Is this the greatest Commercial in the history of the sport? | Golden Skate

Is this the greatest Commercial in the history of the sport?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i will leave you my shallowest thoughts... DAMN IT !!!!! Shoma is so cute ;)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Another vote for Nobu sorry, but this is right up there :luv17: :laugh: with Javi's for very, errr, different reasons :laugh2:, and edging out Yuzu making hot chocolate and causing mass audiences to put on weight just watching him...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The creativity of Shoma and the cantilever is number one. Nobu's egg head is a very close second. Of course, it all made more sense when Joanna kindly posted the English subtitles for Shoma's videos. Great first commercial. Here are parts 1, 2, and a small portion of the commercial with the English subtitles..

https://twitter.com/JOANNA0125/status/1154062179076734976?s=20

https://twitter.com/JOANNA0125/status/1154063767811973120?s=20

https://twitter.com/JOANNA0125/status/1154068289867280384?s=20

rabidline

Final Flight
I'm just not over the promise of having Shoma skate down your body every time you rub down the "hot" body gel okay. I want a tiny Shoma to do that so much XD

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some of the claims are a bit dubious! I like how the bottle says "Boost your confidence with every use." :scratch3:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'll have to go with Javi's --But really, Nobu's and Shoma's are so close.

--I know Tomas Verner did a really funny commercial in which he did a spin so fast he drilled a hole through the ice. I cannot find it right now and wonder if anyone knows or remembers what he was advertising?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
They are all good but my vote goes to Shoma. Tiny Sho cantilevering across the stomach is brilliant!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
To be honest, hot body gel sounds like the worst idea ever in the summer time in Japan it's already about as hot as I can stand.
But Shoma has made this memorable and I will think of Hot body gel all day. So mission accomplished advertisers! Cool body gel, I'd absolutely buy.
Make it happen DHC, have Shoma cantilever across a cool tummy too!

Duh, :palmf: I just realized if these commercials are scheduled to air over the autumn and winter GP series and Nationals, it will be perfect.

Last edited:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh dear, I apologize for arriving in this thread as late as I did. Itā€™s very evident youā€™re all begging for a visit from my trusty garden hose.

*Makes sure water temperature is near-freezing; sprays everyone down*

rabidline

Final Flight
Oh dear, I apologize for arriving i this thread as late as I did. Itā€™s very evident youā€™re all begging for a visit from my trusty garden hose.

*Makes sure water temperature is near-freezing; sprays everyone down*

:laugh: we usually have the Shomambulance for situations like this, but you are welcome to hose us all down with a garden/firetruck hose SarahSynchro!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm imagining the store counter with boxes of the hot gel on sale and decorated with tiny cardboard Shomas (or maynot not so tiny 'cause they would get swiped by the bucketload)

Want.

Ykai

On the Ice
I'm imagining the store counter with boxes of the hot gel on sale and decorated with tiny cardboard Shomas (or maynot not so tiny 'cause they would get swiped by the bucketload)

Want.

Vote for hot gel:love:

Gosh, by looking at your avatar, this idea of Shoma doing the cantilever and Yuru doing the hydroblades together across the belly came to my mind, doubling the effect :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Vote for hot gel:love:

Gosh, by looking at your avatar, this idea of Shoma doing the cantilever and Yuru doing the hydroblades together across the belly came to my mind, doubling the effect :laugh:

Especially the hydroblade where his lips touch - sorry, this could be getting a tad too, umm.... :luv17:

Let's stick to Shoma's teeny tiny needle sharp blades. I wonder if they would make a good acupuncture alternative?

OniBan

Final Flight
To be honest, hot body gel sounds like the worst idea ever in the summer time in Japan it's already about as hot as I can stand.
But Shoma has made this memorable and I will think of Hot body gel all day. So mission accomplished advertisers! Cool body gel, I'd absolutely buy.
Make it happen DHC, have Shoma cantilever across a cool tummy too!

Duh, :palmf: I just realized if these commercials are scheduled to air over the autumn and winter GP series and Nationals, it will be perfect.

Does the 'Hot' in the Hot Body Gel refer to temperature? For some reason I interpreted 'hot' as in 'bodacious' and 'attractive' kind of hot right off the bat - as in Hot Body Gel, the gel that helps you feel bodacious about yourself when you apply it :biggrin: (after all it's a sort of body sculpting lotion, right, if I surmise correctly. The tagline on the bottle ties in with this concept too!).

(that said having Shoma slide across your belly definitely makes my temperature rise despite myself ..:laugh:)