Italian National Championships 2022/2023 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Italian National Championships 2022/2023

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"Young Goose Academy" - interesting name.

You know, I've known for a long number of years that the main skating club in the South Tyrol was called the "Young Goose Academy", but I've never heard where that name actually came from.

With a name like that, there is bound to be a good story behind it! ;) :biggrin:

By the way, I watched the Warm-Up and the first skater last night. But, I have things that have to be done this morning, so I will watch the rest of the Junior Men's SP in between the Junior Ladies FS and the Junior Men's FS.

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have nothing sensible to do at work before my boss arrives from meeting. So I spent my time by lurking. Martina B's ig is private, but I could see she trains or lives in both Milano and Zurich. Sara's is public and I found Martina from her ig's comments. Sara has Swiss and Italian flags. So I guess they are related.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
yep, but before you go digging a sanscrit dictionary it's simple ViVa. now type the Vs without space

Drat! And I wanted to finally get some use out of the Sanskrit volume of my ancient language dictionary collection. :p

For the benefit of those who do not realise, my tongue was firmly in my cheek there. The only dictionaries I own are either English, French or German. I have long wanted to add Russian and Udmurt dictionaries to my collection, but that may raise a few eyebrows if I bought them in the current climate.

Come on, it was obvious even to me that that was the origin of the abbreviation. I was just curious to know if it was commonly used by the general public, or if it was something that Vale and his "tribe" invented.

60e77d548909d.jpeg

Apologies, the letters I was talking about are on the fastener at the top of his leathers, not on the helmet. (This photo is from 2001, as I liked the livery he ran back then. But the letters stayed on the fastener for the rest of his career).

By the way, do you like his (then) sponsor's product? 🍺 Or, are you just a wine girl? 🍷

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Day 2 has the same running order as Day 1, but starts a lot earlier in the day.

Livestream for the Junior Ladies FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xA5wu5hUS0

Podium Ceremony (starts at 1h 00m 41s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXV5OnHiYAc&t=3641

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5...JUNIOR--06FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5899/online/SEG012.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So, we have Bertolinis kicking off each of the groups before the resurfacing. Martina for Group 1, and then Sara for Group 2.

In fact, apart from Group 3, we have Icelab skaters kicking off each group, as Anita MAPELLI is the first to go in the final group.

Perhaps the figure skating gods were intending them to kick off every group, but Mariam TALI's drama with the sign caused some interference, and she has ended up going second in Group 2 instead of first in Group 3.

Looking at the scores, there are only 6.34 points covering the 12 skaters from 6th position to 17th position. So, anything could happen now.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Amanda GHEZZO thoroughly got me confused. When the music started, I thought "That dress doesn't say 'Pirates Of The Caribbean" to me!" Then I thought "maybe it is supposed to be the blue sea".

But, then the music continued, and I realised that it wasn't the "Pirates" music after all. I don't know what the music was (she doesn't have an ISU Bio yet), but it thouroughly caught me out!

Mamma mia! :drama: She goes into a MASSIVE lead of 29.44 points in the FS, and 31.85 points overall! :jaw:

Now for something from Irina NAPOLITANO that there is no doubt about - "Schindler's List"

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
First to skate yesterday, last to skate today. Can Anna BODRONE overcome Amanda GHEZZO to take the title?

She was 8.52 points ahead of her in the SP.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I thought that was good from Anna BODRONE.

Ouch. She drops to 6th in the FS and 5th overall. The dream of leading from start to finish was not to be.

So Amanda GHEZZO climbs up from 8th in the SP to win the FS and the overall title. She wins the FS by 9.31 points, and wins overall by 2.73 points, both over Elena AGOSTINELLI.

However, I saw a story about her from February which said she was 11. So, regardless of whether she has had her birthday in the 10 months since then or not, it means Amanda is too young for a Junior Worlds slot.

But, her being so young makes her climb up the order even more impresssive! :bow: :bow: :bow:

:cheer: WELL DONE AMANDA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Drat! And I wanted to finally get some use out of the Sanskrit volume of my ancient language dictionary collection. :p

For the benefit of those who do not realise, my tongue was firmly in my cheek there. The only dictionaries I own are either English, French or German. I have long wanted to add Russian and Udmurt dictionaries to my collection, but that may raise a few eyebrows if I bought them in the current climate.

Come on, it was obvious even to me that that was the origin of the abbreviation. I was just curious to know if it was commonly used by the general public, or if it was something that Vale and his "tribe" invented.

60e77d548909d.jpeg

Apologies, the letters I was talking about are on the fastener at the top of his leathers, not on the helmet. (This photo is from 2001, as I liked the livery he ran back then. But the letters stayed on the fastener for the rest of his career).

By the way, do you like his (then) sponsor's product? 🍺 Or, are you just a wine girl? 🍷

CaroLiza_fan
i likebetter Belgian beers.

anyway i'll be joining you tomorrow for the seniors

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We now complete Junior Free Skate Friday by finishing off the chaos category! :devil:

And, I managed to get the rest of the SP watched during the interval, so I'm good to go! :biggrin:

Livestream for the Junior Men's FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXV5OnHiYAc

Podium Ceremony (starts at 1h 07m 45s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXV5OnHiYAc&t=4065

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5...JUNIOR--05FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/5899/online/SEG010.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i likebetter Belgian beers.

anyway i'll be joining you tomorrow for the seniors

From what I remember from last year (?), those of us outside Italy weren't able to watch the Seniors because of the TV rights.

But, I was planning on watching the Latvia Trophy over the weekend anyway, because I have a couple of kids there! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Hi, I try to watch, but local juniors also start in an hour. And I try to work. No knitting today, it would be too much. There is so much skating on this weekend, I am in trouble by choosing what to watch. :unsure:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What a great medley from Nikita DOSSENA! It was a real greatest hits of 80's movie soundtracks! :rock: 🎥

CaroLiza_fan

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really like how Nikita Dossena took the time to hold his choreography!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was short and sweet.

No changes to the order from the SP.

Matteos topping and tailing the results tables.

I wonder if the stream will stay on air for the Podium Ceremonies, or whether that's a wrap for the day.

People pushing the steps of the podium onto the ice, and the commentary has ended, but so far the stream is still on air.

Let's hope it stays that way. If for no other reason than to let us listen to the rest of "Bohemian Rhapsody"! :rock:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Boys, this is taking a long time to start.

Right, I'm off to watch the Pairs FS in France. I'll pause this and watch during the resurfacing.

And just as I do that, the ceremonies start! But, I'm still leaving.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Funny program by young Mr. longest-name-in-skating-history. Spray and pray! :laugh

Aiden Lino Alexander BUTTIERO KHOREV may have the longest name, but look how small he is standing on the podium compared to the guys on the higher steps! :drama:

He only just reaches the waist of the winner! :eek:

Good things come in small packages! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

yesterday

Record Breaker
I hope to be here, too. But Latvia, 4 Nations and France its going to be a juggling act.
Absolutely. I have so much going on during the day and "own" nationals and lots of others as well, I'll only catch up later and watch where there've been streams. Just seleted performances.