Italian National Championships 2022/2023 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Italian National Championships 2022/2023

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Since I will be leaving in about 20 minutes to eat, and will be playing catch-up when I finish, I just wanted to ask something.

In Group 3 (after the resurfacing) we have 2 skaters from the Icelab club who have the same surname. Skater #15 Martina BERTOLINI, and skater #16 Sara BERTOLINI.

Are they sisters? If they are, the fact that they are going back-to-back could make things interesting.

(We had a similar situation in the British Championships a couple of weeks ago, when Zoe Jones' twin daughters went back-to-back in the SP).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What was Giulia BARUCCHI throwing at somebody out of shot when they went back to the live pictures after showing the highlights? :laugh:

She and her coach seemed to be having a lot of craic.

And rightly so. She goes into 2nd, less than half a point behind the long-time leader, Anna BODRONE (who is representing a different Turin club to Giulia).

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Did our own @elektra blue pick the hashtag #FISG4PASSSION ? Or is there another Italian out there who can't spell? :p :devil:

CaroLiza_fan
well if you misread it it turns in an innuendo in italian :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: and i'm pretty sure anyone is misreading it...i'd put my money on it (italians on the forum tell me i'm right and save my wallet :LOL::LOL::LOL:)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
well if you misread it it turns in an innuendo in italian :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: and i'm pretty sure anyone is misreading it...i'd put my money on it (italians on the forum tell me i'm right and save my wallet :LOL::LOL::LOL:)

Would I be thinking along the right lines if I quoted the "WLF" on Valentino Rossi's helmet...? :p

CaroLiza_fan

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Anita Gemelli's skating looks a bit sluggish, but the program is interesting. Unorthodox music choice.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, now that Anita GEMELLI has got her scores, that's me away for food.

I'll be back in about an hour playing catch-up.

All the best to everybody that is still to skate.

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Would I be thinking along the right lines if I quoted the "WLF" on Valentino Rossi's helmet...? :p

CaroLiza_fan
i know nothing about Valentino Rossi (except that he's one of the biggest tax cheats in our country) but i guess you're correct :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i know nothing about Valentino Rossi (except that he's one of the biggest tax cheats in our country) but i guess you're correct :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:mad:

Big Rossi fan here.

Despite supporting him for over 20 years, I only found out the meaning of the letters a few months ago. (I'm a good boy, as you keep reminding everybody!)

Anyway, it started me wondering something. And I have been meaning to ask you ever since I found out, so I will do it now.

Is it normal for the word "viva" to be abbreviated to "W"?

At the time, I asked my Mum (without telling her the context, of course!) as she was taught Latin at school, but she hadn't come across that being done. Mind you, her teacher was as old fashioned as you can get (he was still there in my first year at high school, so I can vouch for that). So, he wouldn't have been big into abbreviations that weren't around in Roman times.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I just did a search on Twitter for the version you are talking about, and somebody used it in a reply to a post that the mayor of Milan put up at the start of the 2017-18 season, reminding everybody that Worlds would be held in Milan later that season.

(I'm at the Group 3 Warm-Up, so that is why I am doing other things).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, no! Micol PANEPUCCI (first skater in Group 3) fell and hurt herself. She tried to carry on, doing her next spin, but then had to stop. And she left the ice holding her hip. Her face left you in no doubt that she was in a lot of pain.

Get well soon Micol!

:ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is it confirmed that Martina and Sara are related to each other?

Now that I've seen them, I'm not sure. I was hoping that they might look like each other, and we could jump to a conclusion from that. But, to my eyes anyway, there is not an obvious resemblance. So, that doesn't help us in reaching a decision.

CaroLiza_fan

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
The event is complete and the very first skater Anna Bodrone defended her pole position from the beginning to the end. Congrats to her and good luck to everyone for the free skate. :clap:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We now move onto a new stream to finish the day with the chaos category! :devil:

I won't be able to watch LIVE tonight. I'm going to watch something on the TV now, and then finish off the last couple of girls afterwards.

Livestream for the Junior Men's SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woWQ86MI_zs

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5...JUNIOR--05QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5899/online/SEG009.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Funny program by young Mr. longest-name-in-skating-history. Spray and pray! :laugh:

The jumps need a little more work.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh dear, I hope this mess doesn't confuse Miriam. :laugh:

Never seen that happen before. In fact, I never realised until there now that the sponsors' advertisements were on detatchable signs rather than being an integral part of the boards.

She was fortunate it fell down at the very start of her programme before she did any elements. And thank goodness the organisers had the sense to tell her to just all over again, rather than the point when she stopped. Because she wouldn't have been able to build up the speed for her first jump from then.

But, it took a long time for them to get everything organised for her. That would have been unsettling in itself. And I know that if it was me, it would be praying on my mind "might it happen again?"

Mariam didn't just do a great job considering the drama; she did a great job full stop! If her Rink Results page is complete, she actually achieved her highest ever SP score! Today's score was 0.30 points higher than she achieved at the Jégmadár Cup in April.

:cheer: WELL DONE MIRIAM!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
More men than women? Wow, is not common in meny countries. Men were too late for me yesterday, but I try to find time watch it between my 2nd work and local nats. Because no time to watch everything, tips?