Jason Brown | Page 968 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

noskates

Record Breaker
Still laughing at who he would want to be stranded with - what a great choice. The Ambassador to Belize would certainly be the object of a search. I just love reading about Jason now - he's obviously happy and relaxed and comfortable with his life. That's all I would have ever wished for him (altho that pesky quad would have been nice) I also think he's paved the way for other skaters who aren't jumping beans but have great artistry.

el henry

Fangirl of men’s spirals and split jumps
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason meant to go to Pittsburgh, because ...

He is skating in a holiday show "Symphony on Ice" in Wheeling WVA🎅 One hour southwest-ish of Pittsburgh.

OK, I'm going to geek out and bring up my work again, this is so cool for me. I have been to Wheeling West Virginia many times for work. Major metropolis it is not and I did not even know they had a symphony (then again, I need to be honest, I wasn't staying downtown. I was usually in the even smaller town of St. Clairsville OH, right across the river. Oh well...)

Why didn't this happen when I was there😄

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason meant to go to Pittsburgh, because ...

He is skating in a holiday show "Symphony on Ice" in Wheeling WVA🎅 One hour southwest-ish of Pittsburgh.

OK, I'm going to geek out and bring up my work again, this is so cool for me. I have been to Wheeling West Virginia many times for work. Major metropolis it is not and I did not even know they had a symphony (then again, I need to be honest, I wasn't staying downtown. I was usually in the even smaller town of St. Clairsville OH, right across the river. Oh well...)

Why didn't this happen when I was there😄
Good detective work! I knew there had to be a reason for flying to Pittsburgh. He'll fly to Providence on Friday, I guess. They had a rehearsal last night and the show is tonight. I wonder what his exhibition skate is for these shows?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Based on deductions and guesses from an attendee's photos at the Wheeling show:

Jason performed "I Lived" (based on final pose): in his Juke costume.🙀 Has he worn that for anything since 2015?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Clptr0suZmd/

He did use the Gene Kelly costume for another program, maybe based on one of the poses, Melancholy? Well, it goes better with Melancholy than the Juke costume.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Based on deductions and guesses from an attendee's photos at the Wheeling show:

Jason performed "I Lived" (based on final pose): in his Juke costume.🙀 Has he worn that for anything since 2015?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Clptr0suZmd/

He did use the Gene Kelly costume for another program, maybe based on one of the poses, Melancholy? Well, it goes better with Melancholy than the Juke costume.

Shows are a great way to recycle old costumes. He used Gene Kelly for I Lived this past summer, but I agree that one of the poses could well have been Melancholy. But if he's using that for competition, would he want to use that in exhibition? Looks like a nice evening! Jason posted some pre-show and show videos on his Instagram stories today.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From the IG stories, looks like Jason improvised, and of course Jason did an excellent job. :) Modifying my guesses and deductions

The symphony was playing Christmas music. Jason used moves from "I Lived" (four split jumps) and probably Melancholy from the stills.

And Juke is probably the most Christmas-y of Jason's costumes, so good choice. Bet we'll see it again in Providence.
;)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason has been named to the cast of the Canadian Stars on Ice 2023 spring tour. I am presuming that it does not conflict with any American dates

Jason's blurb:

I think this is the same blurb they used last year, but it is true and I like it: :)

Known for his infectious personality and unique style, Jason has become a fan favorite and household name in the figure skating community.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason has been named to the cast of the Canadian Stars on Ice 2023 spring tour. I am presuming that it does not conflict with any American dates

Jason's blurb:

I think this is the same blurb they used last year, but it is true and I like it: :)

Known for his infectious personality and unique style, Jason has become a fan favorite and household name in the figure skating community.
It would conflict with US SOI, so I assume that the US tour isn't going out next year. Mariah Bell is doing the Canadian Holiday Tour and seems to be having a blast.