Is NBC Sports Gold moving to Peacock?

Ducky

On the Ice
Oh dear lord, I hope not. Can we just jump to an ISP or whoever offering bundled subscription packages for $50 per month and not realizing that they just reinvented cable?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This from Brent at USFS to me today.
"I don't know the specifics of NBC sports Gold, but I do know that they are planning on sending clarifying information soon. If I hear anything that I can share sooner, I'll let you know."

MFarone

Final Flight
I think eventually NBC Gold will go to Peacock. Someone made a giant mistake when Peacock did not manage to negotiate deals with Roku and Amazon Fire about apps. Several articles I read that Peacock, Roku and Amazon are fighting over who will control the subscribers information and the pricing. Also I read that 70% of the U. S. customers that stream events do so with Roku or Amazon Fire Sticks. If 70% of fans who are paying for Gold can't access Peacock because the apps for Roku and Amazon Fire Sticks are not available who will be left to support Peacock.

Just a big mess. I have used Gold for FS and it is cumbersome but fairly reliable. I'm not looking forward to another eventual change. Interesting that CoyoteChris posted his info from USFS a month ago, but apparently USFS still has no further information. :frown:

Ducky

On the Ice
I think eventually NBC Gold will go to Peacock. Someone made a giant mistake when Peacock did not manage to negotiate deals with Roku and Amazon Fire about apps. Several articles I read that Peacock, Roku and Amazon are fighting over who will control the subscribers information and the pricing. Also I read that 70% of the U. S. customers that stream events do so with Roku or Amazon Fire Sticks. If 70% of fans who are paying for Gold can't access Peacock because the apps for Roku and Amazon Fire Sticks are not available who will be left to support Peacock.

Just a big mess. I have used Gold for FS and it is cumbersome but fairly reliable. I'm not looking forward to another eventual change. Interesting that CoyoteChris posted his info from USFS a month ago, but apparently USFS still has no further information. :frown:
How on gods' green earth did that happen? I can see how Amazon would want to play hardball because they also run a streaming service - not that's the reason why anyone really signs up for Amazon Prime ... - but you would think that all three parties would have a vetted interest in working with each other.

It's going to be so fun to watch as different services no longer work on different platforms because of licensing deals.

MFarone

Final Flight
How on gods' green earth did that happen? I can see how Amazon would want to play hardball because they also run a streaming service - not that's the reason why anyone really signs up for Amazon Prime ... - but you would think that all three parties would have a vetted interest in working with each other.

It's going to be so fun to watch as different services no longer work on different platforms because of licensing deals.
I did read an article a day or so ago that Roku and Peacock had reached an agreement so there will be an app available to watch Peacock on Roku. Amazon hasn't agreed to anything as far as I know. I don't know whether the app for Roku will be available so I can watch Skate America on my TV. My computer is new enough that I can watch on it...but the TV is so much better and bigger.

Ducky

On the Ice
Just got the email from NBC sports that everything is only available through peacock premium.

... And now I'm arguing with my sister because tennis will also only be available through the premium subscription and she's too cheap to go in with me to get the non-ad version... guess I'm changing the Netflix and Hulu passwords tonight.