Jin Boyang | Page 85 | Golden Skate

Jin Boyang

Arriba627

🔥🔥SHOLERO🔥🔥 CRAZY FIRE
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm confused. I don't understand how one is able to postpone appendix surgery! My understanding is that can be life threatening if it bursts (ruptures).

Why is a ruptured appendix life threatening?
A ruptured appendix could be life-threatening because "it is likely to cause massive infection of the abdominopelvic cavity.". In addition, appendicitis would require a surgical procedure to effectively remove the appendix of the body. Reaching a point where the appendix would burst could be fatal.

Giu

On the Ice
I'm confused. I don't understand how one is able to postpone appendix surgery! My understanding is that can be life threatening if it bursts (ruptures).

Why is a ruptured appendix life threatening?
A ruptured appendix could be life-threatening because "it is likely to cause massive infection of the abdominopelvic cavity.". In addition, appendicitis would require a surgical procedure to effectively remove the appendix of the body. Reaching a point where the appendix would burst could be fatal.
Exactly, I also knew this. That’s why I asked what surgery he postponed. Appendicitis should be treated immediately.
Unless it is just a slight inflammation that can be treated with medicines, that’s what happened to me, I treated it with medicines with no need to postpone anything.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I understand where he is coming from but this still sounds bad to me.
But it's a bad situation either way. Get the surgery - he may not recover from the surgery before the Olympics; Conservative treatment - he might be in a bad physical condition this entire season. Quite a dilemma.
I'm not sure appendix surgery knocks anyone out for that long.

But personally I think it's entirely possible we just don't know what the situation is. We're just going off an interview. It was bad enough to go to the hospital, but maybe the doctors determined this was fine to be controlled for a few more months through medicine. I sure hope it's a wise, informed decision, anyway...

Reactions: Giu