I can’t help but cheer for | Page 2 | Golden Skate

I can’t help but cheer for

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Well, thanks god, Latsiskene won. And what an emotional rollercoaster it was! It's high jumps - you either hit or miss. After she missed 2 attempts at 1.96 being #8 I had very litle hopes. But then she showed what GOAT means. Her 2.02 was a masterpiece, a sheer beauty. And her competition was very nice. I especially liked Australian girl who came second. What a sweet character...Her looks and smile reminded me somehow of...Jason Brown...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Back on topic (I think)....

the Indian golfer Aditi Ashok who came in fourth although she was ranked 200th in the world, :clap:

Molly Seidel, who came back from an eating disorder and took bronze in her third ever marathon :clap:

From Molly, what she went through four years ago:

[My friends] knew I struggled to eat anything I deemed unhealthy. They knew I thought I had to be super lean and super fit all the time, never even allowing myself to eat a bowl of mac and cheese or go out to eat with friends without worrying about what I would order. I've never tried to hide what I went through with my family and friends.

She entered rehab, learned to be healthy instead of afraid of food, and here she is🥉🥉🥉

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Back on topic (I think)....
So cheering the GOAT in women's high jumps who with 0 track record of wrongdoing after winning WC in 2015 had to miss Rio, who stood up against both Russian and International sports officials, who was severely injured this season, who barely passed the qualifying competition in the 3rd attempt, who was lagging behind competition in the finals, etc. etc. - it's not on topic?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So cheering the GOAT in women's high jumps who with 0 track record of wrongdoing after winning WC in 2015 had to miss Rio, who stood up against both Russian and International sports officials, who was severely injured this season, who barely passed the qualifying competition in the 3rd attempt, who was lagging behind competition in the finals, etc. etc. - it's not on topic?
I only meant the extended discussion about scores and history, certainly not the cheering.:cheer:

I know NOTHING about rhythmic gymnastics. I have never watched it. Ever.

So yay for whoever you want to cheer for, and I mean that seriously, not sarcastically. :clap:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I only meant the extended discussion about scores and history, certainly not the cheering.:cheer:

I know NOTHING about rhythmic gymnastics. I have never watched it. Ever.

So yay for whoever you want to cheer for, and I mean that seriously, not sarcastically. :clap:
Ok, Ok I don't follow 90% of summer Olympics sports but I was a long jumper myself (my best result is still better than women's world record although I don't think this should be a matter of pride :) ) so that I, may be, became too emotional about our Maria's victory.

Dpbthomas1

On the Ice
I loved the 18 year old Tunisian swimmer who swam in lane 8 (slowest qualifier) in men’s 400m freestyle. No one had ever heard of him and he won gold. Beating the swimming powerhouses.
Love seeing the athletes from smaller countries and with fewer training opportunities, do well and even medal at the Olympics.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, thanks god, Latsiskene won. And what an emotional rollercoaster it was! It's high jumps - you either hit or miss. After she missed 2 attempts at 1.96 being #8 I had very litle hopes. But then she showed what GOAT means. Her 2.02 was a masterpiece, a sheer beauty. And her competition was very nice. I especially liked Australian girl who came second. What a sweet character...Her looks and smile reminded me somehow of...Jason Brown...
I had the high jump final on in the background as I knew there were two Australians and thought it might be fun...I got so suckered into the intensity. My heart was beating so so fast, I thought we might win a gold, a historic gold in high jump, the gold that would take us to our most successful Olympics ever...but Nicola set a new Australian record winning her silver and I can ask no more than that. Still...a few millimetres...ah.