - as long as they are losing to more older Anna instead of Liza.
She was overscored both times.
Ah, I see. Of course Anna always is and was overscored - at every RusNat, GP event or World Championsionship. Russian mafia is everywhere - what can we do? ))
Still, whether she was overscored or not - I don't remember anyone complained about her scores last season. But this season suddenly it's everyone's main point of concern. You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce it's directly related to Tuktamysheva's fans work - and nothing else. And even when they are pretending they are concerned about juniors places - you can be sure they don't care about them even one bit. It's just more convenient for them to push for Liza going to OG - the lower place Anna would get. It's just as simple as that. And as long as that egoistical motivation will be at play in criticizing Anna's skating - I always will be defending her.

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
let's not pretend Anna felt 5 times and Liza was at her best, once again Anna's free program was much more difficult, Liza executes much of her choreo while staying.

Liza skated a clean LP with 2 Triple Axels, lots of energy, and some real attention to the music. She WAS at her best, aside from a silly bobble on one of the steps. It could also be said that she should go for a 3Lz+3T instead of 3Lz+2A sequence, but the content she showed would already medal over any other non-Russian contender at the Olympics.

Anna gave an uninspired performance to a mechanical program, with an underrotated quad fall and overall low quality jumps. In no real world should Anna's LP outscore Liza's.

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
I'm not comparing Brown to Anna. Moreover, noone should compare women with men in anything PCS related - since they are drastically different in what even valued and expected from them. I just pointed out double standarts in how many people here are treating two the most prominent in PCS category skaters - each in its own discipline. Brown is always praised as PCS genius while his TES content weakness usually is hushed up. Anna is always criticized for her TES elements while her programs and presentation usually are being completely ignored and downplayed. And often it's the same people - when talking about men they are devotees of true artistry and opponents of quads and jumps overvaluing. When talking about women - they suddenly turn into devotees of "proper technique" and "real quads" - and fierce critics of any complex choreo or abundance of transitions. It's just essence of hypocrisy for me.
The same can be said about supporters of "raising age" and "mature skating"- bearing Liza as their idol of "longevity in sport" - who suddenly turns into juniors defenders - as long as they are losing to more older Anna instead of Liza.

Ofc I understood your post, it is just that the fact that I have Liza on my avatar does not make me a "devotee" of anything.
You just used created this whole narrative to not respond to my argument that Anna if scored fairly should be in 5th-6th place behind the juniors.

And yes I agree that Anna deserves to be in Olympics more than Liza, she ducked up her short and then opted out of 3-3 just to stay safe, if she skated like she did in Rostelecom who knows what would happen, but she did not.
Anna is clearly a better skater in every aspect (except being fun xD) and the only thing Liza had over her was being very consistent this season, but now this one is no more.
And even if Anna would end up in 6th and Liza in 7th it would still be Anna going to Olys :)