Johnny Weir on Dancing With the Stars

Mathman

Record Breaker
I was also happy with fake cheering :laugh:

I got a kick out Bruno turning around and playing to the "audience" every once in a while.

I am looking forward to Johnny letting his hair down (literally and figuratively :) ) in future episodes as he get more comfortable with getting the steps precise, etc.

Mathman

Record Breaker
I can't believe it, but Tyra needs to be a little "bigger," but I'm sure she'll get there.

I know what you mean. But maybe she doesn't want to overshadow the actual dancers.

I always thought that that was Tom Bergeron's appeal. He never took himself too seriously -- or anyone else. :)

ManyCairns

Medalist
I know what you mean. But maybe she doesn't want to overshadow the actual dancers.

I always thought that that was Tom Bergeron's appeal. He never took himself too seriously -- or anyone else. :)

Tom was the consummate host, and I miss him a lot. I always liked Samantha Harris (the second woman host, wasn't she?), and Erin as well -- but no one was quite like Tom. I really find it hard to think the show needed a new host to refresh itself -- Tom as host would be the one thing I would NOT change, myself, but here we are.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Chiming in a bit late, but I just watched it yesterday - Tyra's not terrible, but she's not great. She's kind of... flat as a host, if that makes sense.

Johnny was great, not perfect ofc, but I think he was underscored a bit, as was AJ McLean.

Mathman

Record Breaker
Johnny's my guy, but ...

I think I am on my way to being a Justina Machado fan!

Now to critique the judges/host. Whatever Carrie-ann is on, can I get some?

Who dressed Tyra? Fire them quick!

On the other hand, Derek wear a mean sash. :yes:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Great to see Johnny Weir. I miss Tom B. as the host, it's not the same show. I can't stand Tyra Banks and some of the get ups she is wearing. Honestly, someone needs to tell her she looks overweight. What was the green outfit about on Monday night? I thought maybe she escaped from a game of Jumanji - LOL