Jackson Elle vs. Flex Fusion | Golden Skate

Jackson Elle vs. Flex Fusion

thisismynewsport

Rinkside
Are these the exact same boots? I noticed that the stiffness ratings are exactly the same and both have fusion soles. Except the Elle is sold with the blade and the Flex is just the boot. I am actually looking to make these into roller skates since my rink is closed. By the way does anyone know what the heel height is of the Flex fusion?

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
I believe they are not - they have the same sole, but I think the Elle and Freestyle are made on the same last as the lower level recreational boots, and the 2000 and 5000 series boots are made on the elite last (which is more close fitting all around).

thisismynewsport

Rinkside
I believe they are not - they have the same sole, but I think the Elle and Freestyle are made on the same last as the lower level recreational boots, and the 2000 and 5000 series boots are made on the elite last (which is more close fitting all around).
Hmm.. i guess it’s going to get tricky. I am a size 5.5 A/B in the Premieres but I plan on wearing thick socks with the Flex boots. Now I’m wondering if I should size up to a 6 A/B since there is no way my thick socks would fit in the 5.5. Problem is I can’t go to a fitter because nobody has these in stock. I found one shop online who’s has these on clearance but I can’t exactly return them.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Hmm.. i guess it’s going to get tricky. I am a size 5.5 A/B in the Premieres but I plan on wearing thick socks with the Flex boots. Now I’m wondering if I should size up to a 6 A/B since there is no way my thick socks would fit in the 5.5. Problem is I can’t go to a fitter because nobody has these in stock. I found one shop online who’s has these on clearance but I can’t exactly return them.
Why don’t you contact Jackson and ask?

Sibelius

On the Ice
I don't know where you are, and I don't know how much you're saving on the clearance boots, but Kinzie's Closet has them and doesn't charge a restocking fee for exchanges. Since you're not mounting a blade it should be a relatively easy back and forth if you get the wrong size for your socks.

Oh, and FYI, Jackson has a new Atom roller inline frame and wheels line. They've sent me several emails about them. I know nothing further, just passing it along.

tstop4me

Final Flight
The Freestyle and the Elle were not originally formed on the Elite last. But when they were redesigned with the Fusion sole, they were also switched to the Elite last. At any rate, the current models are formed on the Elite last: see page 2 on https://www.flipsnack.com/JacksonUl...alog-digital-sample-tkfralfunf/full-view.html

thisismynewsport

Rinkside
I don't know where you are, and I don't know how much you're saving on the clearance boots, but Kinzie's Closet has them and doesn't charge a restocking fee for exchanges. Since you're not mounting a blade it should be a relatively easy back and forth if you get the wrong size for your socks.

Oh, and FYI, Jackson has a new Atom roller inline frame and wheels line. They've sent me several emails about them. I know nothing further, just passing it along.
I am not in the USA so I won’t be able to order from them. I actually found a typo in Jackson’s boot catalogue where they mention the Elle boot under the Flex Fusion. My suspicions seem to be correct... I also contacted Jackson today and they are all the same specs but they did not tell me directly it is the exact same boot. Anyways with that being said I have a better chance of looking at them in stores now!

Sibelius

On the Ice
I am not in the USA so I won’t be able to order from them. I actually found a typo in Jackson’s boot catalogue where they mention the Elle boot under the Flex Fusion. My suspicions seem to be correct... I also contacted Jackson today and they are all the same specs but they did not tell me directly it is the exact same boot. Anyways with that being said I have a better chance of looking at them in stores now!
Well, scratch that then. I think you are right that they are the exact same boot now. The Elle pre fusion was much different, leather, lower heel height. It was a great boot, but came with a cruddy blade. Now it is on the Elite last as mentioned above, so if you're in a Premiere you should be able to get a good feel for how the size difference would be. I would avoid a clearance though in favor of being able to return it even if you have to pay a bit for a restock. Of course if the price of the clearance boot is the same as the full retail plus a restock it's a wash and there's always Ebay to sell it I guess.

I hope your rink opens soon!