inline skates | Golden Skate

inline skates

icyskater

Rinkside
im considering snow white and pic skate atm. I'm an ice figure skater but for the last year or so I've also been doing inline on linea in a gymnasium. i really liked the shortness of linea but I find them really like tall compared to ice, and they're also pretty heavy. so I've been thinking of 3 wheel pic which I've heard is lower or snow white. btw I'm working on flying spins and double jumps. on my linea i ended up swapping out the pic for baby stops. I've found spins relatively hard on linea i always roll onto the pic and the spin stops. thx

Elija

On the Ice
To be honest I don't think the Snow White or pic skates will be that different. I have the off ice brand, which have significantly smaller wheels to the others and are lower to the ground, but also heavy - I think any of the brands is going to be heavy, that's just the nature of using wheels over blades. You could give the off ice a try if you wanted a lower profile, but they suck outside because the wheels are small and they get caught on everything. I also found them really hard to spin on, but have heard that about all types of inline wheels.

icyskater

Rinkside
To be honest I don't think the Snow White or pic skates will be that different. I have the off ice brand, which have significantly smaller wheels to the others and are lower to the ground, but also heavy - I think any of the brands is going to be heavy, that's just the nature of using wheels over blades. You could give the off ice a try if you wanted a lower profile, but they suck outside because the wheels are small and they get caught on everything. I also found them really hard to spin on, but have heard that about all types of inline wheels.
thx for the advice, ive tried off ice before but found the length of them really difficult

Ic3Rabbit

Patineuse élite et professionnelle
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
im considering snow white and pic skate atm. I'm an ice figure skater but for the last year or so I've also been doing inline on linea in a gymnasium. i really liked the shortness of linea but I find them really like tall compared to ice, and they're also pretty heavy. so I've been thinking of 3 wheel pic which I've heard is lower or snow white. btw I'm working on flying spins and double jumps. on my linea i ended up swapping out the pic for baby stops. I've found spins relatively hard on linea i always roll onto the pic and the spin stops. thx
You honestly cannot go wrong with switching to either Pic or Snow White. I prefer Pic, but that's myself personally.

Elija

On the Ice
I think Jackson are now making some too? Haven’t heard how they are. Also just remembered there is the Spanish brand STD (unfortunate name in English lol), and I believe they make a ‘lite’ version of their regular frame. Might be worth a try since the weight seems to be one of the main things you’re worried about?

WednesdayMarch

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I have Off-Ice and don't like the length of them, so have some Lineas on order. I think most frames are heavy compared with ice blades. From what I see and hear in the myriad artistic inline FB groups, the top-rated frames are Linea and Golden Horse. I picked Linea for the baby toe stop and the variable rocker. (And the fact I got a very good deal!) The colour of the Golden Horse frames is really off-putting for me, but that's just me. Linea are considered to be the best quality of manufacture. I'm really hoping I won't be too traumatised by the height of them.

Spinning on inlines is a whole different animal from on ice. Adam Jukes has a great tutorial for it on his Instagram and FB pages. So far, however, I've found it pretty impossible on my Off-Ice frames, even though I am a good spinner on ice.

WednesdayMarch

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
My Lineas arrived and I am in love! Had them moved over from the Edeas they were on (ex-demo) pretty sharpish, though. Nasty things... On my Risport Royal Pros, I love the Lineas. I haven't found a problem with either the weight (all inlines are heavy, I suspect) or the height. In fact, I haven't noticed the height at all and I really thought I would.

Basically, I'd stick with the Linea! I'm not sure they can be bettered.